TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

LOL they haven't finished the queue, etc. Calm down.

Member preview is gonna be a from like 4-6pm on random Wednesday afternoon in early June (because they're probably aiming for Memorial Day but they'll miss that) announced the day before and you're gonna have to buy a $30 t-shirt in order to ride.

• Haha 2
  • Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

Take a ride on the defunct "Batman & Robin: The Chiller" Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure! VIDEO:  

Posted Images

Word is Zumanjaro and Ka have been running together. Anyone else see this? 

Rumors also suggest they are trying to get lap bars for Ka. Not sure how much I believe that one..

• Haha 3

Ka and Zumanjaro frequently run together....they just can't launch a train while Zum's cars are anywhere on the lift/drop.

And yeah....not counting on them buying any amount of new trains for Ka anytime soon.  Maybe they'll switch to the soft shoulder restraints, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either.

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

Ka and Zumanjaro frequently run together....they just can't launch a train while Zum's cars are anywhere on the lift/drop.

And yeah....not counting on them buying any amount of new trains for Ka anytime soon.  Maybe they'll switch to the soft shoulder restraints, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that either.

Reports are they are running together today at least a few times. New agreement with state.  A few people have said it happened some today bit not consistently.  Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.  I'd like to try Z while Ka is running. Sounds fun 

I remember reading somewhere that the reason Kingda Ka is so much rougher than Top Thrill Dragster is because the center of gravity of the train is much higher due to the OTSRs and hydraulic cylinders being located behind the seat back rather than on the floor. Soft straps would eliminate the neck banging but the train would still probably shuffle like crazy at the high speeds. Although I'm skeptical if Six Flags would even spend the money on that.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, tndank said:

Reports are they are running together today at least a few times. New agreement with state.  A few people have said it happened some today bit not consistently.  Maybe it did, maybe it didn't.  I'd like to try Z while Ka is running. Sounds fun 

Holy crap, if this is true this is awesome! Maybe KK will finally have a capacity that isn't absolute sh*t again!

I do believe there are still Little Devils in the details left to be discovered about the Jersey Devil Coaster area. Perhaps back to 14?

On 5/3/2021 at 1:20 AM, JG-77 said:

Holy crap, if this is true this is awesome! Maybe KK will finally have a capacity that isn't absolute sh*t again!

It's not. Every few years people see a test train launch while Zu is running and freak out. The rides will never run together.

Just got back from today's Coaster Power Hour. As others have already mentioned, it really is a fantastic ERT event with a VIP feel and in 5 hours it is easy to rack up as many rides as you would on a normal full day. Big shout-out to all the Ride Ops who were really flexible with re-rides; even after the first hour of unlimited rides ended, you could pretty much get back on and/or move spots as long as you weren't keeping a new rider from getting on. This was the best way to snag a back row (or near the back row) as the queue-ops would try to load sequentially from the front like normal (but usually accommodated if you asked to go elsewhere). Some notable parts of the day:

- Got 8 rides on El Toro, and could've early done more if only my body could handle it.

- Kingda Ka (and the entire Golden Kingdom) were closed for the whole day.

- I was ecstatic to hear the Mortal Kombat theme on one of my Nitro rides. It seems like it now is part of a station playlist similar to Kingda Ka where there are several songs on a loop (though the rest of the soundtrack is not only ridiculously generic but does nothing to pump anyone up).

- The Skull Mountain "remix" was...meh.

- First time in years riding Dark Knight and not the least bit surprised SF has let it slowly but surely deteriorate from an effects standpoint.

- Got an entire train to myself on Batman, which for whatever reason seemed to be the forgotten coaster today.

- Nice to spot one of Jersey Devil's trains to continue the tease and anticipation. (Also the menu at the Jersey Devil BBQ stand near Nitro's exit sounds amazing and mouth-watering even if it is yet another overpriced food stand)

20210506_173237.jpg

I was surprised Kingda Ka was down as well, but it allowed me to focus on El Toro and get nearly 30 rides on it.  From atop El Toro's lift, I noticed Kingda Ka had a train parked on the side of the dual load platform that hasn't operated in years.  When Kingda Ka is closed, do they usually park trains on that side of the station?

The reason I ask is because if people did see Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro operating together, maybe they're thinking of bringing back the dual load platform on Kingda Ka to boost its throughput.

• Like 1

They normally park trains there.  Don't read anything into it.  As Bill said, Ka will never launch a train with passengers while Zu's cars are anywhere other than the station.

• Like 1

Kingda Ka parks trains over there constantly. They also use it when they run 3 trains so that when the ride breaks every 2 cycles they can take any trains that had been dispatched but haven't launched yet and roll them backwards into the other station to unload them while they fix it so they can load 2 more trains and then break it again. They use the switch track all the time, just not during normal operation (though I would argue that the ride breaking is basically "normal operation").

If Golden Kingdom wasn't even open then I feel like it was closed for budget or staffing which is honestly kind of crap since it's an upcharge coaster event and that's your tallest and fastest coaster but it's also $5 so I mean... lol. If it doesn't open today then nevermind.

The most recent video update they made was really informative, it was cool to see what they're envisioning for theming / langscaping.

38 minutes ago, wildcattb5 said:

The SFGAdv FB page is doing some teasing....Screenshot_20210507-172726_Facebook.thumb.jpg.0f4c73c26d15d873891054f67e7b56c4.jpg

8 minutes ago, michaellynn4 said:

Note the "tail". Pretty sure they're gonna announce when we can expect Jersey Devil to open on 5/18.

Park has already confirmed that this is not Jersey Devil related. Animatronic Dinosaur walkthrough. Same one that was previously done in New England 

Jersey Devil is looking so good. Wonder Woman is a twisty intense little machine, really looking forward to that on a bigger scale.

5 minutes ago, AngusW said:

Park has already confirmed that this is not Jersey Devil related. Animatronic Dinosaur walkthrough. Same one that was previously done in New England 

Ugh, somehow I missed that SFNE was doing that. 

15 hours ago, michaellynn4 said:

Ugh, somehow I missed that SFNE was doing that. 

Great Adventure’s will be much better though. Much better area selected will add to theming of experience and make for better photo ops

I guess, it just is something that doesn't interest me, and I'm surprised there'd actually be some demand for that. Was Dino Alive for Cedar Fair ever that well received?

Yes they were their first year, at pretty much every park. There was a reason they were rolled out to the whole chain, they made money. The trouble was with getting repeat customers. After that first year, attendance would go off a cliff.

Maybe the shorter version Six Flags is sending around is the better way to go, then. Maybe the fact that Dino Alive turned into a running joke among coaster nerds about how much space they were taking up from "MOER COASTARRRS!" is clouding my judgment a bit.