TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Great Wolf Lode Kings Island PTR

So this weekend me and my cousin Mitchell went to Great Wolf Lodge at Kings Island, his dad (and his girl friend) took us. At about 1PM. we drove over to Mitchell's dad's house. Once we got there, we had to pick up his girl friend which lives about 30 minutes away. We ate at Subway which I do not like. We were on our way, and arrived at 3PM. Once we got to GWL our room wasn't ready so we had to carry our stuff to the water park. I changed in the locker rooms and than went to Alberta Falls (the bowl slide.) This visit was rather busy so the lines were long. Through out the day I rode the blue launched slide 3 times, the big tube slide twice, and the other slides a few times. I really don't remember most the slides names but we rode all of them. Around 7PM. we went to Skyline and had dinner. We got back at 8PM. and I went back to the water park. We only got to ride two or three slides before the park closed at 10. Me and Mitchell ran around the hotel til' about 2AM. than we went to sleep. I woke up a little after 9AM. but no one else woke up til' after 10AM. Once we were all awake, we went to the breakfast buffet. Than we went to the water park until 2PM. than we headed home. On the way home we stopped at Quakers Steak & Lube.

Part of GWL

Skyline Chili by KI

I usually get a 3-way but I decided to get a burrito this time.

It was really good.

Just a random photo at Skyline.

Another random photo.

The check in/out desk.

Every so often a weird show comes on here.

In the Lobby is this fireplace.

Another overview.

There is a random weasel up here, I think it may be part of Magi-Quest.

Some of the hall ways have themes, this ones is Whispery Woods.

Theming in the Lobby.

Triple Twist advertisement.

Closed water park

Neat photo of the lamps in the hall ways

This is our view out the balcony

Another view.

Theres Firehawk!

More in just a second...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 2:

Top Gun and Son of Beast

Top Gun

Vortex

Aerial view of Kings Island

Beast

Son of Beast

Diamondback

Flying Ace's Aerial Chase

DROP ZONE

Stunt Tower

Face/Off

My breakfast

A random spill...?

Raccoon Lagoon & Kings Island

Triple Spin Construction

Some of the water park

Honestly, that yellow slide is my second favorite here. Yes it's supposed to be a kiddie slide but I got some amazing lateral G's.

Leaving Great Wolf Lodge we got a neat view of Kings Island

Only 47 more days til' it opens!

Kings Island trying to peak over the trees

GWL from Kings Island drive.

Kings Island skyline

Bye Kings Island, see you again soon!

Wow a Sonic!

On our way home we stopped at Quakers Steak & Lube.

I don't even like Wings but these were amazing!

Thanks for reading this very boring un-indebted trip report, I'm really tired and don't feel like writing a good one. Sorry!

I must say, Ohio is really becoming the new upcoming place for awesome water parks. First it was Wisconsin, specifically Wisconsin Dells, with Kalahari, Great Wolf, Wilderness, Mt. Olympus, and Chula Vista. Now its Sandusky, with all theirs (Especially Kalahari) and Cincy with Coco Key and Great Wolf! The new slide looks incredible!

I was just there a month ago and saw no sign of any new construction, I must be blind or they are really fast. Looks like you stayed in the same wing I did, your view of Kings Island (in the first pictures) was just like mine only I think I was up a floor of two above you.

So how did you food and drink taste after you spent the day at the water park.

It took me 2 days to get the chemicals out of my system so things tasted right again.

It took me 2 days to get the chemicals out of my system so things tasted right again.

I was at the Great Wolf in Williamsburg this past weekend and the chemicals were horrible. I couldn't even be in the water park for more than an hour without my eyes burning and watering.

The lobby looks identical to Williamsburg. In Williamsburg a winter theme going on in the lobby with lighted snowflakes and snow machines. I was impressed with the food at the lodge, your looks pretty good also.

I was at the Great Wolf in Williamsburg this past weekend and the chemicals were horrible. I couldn't even be in the water park for more than an hour without my eyes burning and watering.

The lobby looks identical to Williamsburg. In Williamsburg a winter theme going on in the lobby with lighted snowflakes and snow machines. I was impressed with the food at the lodge, your looks pretty good also.

The chemicals weren't too bad at this GWL, but the one in Sandusky had some strong ones.

I was just there a month ago and saw no sign of any new construction, I must be blind or they are really fast. Looks like you stayed in the same wing I did, your view of Kings Island (in the first pictures) was just like mine only I think I was up a floor of two above you.

Yeah when we walked in we were like "Where the hell is Triple Spin...?" It turns out they removed most of one of the four slides on the lower slide complex (the yellow-orange one.) Some of it is still here, but alot of the pieces got removed, and replaced with funnels. They do have all three funnels up, but they aren't done painting over the yellow. And also they have to add the LED lights I think. I stayed on the fourth floor (very top) so you couldn't of been above us, unless there is secret pent houses, lol.

I must say, Ohio is really becoming the new upcoming place for awesome water parks. First it was Wisconsin, specifically Wisconsin Dells, with Kalahari, Great Wolf, Wilderness, Mt. Olympus, and Chula Vista. Now its Sandusky, with all theirs (Especially Kalahari) and Cincy with Coco Key and Great Wolf! The new slide looks incredible!

Yeah I've noticed that too. I really want to go to the Dells some time and go to a few of the water parks (mainly just Noah's Ark) and ride all the coasters. Isn't Coco Key just the water parks inside some Holiday Inns? Because on my way to Indiana Beach we pass an indoor water park connected to a Holiday Inn and I think it's a Coco Key also.

Ugh, no new paint job for Flght Deck this season (so far)...sighs.

Yep, on KI's 5@5 on Facebook I asked them if they would be painting Top Gun any time soon and they said "We are not painting Flight Deck this off season. We go in a pattern on painting rides, and Flight Deck's has yet to come." I think they skipped TG a few times...