TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

From the park's Facebook page

Vertical construction has started on Jersey Devil! And it looks like there is already a nice sprinkling of supports up with some larger ones in place. Looks like this ride will be ready for a Memorial Day weekend opening! If not a bit sooner! These things are supposed to go up quick aren't they?

As per usual, looking through the comments was disappointing; so many people complaining about construction times and such.

375878834_JerseyDevil.jpg.5e63d67793d27697c2f7575fe11e0b44.jpg

1222718385_JerseyDevil2.jpg.0dd55c974bb5cd4aca97aa0b8cb7518e.jpg

1966253213_JerseyDevil3.jpg.d265810bc0c02a31f85cee9666a89435.jpg

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

Thanks, was just coming to this thread to ask about an ETA for Jersey Devil. Was wildly hoping for a soft open on Opening Weekend, sounds like that's a big nope. Which is totally fine, but was trying to talk my kid out of an Opening Weekend visit and this gives me more ammo, hah.

Another construction update from the park with a nice little bit of focus on the local lore behind the theme.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

This ride is going to be incredible. I can't wait for November!

Also if you look closely in that shot of the staging area you can see crews hard at work not painting Nitro.

Edited by coasterbill

The park shared some more photos via their socials of vertical construction. Going up fast.

JDC.thumb.jpg.2403c55ac385ed90062a1acb061063b1.jpg

JDC2.thumb.jpg.a6fc09470d942f7a01f7e114cbd23db6.jpg

JDC3.thumb.jpg.b96ec276b79c3dd20f835b8098d9bfd9.jpg

*insert played out enthusiast comment about how all the other new additions are testing*

This is looking great so far, I hope to get out there sometime fairly soon to get a ride on this thing

The park shared some more photos via their socials of vertical construction. Going up fast.

[attachment=0]JDC.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]JDC2.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=2]JDC3.jpg[/attachment]

*insert played out enthusiast comment about how all the other new additions are testing*

IRON GWAZI IS TESTING ALREADY

W I T H H U M A N S

Looks really good. Hopefully I'll be able to convince my parents to add a day to our trip for Great Adventure!

Looks really good. Hopefully I'll be able to convince my parents to add a day to our trip for Great Adventure!

Hopefully they stay open amid the virus panic. Im personally taking advantage of the situation to visit parks with low crowds (for example Im going to SFA for the first time on the 28th)

• 2 weeks later...

You're probably looking at 8-10 weeks from now at a minimum. Best case scenario will be June 1. Worst case, the season is a total loss.

You're probably looking at 8-10 weeks from now at a minimum. Best case scenario will be June 1. Worst case, the season is a total loss.

Either scenario is a clusterfuck.

How would the park (and quite frankly, any other park in the SF chain) recover from this?

How would the park (and quite frankly, any other park in the SF chain) recover from this?

It's going to be a rough year (probably few years) for the travel and entertainment industries all around.

SF probably has insurance policies in place. It's not going to be pleasant, but this could be manageable. There are a number of factors that will play into this so it's hard to predict.

I personally suspect the reopening for many SF parks will have more to do with legal restrictions set by the states they're in than with SF policy.

Since Cyborg Hyper Drive hype is over, I have moved on from flipping out over Grid. Who is the new Grid now, you may ask?

LOOK NO FURTHER.

2355869321_9e6b54b155_h.jpg

(yes I know the image is SFOG but still.)