TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

If only they could really go old school and unfence the monkeys.

But this is awesome news!

If only they could really go old school and unfence the monkeys.

But this is awesome news!

I highly doubt they will just to avoid the liability claims, but the road through the monkey exhibit still exists per Google Maps, even if it has seen better days. Theoretically, they could allow cars through there.

Red = Road through monkey exhibit where they can jump on your cars.

Green = Bypass road around monkey exhibit (separated by a fence).

monkey.thumb.jpg.826c12423b9567fa9c52046685c6f252.jpg

This was heavily, heavily rumored from a few people I know who are connected to the park, but super happy to see it actually happening. That said, it'll be interesting to see how people weigh having something to do outdoors vs how much they give a sh*t about their car.

it'll be interesting to see how people weigh having something to do outdoors vs how much they give a sh*t about their car.

This is so cool. Wish I had a crap car where I didn’t have to worry about damage. So awesome to see Great Adventure doing this!

You two are seriously overestimating what this is. I have personally gone through the safari dozens of times growing up, either with my family, friends, or otherwise. I've gone through in rusted-out Chevy Novas, I've gone through in just-waxed BMWs. There is absolutely nothing at all, animal or environmental, in the safari that will do damage to your vehicle as long as you stay on the road. The dangerous animals (lions, tigers) are behind cages, the other animals are shy or want to lick you (or the bread you have). The only wild card was the monkeys. We usually took the bypass road for the monkeys, but I've been through the main road more than once and the worst thing that happened was the little bastard took a shit on the sunroof.

The only wild card was the monkeys. We usually took the bypass road for the monkeys, but I've been through the main road more than once and the worst thing that happened was the little bastard took a shit on the sunroof.

Hopefully it wasn't a Chicago Sunroof!

(A little Better Call Saul reference there!)

This is exciting news for GAdv! Assuming the park opens again this year, I'll be there, as I have relatives in the area, and I'll be sure to check this out for the first time!

it'll be interesting to see how people weigh having something to do outdoors vs how much they give a sh*t about their car.

This is so cool. Wish I had a crap car where I didn’t have to worry about damage. So awesome to see Great Adventure doing this!

You two are seriously overestimating what this is. I have personally gone through the safari dozens of times growing up, either with my family, friends, or otherwise. I've gone through in rusted-out Chevy Novas, I've gone through in just-waxed BMWs. There is absolutely nothing at all, animal or environmental, in the safari that will do damage to your vehicle as long as you stay on the road. The dangerous animals (lions, tigers) are behind cages, the other animals are shy or want to lick you (or the bread you have). The only wild card was the monkeys. We usually took the bypass road for the monkeys, but I've been through the main road more than once and the worst thing that happened was the little bastard took a shit on the sunroof.

Whoops, my bad. I must have just imagined the half dozen times my dad drove us through this very safari as a kid, monkeys scratching up his paint job and ripping off his antenna among other things. You're clearly more qualified to talk about this than us. My apologies.

That said, it'll be interesting to see how people weigh having something to do outdoors vs how much they give a sh*t about their car.

Yeah, I'm one of those people who does, so I won't be taking my car through one of those any time soon.

That being said, I hope Six Flags has a policy of not allowing rental vehicles through there, otherwise people will probably be on the hook for a lot of damage.

Seriously, all of you from outside the region that never experienced this can probably hold back their commentary.

KBrylczyk and Boldikus are both correct: 99% of the drive-through safari will cause absolutely 0 damage to your car. The monkey/baboon section, if they allow you to go through it (and not use the bypass road that has almost always been available), will almost certainly cause some sort of damage to your car (scratched paint, pulled away trim, removed wipers or antennae, rips in vinyl, etc.). That's all there is to it.

People with rental cars shouldn't be prohibited from going through it. They should probably avoid the monkey section, but if they choose not to, that's their choice to accept the possibility of damage to their rental.

Source: Having been through it dozens of times as a kid and working at the park for 5 years in the department that initially received most complaints about damage to cars.

Throwback Thursday! Drive-thru Safari is back!

[attachment=0]Screenshot_2020-05-14 Six Flags Great Adventure - Home.png[/attachment]

https://www.facebook.com/sixflagsgreatadventure

Alright now that Great Adventure is doing it.... ball's in your court Disney......

Open up Kilimanjaro Safaris for guests to drive through in their own car you cowards......

I'd wager to say that although it's unlikely, damage seems plausible with this.

This isn't something new however. It went so far as to become a sitcom gag (Simpsons Season 2 ---> Discount Lion Safari). I dunno how prevalent drive thru safari types of places were, but the concept was out there enough to establish itself in pop culture.

I feel like everyone in the New Jersey area has a childhood Action Park story and a Six Flags Safari monkey destroying their car story. Some of those stories are true and hilarious, some are total fish stories but it’s basically a requirement that you have them.

I feel like everyone in the New Jersey area has a childhood Action Park story and a Six Flags Safari monkey destroying their car story.

And Seaside Heights shenanigans. And Wildwood crackheads.

I waited until this evening and had no issues. I could have booked this weekend but choose next Sunday the 7th instead to let the park get used to operations and also to avoid the have to be there first crowd. Never did the drive-thru back in the day so we are really looking forward to it!

On this date 24 years ago, Skull Mountain began accepting membership applications.

• 2 weeks later...