TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

If they open this ride in two weeks it will be an absolute shitshow and probably won't have all of it's trains running since only 2 of them are even on the track. I would be shocked if they do that, though they are Six Flags and probably don't care about any of those things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

If they open this ride in two weeks it will be an absolute shitshow and probably won't have all of it's trains running since only 2 of them are even on the track. I would be shocked if they do that, though they are Six Flags and probably don't care about any of those things.

Operations will most likely be a major challenge at first given the need to train team members on a moving platform. Park will not open the ride to public without all four trains, unless one of them has major issues. 

Also, be on look out for dinosaurs this weekend. Not open yet but from what I hear should be visible behind Safari station now. 

Bill, get on the Six Flags train now while you can. Opening parks, running hypers year round, getting Zumj and Ka running together, Jersey Devil by Memorial day. This is a new company.  Lol. Maybe. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, tndank said:

Bill, get on the Six Flags train now while you can. Opening parks, running hypers year round, getting Zumj and Ka running together, Jersey Devil by Memorial day. This is a new company.  Lol. Maybe. 

Oh, don’t get me wrong. He has every right to be skeptical given their track record. I will say though, there’s definitely a new culture inside the company post pandemic. You’ll see it throughout this year and next 

I love what this company has done lately but 2 of the trains aren't even on the track, I don't believe it's ever completed a single test run (and if it has, at least 2 of the trains have never cycled) and Memorial Day weekend is in 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, ytterbiumanalyst said:

Tiny? I don't remember it being an unusual size. How big is the Accelerator track?

I believe it's zoomed in a bit so it looks off

If people wanna dream of Jersey Devil opening on Memorial Day, let them. My money is on Labor Day.

Serious question. Is there something wrong with the transfer track on Bizarro? Or is the process to transfer a train off just so complicated and unwieldy that they don't even bother? Because I have no other reason as to why they are consistently always running three trains on it, and they always stack all three. Even at Coaster Power Hours last Thursday, none of the trains were even remotely close to full, but if you got a ride, you'd spend another ten minutes in the brake run before getting back to the station. What gives?

^ That happened to me on Sunday too, I spent a good 20 minutes sitting on the break run after my ride while they found riders for the first (mostly empty) train.

We bailed on a Bizarro stair wait on opening day since we realized that we wouldn't be off the ride for 45 minutes. The crew is always atrocious but this year is a special case. Put me in the camp of people who would rather see them run 2 trains than leave people on the brake run for 15 minutes.

• Like 2

I still really hate the trend of SF putting "coaster" in all the newer ride names.  Whoever is on their marketing team that thought that was a good idea..  I dislike you very much and I hope you get diarrhea.  

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tndank said:

Disinformation

This is not true. Don't spread disinformation. 

While different states do have different levels of intensity in their restrictions, all Six Flags parks at this time have a base level where masks are required for those who are not vaccinated and whenever guests are indoors or in a crowded area. Please consult your local Six Flags before you go and continue to bring a mask so you can follow the guidelines for the park you are visiting.

• Like 1