TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Disney United States "Premier Passport" unveiled

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/disney-premier-passport-unveiled/

Breaking news…we just announced during Disney’s annual shareholders meeting that a new premium annual pass for admission to the parks at both Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort will be offered beginning Thursday. It’s called “Disney Premier Passport” and it’ll feature the same benefits you get with the “premium” annual passes for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts for $700, plus applicable- sales tax.

So, what’s in it for you? At Walt Disney World:

• Unlimited admission for a period of one year to all four Walt Disney World Theme Parks, including park hopping privileges
  • Unlimited admission to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach Water Parks
  • Unlimited admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (valid only on event days; some events require an additional admission charge) and Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (greens fee only. Tee time reservations are required and subject to availability)
  • Parking at all four Theme Parks
  • Subscription to Mickey Monitor, a collectible Passholder-only publication

And at Disneyland Resort:

• Unlimited admission to both Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure Parks for a period of one year, including park hopping privileges
  • Parking at any pay-on-entry parking lot
  • Subscription to Backstage Pass.
  • Complimentary subscription to Disney’s Family Fun Magazine (one per household)

If you’re already holding a Premium Annual Pass for both Resorts, you’ll automatically be issued a “Disney Premier Passport” – with an expiration date based on the later of the two annual passes. You may also upgrade your annual or seasonal pass for one resort to a “Disney Premier Passport” for an additional fee.

The Passport will be available for sale at the Disneyland Resort box office and Walt Disney World Guest Relations windows beginning tomorrow. So, sound interesting? Let us know what you think.

1858276103_Screenshot2010-03-10at12_14_42PM.jpg.8c3269533c5efc5bd66b1f9ea945e82c.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WDW Premium AP: $619 w/ waterparks, DQ and golf.

Disneyland Premium AP: $439

I suppose looked at this way its a "good deal" but certainly no bargain. Even going with lesser passes, a DL Deluxe AP with parking is $378 and a WDW Theme Park AP is $489 (without discounting). Gah! Makes the CP Platinum Pass look like a bargain, with chain-wide admission only $160. Six Flags is an absolute steal at roughly $60 for the same thing (plus parking).

We're headed to the World in a couple of weeks, and will likely resume DL APs some time before the end of the year. Our discounted WDW 6-day hopper was $279. Add the DL Deluxe AP, the total is $768, about the same as this new pass with tax! Go figure.

^ I don't see how potentially saving $358 over the cost of both a DL and WDW AP is "certainly no bargain". If they were charging $1000 and you were only saving $58 I would agree with you.

You can't compare this to the DL "Deluxe" pass you would have to compare it to the premium due to the parking and the discounts.

Let's not forget who this is catered to, the "Ultra Fan" and a good number of them already have passes to both. This is probably to convince more "Disneyland" fans to upgrade to this pass and make a yearly trip to WDW, because, let's face it, one 7-day trip to FL and this pass is already paid for (when you throw in multiple trips to Disneyland for us locals).

It will be interesting to see if this new pass has all of the food and especially the on-site WDW hotel discounts that the current WDW AP's have. But just throwing in parking for all parks AND the waterparks makes it a pretty good deal.

It will be interesting to see if this new pass has all of the food and especially the on-site WDW hotel discounts that the current WDW AP's have. But just throwing in parking for all parks AND the waterparks makes it a pretty good deal.

Why wouldn't it? The presser states: "It’ll feature the same benefits you get with the “premium” annual passes for Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts for $700."

As far as bargains go, that's in the eyes of the beholder. That has more to do with comparisons to other chains, not WDW / DL. Disney's in a league of its own.

As I showed in my own comparison, a DL pass and 6-day hopper come out about the same as this pass, without the additional benefits such as WDW parking.

It has me considering returning my unused 6-day ticket to Undercover Tourist, instead opting for one of these new passes for the parking and discounts. For the rest of the family I'm not so sure. Its a ton of money to invest all at once.

According to the info posted, it looks like I'm getting upgraded to this pass! Additional info on the website states that "Guests that currently hold any annual pass at both DLR and WDW (excluding Epcot After 4 and the Fl Res Dream Pass) will automatically be upgraded to the Premier Passport at no additional charge. "

I currently have non-premium WDW and DLR passes, so I'm actually really happy with this! The WDW water parks, etc. aren't included on my pass and I have some blackout dates and no free parking on my DLR, but with this new one I'll now have those perks. Hooray!

^It was discussed during this year's annual stockholder's meeting that the possibility of a worldwide annual pass was look into, but was found to be less of a deal for guests than it would have been worth. The response to the question on the topic stated that it would have been cheaper for people to get passes for each individual resort, and that the company's research on the topic yielded an understanding that very few people actually go to all of the resorts in a single year, let alone multiple times.

I wonder what Disney is hoping for with this pass?

I would guess that the majority of "Hardcore" Disney fans had no problem paying to visit the other resort before this pass was launched (especially with all the great ticket options like the no expiration days park-hopper), so I can only guess they are hoping this pass will convince people to increase their length of stay at the resorts.

It will interesting to see how this plays out.

^My guess is either the extended stay like you mentioned or DVC members. Convince them to go to Disneyland for a week and hit the new DVC in Hawaii while they are at it. Or it could be the other way around.

The part that bothers me going into the future is they will issues this automatically to people with passes on both coast. My question falls more into what if you are a local on one coast with a in state AP and choose to visit the other coaster every few years and get an AP? If they automatically gave you the AP for having both coast AP's every 3 years lets say, you would loose the renewal savings. I know in planning to move to FL, I would have a FL AP and go to Disneyland every 3 or years and get that AP. It was my only concern.

The part that bothers me going into the future is they will issues this automatically to people with passes on both coast. My question falls more into what if you are a local on one coast with a in state AP and choose to visit the other coaster every few years and get an AP? If they automatically gave you the AP for having both coast AP's every 3 years lets say, you would loose the renewal savings. I know in planning to move to FL, I would have a FL AP and go to Disneyland every 3 or years and get that AP. It was my only concern.

Is there a question or statement in this poorly written post?

Are you assuming that your "Premier Passport" will be automatically renewed each year? If that is your belief, why would you make that assumption?

Edited by larrygator

^My fault for the poorly worded question. It would be more of, what if you don't want the auto upgrade to Platinum instead of 2 passes that they are doing right now? As in if you are a residential AP holder in FL, but get one in at Disneyland every 3-4 years when you visit there. If they did upgrade you, would you loose the renewal discount rate on the FL pass whenever you decided you did not want the DL pass the next year?

If they did upgrade you, would you loose the renewal discount rate on the FL pass whenever you decided you did not want the DL pass the next year?

Well that would be a valid question, if you replaced the word "loose" with "lose". A question better answered by Disney than by speculation. If someone in this situation finds out a answer from Disney, let us know.

Edited by larrygator

^ouch, Moderator being abused by another Moderator.

Yes, I forgot who bought who. As I work in advertising I still think of ABC as the larger entity, even though it is the Walt Disney Company.

Edited by larrygator

I also could have easily justified this at one time, in fact I held passes to both park US parks for a couple of years. But nowadays, for $2100 (the cost of three of these passes for Robb, KT, and I) I can buy a crapload of non-expiring park hoppers with fun options at WDW and the occaisional visit to DLR.

Well, that was fast. My pass arrived in the mail today! I still have to activate it at one of the parks, which just so happens to be later this week.

It's kind of sad that the thing I'm looking forward to the most with this pass is going to Disney Quest. I've never been there!!

disneypass.jpg.cd0cd672c5210e223ab29e25c95c4d9f.jpg

I would get one if I was able to fly for free and had places to stay... I live near Disneyland so that wouldn't cost anything big to get there... but to disneyworld I would have to fly and that would cost a few hundred.

Why is disneyworld so far away?

They should all the cards GOLD.