TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Paramount may build theme park in Murcia, Spain

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

On my recent trip to Murcia, I decided to go visit the site with my dad and brother. The land is HUGE, though it is really empty. But there have been signs that work has been taking place with some digging taking place on certain places around the land. Below are images which I took.

Arriving at the Paramount theme park site.

On the road with the flags on either side and the concrete foundation where the ceremony took place.

The concrete base area.

These are images of the land in the distance.

You can't see it clearly here but some digging has taken place.

Looking back at the flags from a distance.

Well, and now the last image of the site while leaving.

Here is some recorded footage I took while I was there.

(For some reason the new youtube layout won't allow me to place it up here as it usually does. So you'll have to click on the link.)

If anybody wants to go there, the location is beside the 8th exit on MU-602 going towards Alhama de Murcia, or going towards Cartagena if you are going the opposite direction.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Refreshing to see that it is not just Murcia that Paramount Licensing are having problems with !!

http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/7167-paramount-licencing-curse-their-luck.html

The spiders have not harmed this project, they have been known about for some time. It is apparently not an unusual occurrence for things like this to happen in the UK, it has happened before. The creatures will be re-homed and the development will continue. There has also been a lot of interest from investors so I am very confident this park is going to happen.

The creatures will be re-homed and the development will continue. There has also been a lot of interest from investors so I am very confident this park is going to happen.

Source http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford_messenger/news/2013/april/3/spiders_in_paramount_move.aspx

The spiders have also been known about for a while, so I doubt the project has been delayed too long. It just seems like a publicity stunt.

Cllr Burden told the: Gravesend Reporter “Our planners have been aware of the existence of these spiders for some time and raised the issue with the developers more than a year ago in order for it to be incorporated in the overall bio-diversity plans for the site and, in particular, with a view to including the habitat in the country park envisaged for part of this massive site.

“The developer has always approached the issue of bio-diversity and wildlife concerns in a mature and enlightened way as we are confident that London Resort Company Holdings will resolve this issue satisfactorily. There is absolutely no question that the scheme has been derailed as has been reported.”

Source: http://www.in2theqline.co.uk/2013/04/mega-theme-park-delayed-by-spiders/

Spain is not in great shape at the moment so I really doubt this park is going to happen.

• 9 months later...

I asked my father a favour to take images of the site when he visited Murcia, so he did. Here are the images taken, though not the best. Regardless, they are images of the site.

Looking over the images, I see that there is less plants and vegetation then before from my last visit. And as may seem more noticeable, the flags have gone. These images were taken on Thursday 30th January 2014.

With all the news I've seen of the trouble they've been having trying to start the park, is this thing actually going to get built because, to me, them getting rid of the flags seem to suggest they are abandoning the idea and trying to make everyone forget.