TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

For those who have been this year... How have crowds and wait times been?? Looking at going on a Monday in a few weeks, and was wondering if the Flash Pass is worth the $250... Or if it's not really needed.

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

1191106609_Hallowfestlogo.thumb.png.035e551dc6d0d6a838f39f32971030f3.png

Six Flags Great Adventure Announces All-New HALLOWFEST

Event features Halloween Thrills by Day and Scary Chills by Night in a Safe Environment

JACKSON, N.J. — August 17, 2020 — Six Flags Great Adventure, the World’s Ultimate Thrill Park, leads the way for Halloween thrills and chills with a new event for the entire family—HALLOWFEST. The event will feature Thrills by Day with family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters…in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the park. HALLOWFEST will kick off September 18 and run weekends through November 1 plus October 12. The park will operate from 2 to 10 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, and from 5 p.m. with varying closing times on Friday evenings. Reservations will ensure limited capacity admission, and slots are expected to fill up quickly. The company’s comprehensive and ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event.

“Our annual Fright Fest celebration is one of the most anticipated Halloween events of the season. Given the current environment, we are taking special precautions this year and offering our guests a version that is still scary, provides lots of thrilling rides and Halloween fun, and most importantly, is safe for our guests and team members,” said Six Flags President and CEO Mike Spanos. “We will operate HALLOWFEST the same way we have operated our parks all summer, with daily temperature checks and face masks required for guests and team members prior to entry, social distancing, and enhanced sanitization measures.”

From 2 to 6 p.m, families and young thrill-seekers will experience HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:

- Elaborate fall landscaping displays of pumpkins, colorful mums, cornstalks, hay bales, gourds, and festive inflatables;

Back by popular demand, a Trick-or-Treat Trail with kid-friendly Halloween monsters and individually packaged candy and treats;

- Kid-centric hay bale maze in one direction;

- Fun rides for all ages in the crisp, fall air; and

- Halloween-themed specialty treats, like gooey caramel apples and funnel cakes made with Snickers candy, available for purchase.

For Chills by Night beginning at 6 p.m., all haunted attractions will be available outdoors in the wide-open midways:

- Creepy fog, eerie lighting, and sinister music will create the perfect backdrop for nighttime scares and chills including three haunted trails, four themed zones and street entertainment;

- Six Flags’ signature collection of world-class roller coasters ramp up the fear factor for a heart-pounding HALLOWFEST experience as guests fly through the air at high speeds in total darkness; and

- Halloween gear, such as themed masks, witch headbands, light-up devil horns, and scary apparel, will be on sale along with everybody’s favorite glow-in-the-dark necklaces, bracelets and light sticks.

Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe Halloween experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend HALLOWFEST.

All team members (including scare-actors) and all guests 2 years and up will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the parks;

- No indoor mazes, haunted houses, or indoor shows will be operated; some haunted trails and scare zones will be operated outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced;

- A limited number of nighttime scare-actors will remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;

Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;

- Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and

Multiple alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.

For more information on HALLOWFEST and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit http://www.sixflags.com/hallowfest

614519643_HallowfestKeyArt.thumb.jpg.6300398c40a1c0a7a15cc5ac05ce0d50.jpg

685664623_Clownatwhackamole.thumb.jpg.346b041c0160025b72f53871dabac9fa.jpg

1322622912_Ghoulsatcarousel.thumb.jpg.ddfe7d9c3596e066ca85e3e27841a92e.jpg

2039345138_Hallowfestatdusk.thumb.jpg.e498343a69d8c999e65d36a5957fce1b.jpg

946226888_Hallowfestkidsincostumes.thumb.jpg.827de02c6bf10e38ca24e4fae13d424d.jpg

From 2 to 6 p.m, families and young thrill-seekers will experience HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:

- Elaborate fall landscaping displays of pumpkins, colorful mums, cornstalks, hay bales, gourds, and festive inflatables;

Back by popular demand, a Trick-or-Treat Trail with kid-friendly Halloween monsters and individually packaged candy and treats;

It may be just me, but I don't see what's so Halloween about colorful British mothers...

mummy.jpg.203f4b8c01194819afa639a1910bb2ca.jpg

Oh... Right.

It'll be interesting to see how well the event does. And how the scares will be executed. I worked in a haunt with half wall partitions between the actors and guests before and neither the guests or the actors really enjoyed those scenes. You just inherently lose something shouting about how you're going to slice someone's head off and slurp their intestines like spaghetti vs whispering it in their ear--especially when you need to say it through a mask.

It'll do fine. Fright Fest is atrocious anyway and people eat it up. It's not possible for the mazes to get any worse. I walked through a trail last year that was nothing but wood pallets, fog machines and maybe one scare actor that didn't scare anyone. If anything I'll like this better because of the "limited capacity" (lol).

PS: Thoughts on mask compliance at night at a Great Adventure haunt event? Over/under 5%?

Edited by coasterbill

What % would you say were wearing masks? Do you think I'd be able to distance most of the time if I came on a monday-thursday?

Do you think I'd be able to distance most of the time if I came on a monday-thursday?

Absolutely not. If your visit is contingent on them taking any of their own policies seriously then I recommend going to a different theme park. It's hilarious that they tricked the state into allowing them to operate and I expect them to be shut down the second that anyone with any pull in the state government goes to visit. I'm shocked that it hasn't happened yet.

Personally I'm not freaking out about covid. I'm following the mask rules and the social distancing markers and doing my part but I'm still comfortable going to the park knowing that nobody else will care. It annoys me that people are that dumb but Nitro and El Toro exist and it's worth the tradeoff to me. If you're not in that boat then I really recommend visiting another theme park that attempts to care because this park is not it.

I'd put the mask thing at about 50%. It starts out promising in the morning and then less and less people care as the day goes on.

Edited by coasterbill

I was there yesterday (Monday) and almost everyone wore masks in some way, although 5% improperly early in the day up to 20% by the end, and only improving very slightly in tight spaces. As to actual distancing, there was almost none.

If you arrive early, the entry sets the tone for the day. They have set up a gigantic queue maze to get into the temperature screening but if there is any distancing it is hard to tell as everyone is walking back and forth by each other over and over. If you slow down, some kids will probably pass you.

At Batman, the grouper was waiting until the row gates opened to let groups into the enclosed row queue room without waiting in there, but the stairway became one of the most claustrophobic spaces I've witnessed. Etc.

They have some inside places to get food but you have to go outside to eat it.

I made a mistake to not decide to get minimal Flash pass at first sign of issues. By later on it didn't seem that worth it, although probably because I don't know how much it helps. I was unwilling to wait long enough ride Ka after not proceeding to it before seeing it run. Instead I got the perhaps the best ride I've had this year, on Nitro, including the slight miracle of a single reride back row before the crowd hit. I had the luck to be next for front row on Toro and the luck for it then to go down. After that it was OK but didn't thin out at all going towards the early 7 PM closing.

Unlike my less crowded November trips, more animals were on display and Congo Rapids was open. Amazing but you will get wet from the waist down at least. Use lockers or plastic bags for stuff.

2 Batman

2 Nitro

2 Toro

2 Bizarro

1 Joker

2 Zum

1 Skyway

1 Congo Rapids

---

+

1 OCNJ later

1 3:30 AM home

I was there Sunday and Monday also and was suprised so many were wearing masks. Social distancing however does not exist here at all. On a side note for those in our boat of coming from another, closed six flags park (Ours, Darien Lake) I had A chat online about using our season passes without a prior visit to our home park and using them elsewhere and was told that is being allowed this year, however, it was a bit of a hassle on our second day as our passes were not scanning as valid even though they were. If you are in this situation, ask for a supervisor and they will check it out and let you enter. It cost us about 15 minutes extra to enter and re-entry was also a problem. I suggest stopping at guest services prior to re-entry and with a little patience and another supervisor visit (another 15 minutes extra) they issued comp tickets for re-entry. You will have to do this every time and suggest planning for this.

On a more positive note, everything was running and ops were better than we expected. This was my families first visit here in 9 years and you can forget how non stop aggressive fantastic El Toro is. Nitro is stil my #2 B&M hyper and how much fun this park is. We are off to the park now for our 3rd and final day and hope it goes great.

" I suggest stopping at guest services prior to re-entry and with a little patience and another supervisor visit (another 15 minutes extra) they issued comp tickets for re-entry."

Wouldn't you just get a hand stamp for reentry in this situation? Just like any daily ticket holder would? Most parks (before photos) used to only allow one scan per day anyways and always issued a stamp. I'd assume that's still a thing?

" I suggest stopping at guest services prior to re-entry and with a little patience and another supervisor visit (another 15 minutes extra) they issued comp tickets for re-entry."

Wouldn't you just get a hand stamp for reentry in this situation? Just like any daily ticket holder would? Most parks (before photos) used to only allow one scan per day anyways and always issued a stamp. I'd assume that's still a thing?

Cedar Fair parks did away with hand-stamps for this year (probably something about touching people), and instead issued return tickets to daily-ticket entrants and allowed multiple scans for season passes.

^^-- as does Great Adventure. And don't throw away your reservation, if printed, if you want to leave the parking lot.

The end of hand stamps, perhaps the only COVID-related change I'd like to see permanent -- though slightly odd now, as I'd think they'd want to count how many leave and aren't coming back..

With no hand stamp, how does a single day ticket holder get back in? Unless they swipe a photo for single day ticket holders too. Any other way would be completely abused to get other people in the park without paying. You can't scan a single day ticket more than once. And what would stop a membership/season pass holder from getting an exit ticket and giving it to someone else, and getting into the park again with their own pass?

Unless I'm missing something obvious.

With no hand stamp, how does a single day ticket holder get back in? Unless they swipe a photo for single day ticket holders too. Any other way would be completely abused to get other people in the park without paying. You can't scan a single day ticket more than once. And what would stop a membership/season pass holder from getting an exit ticket and giving it to someone else, and getting into the park again with their own pass?

Unless I'm missing something obvious.

When exiting the park, single-day ticket holders get a re-entry ticket from someone handing them out at the exit. As for your second question, no idea how they stop people from gaming the system.

How does the membership upgrade work? Do the people at guest services or something know you kept paying while the park closed and give you the next membership level card?

If you scan your membership into the app, it shows up as the next tier.

If you scan your membership into the app, it shows up as the next tier.

Does that happen AFTER I go this year? Or I can delete and readd my membership in the app?

I think mine updated automatically since I already had it in the app before, but it was a month or two ago so I forget the exact circumstances in which it updated.