TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

If you read this thread during Holiday in the Park, you know Great Adventure will run their coasters in conditions hardly any other parks would. A few days ago, I got to the area early and decide

Posted Images

Great Adventure's website notes "no loose articles including cell phones will be permitted on Kingda Ka."

"Please store them in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo or with a non-rider before entering the queue." it says.

[/i]

I don't know why but this is always infinitely funnier to me whenever an official press release gets posted.

I'm really happy my time working rides was right before the smart phone addiction. Even though people probably had cell phones in their pockets, at the time they didn't really have video capture capabilities. Didn't have to worry too much about idiots taking them out to film on the ride. Now with this obsession that every moment needs to be captured I don't know if I would be able to constantly deal with the idiots with a smile and customer service voice.

I wish more of these lawsuits would just get thrown out of court. They're a waste. But sadly, the park will probably settle to make this go away.

• 4 weeks later...
It’s literally going to look like it is eating the track.

... if they ever start building the track.

You'll be lucky if that devil is eating Thanksgiving dinner. Good thing Great Adventure has HITP so Six Flags can still advertise its new roller coaster for 2020.

In all seriousness, as much as I joke about SF's ride opening time tables, yes it should be open by September. However, DoinIt is right....take a look a WCR for how to colossally ruin a ride opening.

I still find it funny that SF’s most punctual roller coaster opening last year was at the universally agreed upon king of efficiency SFA.

Final concrete was poured on 2/12. SFFT took ten weeks to complete. If build time is similar at SFGAdv, they have about 6 weeks to build the station, theme, landscape, make it operationable and test to open by Memorial Day weekend.