TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mastersax' Six Flags Magic Mountain [RCT2]

Which name do you prefer for the Mining/Boom Town area of the park?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you prefer for the Mining/Boom Town area of the park?

• Snakebite Breach
    • Snakebite Ridge
    • Crack-Axle Canyon

Thanks for the comments, guys!

Stoksy and nln00b-Yes it is Batman!It is not an exact recreation, because I was too lazy to look up pictures, but I like my altered version and it's station flyby(whoops)!

dmaxsba- Thanks, but to be honest, I really don't know how to put the Thomas trains in the scenarios' rides list, as I don't have 8cars( I don't know if that affects anything), and I was actually planning on doing Looney Tunes Town or something along those lines. The next screens will definitely be full screens( after this update ). Thanks again for the kind words

TheScooterGuy- I don't think any problems will occur, but I will back it up just in case

jjune4991- More tweaks!

New Building 1.bmp

What do you guys think? I'm trying to make every building unique, and I don't really have a good selection of scenery so this is the result.

Solstice Teaser.bmp

A teaser for the new ride on Mount Sifu...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TheScooterGuy- Actually there's a question that I've been meaning to ask you guys, the flying type coaster is not included in the scenario, so I'm not sure what to do. I've already got an Inverted(Batman), so I was thinking of building a CCI Woodie in the mountain. Sound good? Oh, and Orient Express has been given a generic theme to match that of Revolution Plaza.

dmaxsba2408- Thanks, I actually wasn't sure how many people would get what I was doing with that building. I always snoop around NE(where I first discovered that type of building), but just haven't gotten around to joining yet.

Here's the next update, guys. Six Flags has worked together with Custom Coasters International to bring us...

Rockslide Runner Full Screen 1.bmp

Rock Slide Runner!!!

If your wanting to add the flying B&M coaster to the park it is easy to do. You just need to get the ParkDat utility and you can add and remove anything you want whenever you want. It is available on page 9 in the RCT Help thread.

The DAT name is "BMAIR".

Yeah if you're wanting to add in more B&M's like the Flyers and Diving coasters than al the dat names start with BM and just end with whatever type of coaster it is, pretty self explanatory once you find them.

Cool to see that you added a terrain based woodie, I had been thinking of doing the same with my SFMM but more of an RCCA type deal, something somewhat reminiscent of Rattler or Magnus Colossus. (In the end I figured that two huge woodies were enough for one park, though I may eventually add in a GCII)

One thing on the CCI screen, please improve the foliage! The main advice I have to tell you here is too create foliage, not filler. Yes, I understand that the primary purpose here is to cover up the mountainside, but to create the best atmosphere possible, create a style of foliage that will be both be clean and look natural. I'm not telling you to spend hours trying to perfect each little bit added, but just spend a bit of time trying out different techniques and styles with it. If you look at many of my projects shown from my SFMM to my most recent release, the foliage always looks very similar, though each park has it's own mix. I've created a certain style that looks good and blends well into each park I use it in.

Now, moving on to the Samur- er, Mount Sifu screens...

At first they look really good, it seems that you're really like the pagoda style archy as it appears that you've spent a good bit on the archy. Though maybe look at real life examples a bit more? Do more research to try and capture the details that the real life counterparts have. For examples, your buildings are using many wooden textures when in reality this doesn't happen. It's more window based, so those stereotypical Asian-styled windows/walls you always see in movies and pics and such? Yeah, they'd do wonders here rather than what those blank walls are doing. For a bit of rct reference, maybe look at my Samurai Summit mini park that I posted here?

Al in all it's looking pretty good, though it does seem to be lacking the SF atmosphere with every update. Remember that if you're really staying true to the original concept that this is still a Six Flags park, so try to keep the atmosphere of one stay. Also, if you ever need help with this than let me know haha, I may be able to whip something up for it!

• 2 months later...

Well!

I've been slowly drifting away from RCT2, so I played for a while, just making improvements around the park, including the foliage^^. Here are a few pictures of Rock Slide Runner's station, with re-vamped foliage and a little bit of tweaking to the station building. Thank you for your advice and kind words, and enjoy!

Rock Slide Runner 1.bmp

Rock Slide Runner 2.bmp

Edited by Mastersax68

Thanks you guys! I suppose you could call it a fantasy SFMM... I'm adding in some classic SF areas like Gotham city, but making up my own, too.

Entrance/ Revolution Plaza- 75%

Mount Sifu- 60%

Adventure Avenue- 60%

Looney Toons Town- 0%

Gotham City- 50%

???- 35%

???- 0%

Construction has been under way at Revolution Plaza, as well as in Gotham City. 2 restaurants have been constructed in Gotham City, and much foliage has been added to the entrance area of the park. A new coaster has been put in as well...

Revolution Plaza Update.bmp

A few pic-i-nic areas have been added, and plants planted around the upper buildings.

Penguin Club.bmp

The Penguin Club is a new addition to Gotham City.

Premier Restaurant.bmp

Premier is a 4 star restaurant located across from Batman: The Ride.

Arrow Teaser.bmp

And of course that new coaster...

Thank you both for your replies! I f anybody can think of a name for the area that the new Arrow is in, that would be great. So far, I have Snakebite Mountain, but I really don't want 2 mountain themed sections in my park. Anything that fits this line could work, "Snakebite _______". Thanks guys!

Thank you both for your replies! I f anybody can think of a name for the area that the new Arrow is in, that would be great. So far, I have Snakebite Mountain, but I really don't want 2 mountain themed sections in my park. Anything that fits this line could work, "Snakebite _______". Thanks guys!

Snakebite Point