TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I think this entire coaster was built from the ground up in the time that Iron Gwazi has been SBNO LOL.

• Haha 2

I am ready! 
Not for the traffic, oven that is this park, and all the unpleasantness that comes w it BUT tis the price of SFGAdv and well....I wanna ride this thing. My brother has the membership he said he can bring me for free so I reeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaalllly hope he's off from work one of these days so I can go asap and not on Sunday lol but yeah great news and hoping this ride will be a bigger version of the single rails and not a less intense version :(

LOL yeah....Sea World had 3 coasters testing, I believe w people at least in some cases, before this thing was done and it somehow opened first ha

Does anyone know if Jersey Devil will be on Flashpass (even if it's a one time reservation type thing)? Or if not can you use your Platinum skip the line pass? Staying near the park Sat Night so I can be there at opening and get one ride first thing, just trying to figure out if multiple rides is a feasible idea. If not, hopefully at least the crowds get pulled away from El Toro anyway.

if they follow what other SF parks do?   the new ride will be a 1 time ride on Platinum Level Flash Pass.

Early reports are very positive! Looks like another hit on our hands! Based on some vlog videos on Youtube, it looks like the park did a pretty killer job with the surrounding landscaping, too!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

Early reports are very positive!

Funny cause all I'm seeing is whiny bitches crying about how its slow, forceless, no whip, no airtime, no themeing, crawls through the bunny hops, was broke all day long and is absolutely the weakest RMC built so far.

haha.gif.8b3d8ec1255b2af92149906b4761c618.gif

• Haha 1

^^ Wow say what you really feel.

I mean I saw one scathing review, but I saw about four vlogs that were really great!

Generally, from these early reviews, it sounds like this ride will be a lot more popular for the general public. I mean yes, I'm sure we all would've loved an ultra-intense coaster like Wonder Woman and Railblazer, but as we saw with both Stunt Pilot and now this, it looks like RMC has made changes in the design of the raptors to make them more enjoyable for a wider audience. 

10 hours ago, boldikus said:

Funny cause all I'm seeing is whiny bitches crying about how its slow, forceless, no whip, no airtime, no themeing, crawls through the bunny hops, was broke all day long and is absolutely the weakest RMC built so far.

I can't remember which Youtube vlog I was watching yesterday, but the guy was completely dogging on it, absolutely mercilessly, and at the end of his review he says something to the effect of "well, even the worst RMC is still better than 90% of the rest of the coasters out there".

So horrible, and yet still in the top 10% of coasters he's been on. Is that what the kids are calling cognitive dissonance?

FWIW, it's not my favorite RMC by a long shot, but it's still a fun as hell ride, and one I'm glad that the park finally has. Oh, and my opinion is null and void because according to my daughter it's the new best ride in the park so what the hell does an old boomer like me know anyway. 🤣

16 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

Early reports are very positive! Looks like another hit on our hands! Based on some vlog videos on Youtube, it looks like the park did a pretty killer job with the surrounding landscaping, too!

Im hearing best new ride of 2021.  

12 hours ago, boldikus said:

haha.gif.8b3d8ec1255b2af92149906b4761c618.gif

No reason  to attack people  for not liking a coaster  that you like.  People  can have different  opinions

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lightnin Loops said:

No reason  to attack people  for not liking a coaster  that you like.  People  can have different  opinions

But this is the internet, that's what ya do! If you don't OTT attack people for simply having a different opinion it's like you aren't validated in your own or something! What are people who struggle to tolerate other opinions/lacking confidence supposed to do then? Get a life!?!?

That said pretty funny that anyone would bash on the ride than later say oh well still better than 90% but typical enthusiast shit lmao I am more and more glad I stopped following the community and just experience things myself. Esp considering anyone posting their opinion on YT/online kinda has to ham it up to get attention etc 

I'm stoked for an RMC less than an hour away! Bc yeah even the weakest one, which somehow I doubt this is, indeed its better than most and this is the first good ride and unique ride this park has added in ages. Like how it used to be in the day. Tempted to go tomm but a Friday oof...nah may wait till next week to go on a Tuesday or something. 

The weather is supposed to be a little spotty tomorrow with chance of showers around 30 after 11AM. It may be enough to keep a little bit of the crowds away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michaellynn4 said:

The weather is supposed to be a little spotty tomorrow with chance of showers around 30 after 11AM. It may be enough to keep a little bit of the crowds away.

Damn it dont you tempt me lol 

• Like 1

Alright, I'm late to the party for the traffic photo, but here goes.  I grew up ten miles east of the park and had a season pass nearly every year of my life up until I moved away.  Being a local I knew to avoid the park on weekends and holidays but even then I never heard about 537 getting that horrific.  They had some traffic concerns that were remedied, IIRC, back around the millennium and Premier's heyday.  537 used to be one lane both directions (I believe two lanes right by the entrance for like 100 yards) but they widened it to the three lanes, added the Wawa, Burger King, McDonalds, added those two U-turns, and it definitely helped smooth things along.  I've never seen gridlock on that road.  Not once.  I've gone into the entrance and been stuck on the overpass in traffic to get to the parking booth, but holy friggin crap, that's just obscene.  Who in their right mind would still willingly go to the park when they saw that at the entrance?!  That's a crystal clear sign that the day will be hell on earth.  Just turn around, get back on the highway, and go to the beach. It's fifteen miles away.

• Like 1

It gets like that sometimes, always has. I grew up right down the street from the park, just off of 537 in Millstone (2.2 miles to the entrance, just measured it), and worked at that McDonald's from 2000 to 2010. There were plenty of times when 537 was a parking lot like that and caused traffic to back up all throughout the surrounding side roads. made for many nightmare-level crazy shifts at the restaurant lol.

It's nothing new, too - anyone seen the photos from the Marshall Tucker Band concert back in 1981? It still holds the attendance record for the park. The park ran out of parking, and people just parked their cars on 537 and walked to the park. Here are a couple photos, you can find more at Great Adventure History:

GAH MAY81 30010 copy.jpg

GAH MAY81 30021 copy.jpg

GAH MAY81 30024 copy.jpg

SFGA0328A MAY81 (2) copy.jpg

• Confused 1

Jackson Township is decidedly Central Jersey, thank you very much.  And the 80s were a weird time.

15 hours ago, Lightnin Loops said:

12 hours ago, JJLehto said:

But this is the internet, that's what ya do! If you don't OTT attack people for simply having a different opinion it's like you aren't validated in your own or something! What are people who struggle to tolerate other opinions/lacking confidence supposed to do then? Get a life!?!?

Maybe if you both actually took the time to read and comprehend the post you'd understand it had nothing to do with differing opinions. I have no opinion of the ride as I haven't ridden it. It was a dig at people with unreasonable expectations who are negatively critiquing each every aspect of the ride after only a handful of laps when the thing literally just opened.

But yeah let's make it about me being intolerant.

OK.gif.962f739fd6be6751e414205eb446a497.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Mike240SX said:

Jackson Township is decidedly Central Jersey, thank you very much.  And the 80s were a weird time.

Anyone who uses the term "pork roll" is not part of the Union.