TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Paulton's Park to become home to Peppa Pig World

Paultons Park have just announced that in 2011 they're adding Peppa Pig World. This new themed area will be a mix of indoor and outdoor attractions. The themed area will take up nearly 3 acres and will offer 7 brand new rides. The indoor building will be a new state of the art facility with catering, play area and Peppa Pig shop.

The Peppa Pig area will be a World's First and a UK Exclusive.

1104426834_PeppaPigbanner.jpg.0d0580796e56ed0dd08c40e00782a156.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they having zoning approval this time?

This development falls within their general development order that allows them to pretty much build any ride they want without having to get additional approval.

I did wonder how well know Peppa Pig is outside the UK.

Edited by exmouse

• 1 month later...

http://www.romseyadvertiser.co.uk/news/news/8129079.New_theme_park_will_be_fit_for_pigs/

Paultons Park is to be home to a new pink pig-themed attraction.

Plans for Peppa Pig World, scheduled to open in Easter, 2011, at the Ower fun park, were unveiled this week.

Created in close partnership with E1 Entertainment and the TV show’s creators, Astley Baker Davies, Peppa Pig World will offer seven new themed rides, all inspired by the award-winning animated series.

Rides will feature the Peppa Pig family car, Miss Rabbit’s helicopter, Grandpa Pig’s train, George’s dinosaur, a Balloon ride, Danny Dog’s car, George’s boat and even a ride in the “clouds” around Windy Castle.

For the full Peppa Pig experience, there will also be an area where visitors can splash in muddy puddles, a themed indoor play area and the UK’s largest Peppa Pig shop.

Steve Lorton, commercial director for Paultons Park, said, “This is by far the largest project the park has ever undertaken and we are thrilled to have secured an exclusive licence with E1 Entertainment for the UK and Ireland.

“Paultons Park will be the only place in the UK where Peppa Pig fans will be able to enjoy this unique experience and we look forward to welcoming visitors from far and wide when Peppa Pig World opens at Easter 2011.”

For more information, visit: http://www.peppapigworld.co.uk/

1879883408_Screenshot2010-04-30at1_10_53AM.png.bfd1ae38728eb25440f16ca413ec9d86.png

Paultons Park as a beautiful park and its theme selection is always unique. It's a pretty small park, and I ever suggest to my all friends that go there with kids, it is really a perfect place for a day tour with kids. It is really good news but sadly “Easter, 2011,” sound is long time wait.

Best Regards,

• 10 months later...

The soft openings are by invite only. Yesterday and today were press days. Next weekend is golden ticket competition winners. Then it opens to the public on the 9th. They're being very strict on access, I saw a few people getting huffy that they weren't being allowed in.

Peppa Pig World looks simply stunning. The park hasn't scrimped or cut any corners. It really changes the park from a small local amusement park to a national park. Pretty much every ride has a little extra touch from on board audio to visual effects. The animatronic Peppa Pig scene in one of the houses is pretty cool as it re-enacts a short story from one of the TV episodes.

OK the rides aren't too thrilling, but then the park isn't chasing thrill seekers, what they have done though is create possibly the UK's best Children's themed area. It outshines most of the kiddie lands found in other parks throughout Europe and the US.

The only trouble is this new area makes the other rides in the park look dated and in needed of transformations.

All the rides were built by either Zierer or Metallbau Emmeln.

P1090411.jpg.903698976248bc76ee11e203079b1750.jpg

Muddy Puddles water spray ground

P1090419.jpg.3e01ed92f9585c47654fa6a62bd29517.jpg

Apparently these animatronic ducks were one of the hardest things to make in the park.

P1090421.jpg.0214858a05485fdcc926fbdae1e9631a.jpg

Indoor play area, strictly no adults allowed.

P1090458.jpg.2ece5a912223b73863b43629dbb4a5f8.jpg

Ballon ride

P1090480.jpg.e9e7d7016236b8ad218bff10f509d5f9.jpg

Just like the Toverland tower ride.

P1090523.jpg.836861b4371426211bb0a55c1aa65856.jpg

Dinosaur ride, the best of the new rides.

P1090563.jpg.0f724b6a2810f703e9c11f26a8e89766.jpg

New side show stall to win Peppa Pig stuffed toys.

thanks for the explanation exmouse,I will now wait until April 9th at least until I go down to take a look at the new land,I'm usually always free in the mornings wednesdays and thursdays before I go to work, so will plan a visit either 13th or 14th April I cant wait to see all the new changes in full, it looks a really good investment for the park, I hope it does well, and I'm sure it will

So here is something I am wondering,With Paultons usual schedule of putting in a big ride/attraction every 3 years(Stinger 2000,Wave Runner and Flying Frog 2003,Cobra 2006,The Edge 2009) Will the 2012 ride(Assumeing they still stick to a 3 year big ride schedule) be delayed maybe a year or two with this big investment in 2011??Hopefully something will still go ahead but obviously I havent heard anything definate yet(Still too early maybe) I still hope for one of those portable rapids which would fit in great to the park

They're waiting to see how this year goes before making any decisions on new rides. Peppa Pig World proved very expensive so they need to recoup some of the money and then see where they are to know how much they can spend.

Due to the level of theming in PPW, they don't want to just slap down another ride, they would want it to be highly themed too. So this naturally makes any future purchase more expensive than it would have done prior to PPW. They are going to give some of the older rides a makeover with new signage etc. to try and bring them more in line with the parks new direction and to totally eradicate Percy.

The next major investment they have decided on is a new admissions area. The existing building will be demolished and replaced with a glass structure. Also, you will enter the car park by turning left before the little bridge every time, not just when the over flow is being used.

• 8 months later...
Over the past few weeks, Paultons Park have been posting cryptic messages on their Facebook page. The messages point towards strange temperature readings and rumblings being recorded on the grassy area near to the Edge and Cobra rides.

Despite badgering the management at the park and checking the local council website for planning permission applications, we're none the wiser.

However, the park have registered a new website - http://www.theresnosmokewithoutfire.com - which displays a volcanic scene and a dinosaur. Paultons Park also created micro-sites for Edge and Corba during construction so it's safe to say a major new ride with a prehistoric theme is on the cards!

I hope it is a big family roller coaster rather than a flat, becuase then it would give me a real reason to go. Whatever it turns out to be, it is good to see Paultons expanding.

• 2 weeks later...

Going back to that website they created for the new attraction, It appears we could have a name already "Magna"

Obviously this still doesnt giving much away, but I'm guessing something that involves Volcanoes, and maybe dinosaur themed. I'm rather hoping for a small indoor dark ride which would be perfect for the park, or another rollercoaster of course would be nice(seeing as its my home park )

Its good another big attraction is coming in 2012, because its nice to still see them stick to their "A Big Ride every 3 years" schedule

• 1 month later...

The artwork looks pretty cool, could be a nice themed ride if they pull it off, I was still hoping for something a bit bigger and maybe a little more exciting, but I think this will still fit in well to the park, will look forward to visiting the park again this year

• 10 months later...

http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/leisure/10117225.4D_cinema_to_open_at_Paultons_Park__the_home_of_Peppa_Pig_World/

Paultons Park, the theme park based at Ower near Romsey, is to open a ground-breaking 4D sensory cinema.

The interactive cinema, due to open at Easter, will put you in the heart of the action, making your seat vibrate and drop, tickle your legs, blast you with air and water spray, bubbles and snow.

The park, home to the phenomenally popular Peppa Pig World, was recently voted the country’s best theme park by the UK’s largest parenting website Netmums.com.

The amazing 150-seater cinema’s first showing will take you on the high seas with Captain Scabbon for a swashbuckling quest to the find the legendary treasure of Skull Rock. Feel the sea spray, peer through eerie mist and ride the high rolling waves as you explore the depths of the bubbling ocean in this ultimate family adventure.

The cinema’s glamorous Art Deco façade, close to Paultons Park’s entrance, will be the centrepiece of an American themed show street which will welcome visitors.