TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Mastersax' Six Flags Magic Mountain [RCT2]

Which name do you prefer for the Mining/Boom Town area of the park?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which name do you prefer for the Mining/Boom Town area of the park?

• Snakebite Breach
    • Snakebite Ridge
    • Crack-Axle Canyon

Hello there again, TPR.

A few days ago, I opened up the Six Flags Great Adventure scenario to try to rebuild it as nin's done to Magic Mountain. Shortly after, I failed the park's objective, and was forced to abandon that park with no source of income. I then moved on to the Magic Mountain scenario instead. Like nin, I will be refurbishing many rides, taking out many rides, and adding many rides. I started at Revolution, and all I have completely done is this little plaza that I call Revolution Plaza. Enjoy!!

Revolution Plaza- Unfinished.bmp

The surrounding areas are still very unfinished.

Edited by Mastersax68

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what you have done with the small area you have worked on so far, however someone posted in another thread about wooden coaster tracks not looking right when they sit on the ground and the person needed to lower the ground in that area or raise the coaster. I feel the same way about that low curve on Revolution. Ether find a way to adjust the track up 5ft or lower the land down 5ft in order for the supports to show up. I have found by just lowering the edge of the land and sloping it inward will allow the supports to show up and get rid of the track on the ground look. Basicly leaving the edges of the area where they are hight wise and lowering everything in the center down 5ft.

^^I have never understood this mentality. There are several coasters in this world that actually do sit directly on the ground, usually just having a single footer attached directly to the track spine. This is just one of the many restrictions between real-life and RCT. I personally have no problem with seeing track on the ground. In fact, in some cases, the rides look better without supports than with the in-game generated supports.

Anyways, I think this project is looking pretty good so far, and I'm interested in what deviations you take away from the park.

Pufferfish, I totally agree with you on that many coaster sit only on footers, basically being on the ground, that is the look I was going for when I made the suggestion. Unfortunately in RCT the footers are low to the ground and when the track is only 5 game feet off the ground it puts in a footer and a small support. If this was a custom supported track the footer is all you would see but since it's a non custom senery park it was the best idea I could come up with to keep the track from looking like it is sitting right on the grass with not even a footer under it. Sorry my comment came off the wrong way.

Actaully, I think there's one more thing you could fix here. After that turn-around, where the track is going diagnol, I noticed that you made the track go up 5 ft, causing it to straighten out then go back into the turn. In real life that manuever would probably be fatal, so if your're going for realism I think this will really help: delete all the flat part of the turnaround and instead of making it wide and going up when its diagnol, make a half of a helix going up, then make the diagnol part but now it will already be raised 5ft so you wouldnt have to put that jerky section and it will flow smoothly.... but that's just my suggestion.

Glad you liked my park!

A littletip, try not to use many textures when making your buildings, and try to create more of "blended" look. Sometimes where using those fences for texture they stick out and look exactly what they are: fences on walls. Buildings takes a bit to make look right with ncso, sometimes even requiring a bit of 8cars magic to do the trick. Just toy around with stuff and try to get a look you really like and have fun doing so!

Overall a pretty nice start, I'll definitely be watching this one!

Thank you both for the comments, I was iffy about the way the station turned out, so it's nice to hear some positive thoughts towards it. the ghost, I set a few goals at the beginning of this project, and one of my main ones was to make sure Ninja looked and moved like a Ninja, which in my mind, means that it has to be fast and close to the ground. Keep those comments coming, each one is carefully considered and much appreciated!

Very nice work. Ninja looks great and I am happy you kept the terrain feel of the ride.

Agreed, those cars swinging out on that curve look perfect! Very nice tree placement also.

Meant to ask you the other day if you were planning on putting in Thomas Town because if you are I have a Thomas The Tank Engine locomotive set (mini railroad) that would look so nice in your park. Been meaning to ask nin if he wants it also for his Six Flags but I just keep forgetting, so nin if you see this and want it I will put it up for you also. For that matter if anyone wants it just say so and I will put it up for download.

1983602154_ThomasTheTankEngine.JPG.070061209943a5589291a8210f80b766.JPG

Thomas comes in both covered and un-covered wagon models.

^ I agree, though I have to say and have been meaning to say it in many other threads. Please don't take it too personally but these TINY screenshots are getting to be annoying. I by no means want you to give up all your surprises but this tiny teasers by you and others are just... I don't know how to put it without being a jerk so I won't.

The little picture does look nice though.

On a side note, you mentioned that you want to keep this park NCS and there for do not want to use custom rides. I really don't think using custom rides affects that decision. Rides are not scenery. Any type of ride that fits an area you plan on recreating should really be considered as not scenery but part of the park itself. It's an apples and oranges hind of thing. It would be like making a recreation of Port Aventura and using an "X" train for the Furius Baco instead of the JA's version of the real thing. Just my opinion though. Given what we have seen so far your park is going to amazing either way.

Looking forward to your next update!

If you want a furious baco without custom rides just use the multi dimension cars and build your coaster backwards and set the operation mode to what u use for boomerang and set chain speed to the speed u need as launch with a part of chain track as your launch, the result will be that the cars go the right way for a furious baco...

^

4. Do NOT use "internet shorthand" - Use the proper and complete spelling of words. Do not shorten "you" to "u", etc. You're not messaging on a cell phone, you're typing on a computer. You have a full sized keyboard in front of you - USE IT!

You've been here too long to not know this rule.

^
4. Do NOT use "internet shorthand" - Use the proper and complete spelling of words. Do not shorten "you" to "u", etc. You're not messaging on a cell phone, you're typing on a computer. You have a full sized keyboard in front of you - USE IT!

You've been here too long to not know this rule.

Is this regarding my post? because I didn't use any abbreviations and explained it pretty well how to make an intamin wing rider with custom rides...