Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, coasterbill said:

Well if a games attendant said 2-3 weeks then I suggest we all book flights and hotels for July 22nd.

Just trying to be helpful since I was at the park today. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about. An employee is an employee & they’ll know more than the GP for sure. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, mtavenger55 said:

Just trying to be helpful since I was at the park today. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about. An employee is an employee & they’ll know more than the GP for sure. 

Having worked at the park myself for 6 summers, this is absolutely false.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mtavenger55 said:

Just trying to be helpful since I was at the park today. The guy seemed to know what he was talking about. An employee is an employee & they’ll know more than the GP for sure. 

Dr Evil Lol GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I guess we’ll gave to wait & see. Hopefully sooner rather than later. It’s a shame because today I got on Kingda Ka twice in a row without getting off. It would’ve been nice to do that on El Toro. Not sure if I’ll get back to the park this year or not. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi longtime lurker first time poster, was thinking of going to the park tomorrow, haven’t been in maybe 10 years or so and I know it’s Fourth of July weekend. Stupid idea? It’s supposed to be rainy all day so idk if that would help with crowds 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Basicbatch said:

Hi longtime lurker first time poster, was thinking of going to the park tomorrow, haven’t been in maybe 10 years or so and I know it’s Fourth of July weekend. Stupid idea? It’s supposed to be rainy all day so idk if that would help with crowds 

Are you going to invest in a Flash Pass? If yes go, if not don't. The rain forecast is typical summer scattered storms, and that won't deter the crowd unless the day is a clear persistent washout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wildcattb5 said:

Are you going to invest in a Flash Pass? If yes go, if not don't. The rain forecast is typical summer scattered storms, and that won't deter the crowd unless the day is a clear persistent washout.

I don’t have a problem springing for a flash pass, as long as the rides are mostly open and don’t close easily because of the rain. How does it work? Like I said it’s been a while and when we went to universal it was all on our phones. I googled pics and the six flags ones look like tamagatchis from the 90’s lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The park won't close rides (except Kingda Ka) due to rain. Only if there is low attendance and it is raining.
I haven't gotten Flash Pass at this park in years so can't comment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Basicbatch said:

I don’t have a problem springing for a flash pass, as long as the rides are mostly open and don’t close easily because of the rain. How does it work? Like I said it’s been a while and when we went to universal it was all on our phones. I googled pics and the six flags ones look like tamagatchis from the 90’s lol

Does the FP website not work here?  And if it does, what do they do at El Toro, etc that don't allow phones?

https://ga.sfflashpass.com/#

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Basicbatch said:

Didn’t know there was an app! Good to know, also was wondering about the rides that require lockers

Dont worry about lockers.  Purchase a runners belt.   I store  my cc, keys, and phone in it.   Never a issue.  And don't  have to wait in the 30 person  line just for lockers.   SFNJ dont use metal detectors  at the ride entrances 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lightnin Loops said:

Dont worry about lockers.  Purchase a runners belt.   I store  my cc, keys, and phone in it.   Never a issue.  And don't  have to wait in the 30 person  line just for lockers.   SFNJ dont use metal detectors  at the ride entrances 

^ My experience is that will NOT WORK. They have ride ops and security at the entry to those rides. These guys have X-Ray vision and will catch you. No metal detectors, as they don't need it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, coasternut said:

^ My experience is that will NOT WORK. They have ride ops and security at the entry to those rides. These guys have X-Ray vision and will catch you. No metal detectors, as they don't need it.

Well for me, its been working  since SFNJ  added these draconian  locker  policy.   And i  dont need to wait in a 30 deep locker line.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Current Toro status 

8BBB5701-7B31-4E77-8A74-2D6DCFF85FB4.jpeg

3B27F143-1E81-4100-B488-CEF51F24C862.jpeg

Also just raced a Ka train on Zum and what an upgrade that is.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, the racing thing is insane!  Hopefully this is good news for Toro and they're inspecting and working on it and it's not just closed off and ignored the rest of the season. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Park is packed today, we’re actually leaving it’s so crowded. Did finally manage a back seat ride on JDC, my first raptor… fantastic! 

8AA2E2CC-76D8-48E1-9297-7A1C5C03B83C.jpeg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, boldikus said:

Park is packed today, we’re actually leaving it’s so crowded. Did finally manage a back seat ride on JDC, my first raptor… fantastic! 

8AA2E2CC-76D8-48E1-9297-7A1C5C03B83C.jpeg

How long did you wait for JDC??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad I decided to skip stopping by on the way back from my folks' house.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Superbatboy said:

How long did you wait for JDC??

Prob 30ish minutes, which included a 5-10 minute breakdown. The line never stops moving. For all the whining about capacity w/ these raptors, the crew had all four trains on and were absolutely chewing through the line.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are headed to SFGA in a couple of weeks and had a quick question about Gold vs. Platinum Flash Pass.  I know how they work, and the time differences, but how are the merge points there?  I've been to some parks where the merge point was very close to the loading area so it was virtually walk ons all day.  I've also been to some parks that the merge points were further back and it would still take 20-30 minutes, so the platinum didn't really make a difference since you could just reserve the next ride after the merge and 20-30 minutes later your gold pass ride would be ready.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jray21 said:

  I've been to some parks where the merge point was very close to the loading area so it was virtually walk ons all day.  I've also been to some parks that the merge points were further back and it would still take 20-30 minutes, so the platinum didn't really make a difference since you could just reserve the next ride after the merge and 20-30 minutes later your gold pass ride would be ready.  

Many of the coasters the merge Points are all in different points in the queue.
Most of the merge points on coasters lead mostly into the station, or stairs before the station.
Joker's is my least favorite because you still have to wait 20 minutes because they merge you at the split point.
But most of them are walk on or station wait, If you want to do JDC and Wonder women and skip that line I would recommend Platinum but JDC line moves quick and Wonder women I use my member Skip the line on it. (JDC has no Skip the line rn)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/