Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

I'll be visiting this park this summer. Is the flash pass available to use on your phone? Also can you get your skip the lines on your phone too? This would eliminate going to the flash pass office. My home park Magic Mountain has this and it works great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, but if you want to use the Flash Pass or line skips on El Toro, Kingda Ka, Jersey Devil or Joker you'll need to go to the Flash Pass building and get a wristband since you can't have your phone at those rides.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Yes, but if you want to use the Flash Pass or line skips on El Toro, Kingda Ka, Jersey Devil or Joker you'll need to go to the Flash Pass building and get a wristband since you can't have your phone at those rides.

Ugh, that's not surprising but so stupid. Is there any kind of way to skip the ridiculous Flash Pass line if you buy in advance? We're thinking about going next month and I never want to wait in that line again. Last summer it took us like 90 mins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most times they have people in front of the Flash Pass booth handing out the bands and it takes no time at all, but it’s also Six Flags and policies are subject to change on a dime to something entirely nonsensical and then change again every 3 days all season.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Park was dead Sunday, station wait for pretty much everything all day. Zumanjaro was closed and they said it hasn't opened this year yet but would open soon, anyone know what the problem was? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2022 at 8:22 PM, Chasehat said:

^Im pretty sure it’s been waiting on a part from Intamin. Hasn’t it been closed since late last season?

Waiting on parts from Intamin seems to be all the rage right now... 🙄

It's insane how slow their process is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, CedarFlags said:

Waiting on parts from Intamin seems to be all the rage right now... 🙄

It's insane how slow their process is.

I blame parks for not stocking common issue parts and are prly slow to order them to fit within certain budgets 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

During the ACE event in Florida earlier this year a tech on Cheetah Hunt was quick to name Intamin as the worst company for parts right now. He said they are running at about 22 months for most things.  Didn't seem to be exaggerating or making it up. They try and keep everything they need on hand but sometimes sht happens. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Skull Mountain looks like crap this year. The curtain is pulled back so it's not even dark in there, there's no music, they forgot to plug in any of the theming that they bought at Spirit Halloween on 11/1 for 50% off. It's like they don't even care.

I'm glad this is a thing. Bring this ride back to it's typical brilliance, please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a decent few days at the park this past Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning.  Monday was rainy, but the park was beyond dead, which resulted in walk-ons for everything.  Jersey Devil during a downpour was interesting, and I'll take a front row zen ride on Toro any day of the week.  Tuesday's weather was better, and the crowds weren't bad at all.  We were able to do everything, and then some, and the only major rides closed that I noticed during all of those days were Batman and Zumanjaro still.  Zumanjaro being down still was a bummer, but such is life and more reason to go back.  Yesterday morning only consisted of 9 straight rides on El Toro before making the trek back western PA lol. Glad to finally get back to this park after 14 years though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

I don't think a park known for its haunted house incident should use the tag #FIREAF

Let's be honest here....I would be very surprised anyone in the park's social media office is over the age of 25.  Those born 25 years ago were born in 1997, almost 15 years after the fire, so by the time they get to an age to be cognizant to things like that, that's 25-30 years since the fire.  Anyone that worked there when it happened, even big shots, have most likely retired by now.  It's not a bright spot in the history of the park, so why would it be mentioned to new hires?*

Nobody knows about it except park enthusiasts and "boomers" who were local to the area when it happened, which is sad...but a reasonable expectation.

*I worked there from 1998-2003, and no one ever officially told me about the haunted house fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Let's be honest here....I would be very surprised anyone in the park's social media office is over the age of 25.  Those born 25 years ago were born in 1997, almost 15 years after the fire, so by the time they get to an age to be cognizant to things like that, that's 25-30 years since the fire.  Anyone that worked there when it happened, even big shots, have most likely retired by now.  It's not a bright spot in the history of the park, so why would it be mentioned to new hires?*

Nobody knows about it except park enthusiasts and "boomers" who were local to the area when it happened, which is sad...but a reasonable expectation.

*I worked there from 1998-2003, and no one ever officially told me about the haunted house fire.

I personally only know because my parents told me about it.

Still a (darkly) funny coincidence though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering going to the park tomorrow but I see that on the parks website El Toro is listed as temporarily closed, and Nitro is listed as closed. Anyone have some info on why this is/if they would be closed tomorrow? Its a bit of a drive for me and I honestly don't want to drive down here if they will be closed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2022 at 11:08 AM, Connor Hartman said:

Anyone have some info on why this is/if they would be closed tomorrow?

It's because they done gone broke, Connor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/