TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Erik & Smisty's Florida Oddventures

While this place looks horribly ghetto, it's extremely intriguing and mesmerizing. I can't seem to take my eyes off it. It's like half mall, half yard sale, half museum, and half carnival. And yes, I know four halves equals two, which is exactly what makes this place so messed up! Just so much randomness, i'm not even going to try and explain myself. Great report guys!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Y'know, at first, going to Uncle Bernie's one weekend was sort of a joke among my friends... but after seeing that Delorean, I feel like making the trek, if only to save the poor thing from certain death.

Where the hell is this death trap?

Fort Lauderdale, about 10 minutes or so from (what I hear is) one of the best coasters in Florida, the Dania Beach Hurricane. One of my goals before I graduate from school down here is to have both the DBH and Abandon Mine experience in the same day, so I can judge for myself which one is better (in the interest of fairness). It's a close race, though, I'm sure.

Great report - and the references to my favourite-Bond-film-with-my-least-favourite-Bond-theme were the icing on a very seedy cake.

Worse than License To Kill?

Have to ask, how much was it to get into the park/drive-in/museum (Oh right, it's FREE)/mall?

$2.00 to park, pay-per-ride (or unlimited ride-all-day wristband for $18.00), everything else is free to get into.

Sidenote, sweet zombie Jesus, is this not THE best amusement theme park site you've ever witnessed? http://www.unclebernies.com/

/ "We are open all holidays and spring and summer brakes"

Yes! The awfulness of the website is why we didn't go on our first trip down to that area. Only when Jakizle posted photos right after that did we even realize it was open!

And the best part is, if you call the number listed, it just goes to some poor random chick's voicemail!

wow ! It has been about 9 years since I have been to this fantasmical amazement park, and I am really suprised with all the upgraded theming and "new" rides they have put in. Does anyone know what new ride may be in store for this year, and will it be open this coming late April? I was planning a long weekend at Universal with friends coming in from Ohio, but I may change those plans after seeing this report. I am sure this would make a trip of a lifetime for them. Something they would remember and cherish for years.

Great report - and the references to my favourite-Bond-film-with-my-least-favourite-Bond-theme were the icing on a very seedy cake.

Worse than License To Kill?

Definitely! I actually love License to KIll, but it may be a guilty pleasure more than anything. I also think All-Time High from Octopussy deserves a mention for 'poor Bond themes'.

Back to the scheduled topic...

Wow, this park has such an amazing site I might just participate in their "Rewars Program"! Seriously though, the theming and station for the coaster cracks me up! What a quality park. And a Ferrari museum at a flea market?!? WTF?!? The flea market actually looks halfway decent if you're into that kind of thing. Amazing TR!

I LOVE Uncle Bernie's!!!! Sad that every time I end up there, I don't have a cam. I totally need to get there and do a PTR!

Hey Karl, we should do a video here! LOL

Thanks for sharing guys!

And to think, the place used to have a free circus in there too.....as in elephants, tigers, trapeze acts, the whole nine yards.

I'm sure any longtime South Floridian can remember the term "Free Circus!!" from the countless commercials they used to run.

Located in the Channelside Bay Plaza shopping center in Tampa, is Splitsville--part restaurant, part bowling alley, and home to....

The World's Largest Bowling Pin

P3188269.jpg.1e8e10b5142caa07f3ac51fb37c7b925.jpg

Allegedly.