TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

You think we're gonna find some politicians underneath JD's foundation one day?

Nah. The park has tigers. I’m sure they will just cover the politicians in sesame oil and give them the ole’ Carole Baskin treatment.

^^Yeah NO! Jersey Devil will open WAY before the equivalent time of West Coast Racers despite a pandemic!

Welp, there goes Jersey Devil being ready when the park re-opens. At SF has a reasonable excuse this time..

^^Yeah NO! Jersey Devil will open WAY before the equivalent time of West Coast Racers despite a pandemic!

If Six Flags Magic Mountain gets the rumored Raptor next year (although all next year plans are really up in the air at this point), it will be interesting to see if they still take longer to build it than Great Adventure in the midst of a pandemic.

• 4 weeks later...

Kind of a random question, but how many trains does Green Lantern have? RCDB lists three, but it only had two trains at Kentucky Kingdom. Did they buy an extra train? Maybe some SFGAdv locals can give some insight.

Magic Mountain sent Great Adventure Riddler's Revenge third train so Green Lantern could run 3 trains. Great Adventure sent it back to Magic Mountain after a few years since it wasn't really needed and I think so Riddler's Revenge wouldn't be forced to run 1 train while the other train was being refurbished each year.

^Bingo.

I think Six Flags realized that Magic Mountain, being a year-round park, probably benefited more from having a third train to cycle through maintenance than Great Adventure did. It is also interesting to note that Green Lantern has 7 cars per train and Riddler has 8, so I wonder if somewhere in the process they kept off the last car at either park during the transfer.

Some good news - non-essential construction can resume in New Jersey this Monday at 6:00AM! Looks like even with a forced government shutdown, Jersey Devil will finish earlier than West Coast Racers did!

^I was hoping to see an announcement like this soon! Great news!

That is the best news I've heard out of that park since El Toro. I'm curious how it will work through since they completely destroyed the natural flow for cars into the Safari.

Edit: Nevermind the second part. Looking at a map I see they could just loop cars through the waterpark entrance road, then have people exit through the service road between the old Safari Hospitality Lot and the main parking lot.

Honestly, pretty excited for this to make a return. I have good childhood memories from the prior incarnation of the safari, and I hate to say it, but I've never spent the time doing SORA since they opened that. Given the way everything is going right now, I wouldn't mind packing my family in the car and making the drive down so my wife and kids can experience this!

Makes perfect sense really, it eliminates the need to run those trucks at a limited capacity as well as eliminates the need for the tour guide and driver.

The lines to get into this might be crazy long though with people wanting something to do while still staying away from others. Hopefully people behave and don't screw this up for others.

This is a GREAT idea and super fun. Yay for Great Adventure, my favorite Six Flags park!!!