TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2010 Photo & Video Updates!

Hhappy

Is there somewhere we can email or contact for questions we thought of to ask after the presentation on Saturday? Because I thought of one.

Q: With next year being the 40th anniversary for the park AND Gold Rusher, are they planning anything special for either?

I also forgot about a question. Are the hair gell trains on Viper staying forever, or are they coming off any time soon? Arrow loopers, while far from being rare, are no longer being made, so I am anti hair train.

^ Lol, I hate being shy. I was either in front of you or behind you at the beginning of night time ERT on Goliath at like 10. That was you, right? on the ride at around that time, and the ride op gave the entire train a re ride cause we all chanted "one more ride."

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Same, you were one of the few I recognized, and by the time I recognized you I was pretty much high on the awesomeness that is ERT. Also, I would HATE to walk up to someone and introduce myself and discover that they were not the person I was trying to introduce myself to. I hate mistaking people for someone else, and it makes essentially every situation awkward.

Also, I kind of doubt she reads this, but a shout out to the ride op who was running Goliath at the beginning of evening ERT. She was awesome, and it was really funny when she had everyone raise there hands who didnt have a pass and then said "Guess you guys arent re riding, huh?

Not sure if it was the same person or not, but the female ride op who was running Goliath at the end of ERT was also awesome! Then again, all of the SFMM employees that we encountered were awesome.

The only negative I have to say is that we went to Deja Vu first for night ERT and up until 10:20 or so, people without wristbands or lanyards kept coming up to the station and riding. We mentioned it to the ops when we got on the ride and they made an announcement then, but it should've been monitored well before that.

^ She was awesome, that was most likely the same train as I totally remember an awesome female ride op, although she essentially made me loose my voice by cheering, but its all in good fun. Also, I was not even aware Deja Vu was working during ERT, we went probably at around 11 and it was closed. That being said, I am not a big fan of the ride as it always manages to give me a headache, so it was no big deal for me.

^Yeah, I was on the Deja Vu train that got stuck in the station. There was initially a problem with a seatbelt being stuck in the first row, but that was fixed after some tugging and pulling. After that, it seemed like we were good to go...and after moving back a couple feet, it stopped. Mechanics came and I think they probably decided to just keep it down for the rest of ERT. This was around 10:30pm or so.

I was standing somewhat near you outside Magic Moments theater right before the group picture. I was gonna come over, but I didn't want to split up with my group for the photo or presentation, so I decided to play it safe and stay with my group. Looking back it was a fairly good decision, to stay with my group, because I am the kind of person who has zero searching ability, I get lost/loose people in my group all the time accidnetally, and I am bad at regrouping.

^He said he was shy, but didn't mention he was a stalker! Really though, it was great to meet a bunch of new people, and catch up with the old. I'll have to make sure and find you next year!

I am kind of dissapointed cause I saw tons of people but I am shy, so a very late hey to the Bebes, Fitch Coaster, Doug and Shannon Barnes, all the mods and Jeff Johnson, and J man aka the Hoodie Wizard. ...but next year I will actually say hi!

Well HI THERE ghost!

Weird as it may seem, The Bebes are kinda shy too! We saw J Kohrs all over and wanted to make some sort of hoodie reference, but didn't.

Also, it's hard to put faces to screen names unless the person attaches their face as an avatar. I see some of these reports and I'm like, "OH, THAT was so-n-so!!!!!"

Like you said, next year....

-The Bebes

Wow, guess we lucked out going to Déjà Vu first! I don’t like it quite as much as I used to but I’m still glad we got the 1 ride on it. It just has the worst train design/loading ever. If you’re in the outside row on the far side of the station, it’s impossible to get through unless you sneak through the row in front or behind before those people sit down.

Also, it's hard to put faces to screen names unless the person attaches their face as an avatar. I see some of these reports and I'm like, "OH, THAT was so-n-so!!!!!"

That was my problem. Lots of faces I recognized, but couldn't remember their screen names.

Best thing to do, is just come over and introduce yourselves (this goes for everyone). None of us bite. Well some of us do, just not hard.

I think it would be a good idea to have name tags with real names and screen names on them. That way people could be sure of who's who and put more faces to screen names. I don't post all that often so even though I recognized some people, I would've felt a bit awkward going up to people saying I'm Sue and them wondering who the heck I am.

^We have actually done that in the past, but SFMM didn't want us doing our own lanyards this year since they were making their own.

On all of our TPR Trips we do lanyards with Real Name, Location, and Screen Name.

Edited by SharkTums

I mentioned to Robb in a PM that a simple solution to the name tag thing might be to have the lanyard cards designed with a spot that is specifically designated for a stick-on name tag. That would save any hassles of custom printing lanyard cards, or having a mistake on the printing. The name tags tend to fall off clothing fairly easily, and some of us may change shirts during the day, but we can almost always be counted on to have our lanyards. I am also a little shy sometimes and may think I know who someone is, but not be entirely sure, so I will often avoid the possible awkardness by not introducing myself only to regret it later. The name tags really do help in that respect. (As long as none of the ladies think I'm just staring at their chest when in fact I'm trying to read their name tag)

Even though I did recognize Jeremy of Hoodie fame, I also didn't say hello. I apologize and will be sure to not make the same mistake next time. If nothing else, I'd just like to thank you for the hoodie movies. They're awesome!

Hey everyone!

I have posted the "official update" from the Six Flags Magic Mountain day of West Coast Bash here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/parks/photo.php?pageid=23&linkid=8515

Tons of backstage tours, coaster photos, and good times with friends!

Be sure to check out the exclusive West Coast Bash audio track as well!

Enjoy the update... Knott's Day coming soon!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Also, I am kind of dissapointed cause I saw tons of people but I am shy, so a very late hey to the Bebes, Fitch Coaster, Doug and Shannon Barnes, all the mods and Jeff Johnson, and J man aka the Hoodie Wizard.

Wow, this is my first time posting, but I just wanted to say that Doug and I are just about the most approachable people on the planet, so don't ever be too shy to come up and say Hello!!! We'll be at Bay Area Bash, Doug is going to be podcasting at Discovery Kingdom, so if anyone is headed up to that, be sure to stop by and say hello!!