TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TV Alert! Joel Manby CEO of Herschend Family Group

It is going downhill I really liked the first ones, but it is seeming more and more scripted , and more like extreme employee makeover. The wife and I both said that Albert had to be a TPR member when he pulled out RCT

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talk about being scripted. I think with how Albert seemed to be so intrested in the theme park industry and wanting to become CEO. I think he should have been able to tell who he was even with the beard and glasses. Just my thought.

Well, he also didn't see a problem with a coaster diving into water...

It has really become insanely formulaic. Plus - how on earth could they EVER do a second season?!!??! With their Superbowl viewership alone they would have someone in each place that would have heard of them and become instantly suspicious.

I don't see how they are doing a second season without hidden cameras or going out of the country.

As I watched the episode last night, I told Natalee he would probably be recognized at SDC. Remember, Herschend's headquarters used to be in Branson and I bet Joel visited the park quite a bit when he was there. When dude whipped out his laptop, there was no doubt he knew he was talking to a higher up.

I don't see how they are doing a second season without hidden cameras or going out of the country.

They probably started filming all of these shows last year, early 2009. I wouldn't be surprised if some were even filmed at the tail end of 2008. If you think about how many shows can be filmed over the course of a year, they could have enough episodes to last until 20012 (depending on how many they air this year & next). Filming could have been going on all the way up until, well right about now really. So I am guessing that they have enough episodes in the bank to keep it going for awhile.

Aside from that, I can see them getting creative with ways to hid the CEO in the future. I am sure it is something they thought about way before the first episode aired.

Edited by 99er

It has really become insanely formulaic. Plus - how on earth could they EVER do a second season?!!??! With their Superbowl viewership alone they would have someone in each place that would have heard of them and become instantly suspicious.

Easy, Scripts

I really enjoyed this episode of Undercover Boss it was nice to see a theme park company selected.

I've watched, read and listened to a lot of interviews from Joel, Albert (Silver Dollar City) and the Ride the Ducks Captain and I really think the show was a genuine thing. Maybe the people were meant to be picked maybe they weren't but everyone does have story really. What I found interesting was this episode was NOT shot by CBS at all. When this episode was filmed in the fall of 2009 it was an independent crew and it was just a pilot series no network had picked up the concept yet. So Herschend Family Entertainment signed on to do it prior to it becoming the big hit it is on CBS. For all they knew the show may never air at the time it was shot.

• 5 months later...
I'm really excited for this show. It is always very entertaining, and it should definitely be cool to see SDC featured right?

SDC is featured, but from what I remember of the show I think some of the company's other properties were featured more, like the "Ride the Ducks" attraction.

--Robb