TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Red Dragon - [NL] POV VIDEO PAGE 5

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope that thing on the left of the station is a tunnel

No sorry =( that's not a tunnel.

BUT..There will be a tunnel on this ride, as you dive into the dragon's liar. Won't spoil it for you where it is though .

The queue is finished now, just details such as signs, details on the paths and foliage need to be done. And The ride will be released on SUNDAY, APRIL 11th

A view from the track of the station and the queue entrance.

The queue passes into the castle and out round the back into the orchid before returning into the castle up into one of the towers, where stairs lead up to the loading platform.

Just a random picture I took, of the ride's three biggest hills, the MCBR and the second helix.

When you say released on April 11th, will that also mean a video of the ride? I don't have No Limits, but I would love to see this thing in action!

I'll try my best to get a POV by then. But I'm struggling to find the best video capture software. and a decent editing one too.

When you say released on April 11th, will that also mean a video of the ride? I don't have No Limits, but I would love to see this thing in action!

I'll try my best to get a POV by then. But I'm struggling to find the best video capture software. and a decent editing one too.

I have Vegas and a awesome video capture software. If you can't find a video capture software and editing software I can make a POV for you! Just post the download.

Background

This ride is based on the tale of Y Ddraig Goch (The Red Dragon), the national symbol for Wales.

In the Mabinogion, The Red Dragon fights with an invading White Dragon. His pained shrieks cause women to miscarry, animals to perish and plants to become barren. Lludd, king of Britain, goes to his wise brother Llefelys in France. Llefelys tells him to dig a pit in the centre of Britain, fill it with mead, and cover it with cloth. Lludd does this, and the dragons drink the mead and fall asleep. Lludd imprisons them, still wrapped in their cloth, in Dinas Emrys in Snowdonia.

The dragons remain at Dinas Emrys for centuries until King Vortigern tries to build a castle there. Every night the castle walls and foundations are demolished by unseen forces. Vortigern consults his advisers, who tell him to find a boy with no natural father, and sacrifice him. Vortigern finds such a boy, Merlin, who is supposed to be the wisest wizard to ever live. On hearing that he is to be put to death to solve the demolishing of the walls, the boy dismisses the knowledge of the advisors. The boy tells the king of the two dragons. Vortigern excavates the hill, freeing the dragons. They continue their fight and the red dragon finally defeats the white dragon.

Ride Design

The love child of Diamondback, Intimidator and Apollo's Chariot, with a sprinkle of Silver Star, this ride combines the best of the B&M hypers, minus any trimming. At a colossal 6321ft, this ride would dominate the industry, and be the longest B&M ever made.

The idea of the theme came from looking at Patriot at World's Of Adventure. This is the welsh version of that! The landscape is based on beautiful lakes of Snowdonia, where the dragon was buried in the legend.

Download Notes

-You need Track Packager to open this ride.

-This ride was created using Newton 2

-Please download the cartextures and put them in the cartextures folder before riding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

All scenery objects were created by CrazyCoaster and a massive massive thanks goes to him for helping me out with that and the final layout!!

The front row may have the visuals, but check out the back for some mad airtime.

Also a thanks to Loefet and Ed for last minute testing!

ENJOY YOUR RIDE!! DOWNLOAD

[Try find the dragon egg ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the wait, the POV is now online.

Just a few notes though, The ride isn't finished in it, the download has more detail on the final turn. Also the off-ride of the train leaving the MCBR was taken after an E-stop so looks a little slow. And sorry for the broken-up video, the program I used only allowed for 30 second clips. Anyway I hope it gives a good impression of the ride.

I forgot to record sound too, so I added Devil's Spoke by Laura Marling, the song (and album) I listened to most when designing this ride.