TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Can any Six Flags park go to the announcement date without anything leaked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not always Six Flags fault. We have the footage too, it was sent to a NUMBER of outlets under embargo (which means you wait to post it until they tell you). It's nice because we can get everything ready this way and not have to freak out tomorrow morning doing a ton of work. But then a few idiots ruin it for everyone when they post early!

I hope Six Flags takes action against the people that post early!

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Soooo late last night I was tumbling down a Youtube coaster rabbit hole and came across this video of a review of El Toro (I know we're not supposed to link to certain channels but for the sake of thi

Just came back from a visit here. I chose this day specifically because it was a weekday during the magic time between fright fest and HITP where the whole park is open but there are no special holida

Posted Images

That being said from what I’ve seen, this looks like a great addition!

Do I seriously need to start banning people???

I just don't understand people anymore. We have asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

DO NOT MAKE ANNOUNCEMENT POSTS OR START A DISCUSSION ABOUT IT UNTIL THE ADMINS HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO DO SO!!!!!!!!!!!

All this does it make MORE WORK for the admins.

Has the world really gotten this stupid?

Don't answer that...I already know...

Have they done anything like that before? I remember when Maxx Force was leaked and it didn't seem like they did anything.

Hasn't the local news accidentally announced something too early?

^Most people tend to agree that TTD is better because it offers a generally smoother ride with lap bars instead of the OTS restraints of Kingda Ka. I am one of these people.

That said, to each their own.

^Most people tend to agree that TTD is better because it offers a generally smoother ride with lap bars instead of the OTS restraints of Kingda Ka. I am one of these people.

That said, to each their own.

I prefer TTD for the reasons you mentioned, lap bars beat OTSRs and KK has more of a rattle than TTD. Honestly, I recently rode Red Force and it's now my favorite of all the Intamin accelerator coasters. It has a different restraint system that is a lap bar that you pull down over your head, similar to Skyrush but 100% more comfortable. Red Force also goes straight over the top like Xcelerator, which makes for better airtime than the twist of TTD/KK.

Dragster SMOKES Kingda Ka in my opinion. The smoothness of Dragster combined with the lapbars makes it like 30x better. The ONLY thing Ka has is the initial take off feels a bit stronger on Ka than on Dragster, in my opinion.

Unfortunately no. It’s all because someone wants to be the first announce what the ride is.

It's not always Six Flags fault. We have the footage too, it was sent to a NUMBER of outlets under embargo (which means you wait to post it until they tell you). It's nice because we can get everything ready this way and not have to freak out tomorrow morning doing a ton of work. But then a few idiots ruin it for everyone when they post early!

A bit of a general question with announcements, what all do the parks send you with new rides, besides photos and animations?

A bit of a general question with announcements, what all do the parks send you with new rides, besides photos and animations?

Usually a dozen strippers and a bottle of hard tequila.

Seriously, it's just a press release, photos, and animation usually...

Usually a dozen strippers and a bottle of hard tequila.

Seriously, it's just a press release, photos, and animation usually...

Now is it a dozen strippers per park, or does SF just send 12 for the whole chain? Asking for a friend...

To be honest, I prefer Kingda Ka more. They both feel pretty much the same to me. Really the line comes down for me that I generally love Six Flags parks more than Cedar Fair parks (please don't hurt me).

Dragster SMOKES Kingda Ka in my opinion. The smoothness of Dragster combined with the lapbars makes it like 30x better. The ONLY thing Ka has is the initial take off feels a bit stronger on Ka than on Dragster, in my opinion.

lol, i rode dragster and ka from the front row 5 times each in the same week.. the difference in experience is so negligible to me. the theming, viewing area, and location in the park are considerably better on dragster. but as far as the actual ride experience? the launch, etc..? the launch on kk was better, there's no difference in "roughness" from the front row.. however the further you go back on kk the difference becomes very noticeable.. but you shouldn't be riding either from anywhere other than first row. and the infamous restraints... maybe if you're a really big person it could make a difference, but the OTSRs on KK don't ever touch my body and i'm 6' tall. so there was no difference there for me, i did not feel more restricted whatsoever.

the differences between these rides has been severely exaggerated, and i'd say claiming TTD is 30x better than KK is the most hyperbolic exaggeration i've yet to come across.

Now is it a dozen strippers per park, or does SF just send 12 for the whole chain? Asking for a friend...

Probably cloned strippers. All dressed like Harley Quinn.

I prefer Dragster over Ka. I felt like the launch on Ka was hesitant and not smooth. Felt like we were going to roll back for sure. Also, the aforementioned lap bars, theming, atmosphere of being in the center of the park

lol, i rode dragster and ka from the front row 5 times each in the same week.. the difference in experience is so negligible to me. the theming, viewing area, and location in the park are considerably better on dragster. but as far as the actual ride experience? the launch, etc..? the launch on kk was better, there's no difference in "roughness" from the front row.. however the further you go back on kk the difference becomes very noticeable.. but you shouldn't be riding either from anywhere other than first row. and the infamous restraints... maybe if you're a really big person it could make a difference, but the OTSRs on KK don't ever touch my body and i'm 6' tall. so there was no difference there for me, i did not feel more restricted whatsoever.

the differences between these rides has been severely exaggerated, and i'd say claiming TTD is 30x better than KK is the most hyperbolic exaggeration i've yet to come across.

I'm on Ka almost weekly and got to ride Dragster in July. Dragster was about as smooth as Nitro the whole ride, where as Ka is smooth during the slow parts. Ka has a vibration and shuffle in the front, not as bad as the back, but it's still there especially at the end of the launch track. Ka's trim kills any airtime you'd get, then the shuffling and almost "bounce" going into the 270 degree spiral which leads into a pot hole right before the pull up that feels pretty big.

Ka's launch is 0-128 in 3.5 seconds and Dragster's is 0-120 in 4 seconds. It's not much different after the initial take off, but I def get more a kick in the back from Ka than I did from Dragster.

Again, this is all subjective and can vary from person to person. It's just how I feel about the two. I still enjoy Kingda Ka quite a bit, but it could be way better.

Top Thrill Dragster is great. I do feel like the lapbars make it a little more pleasant, especially since a lot of the appeal is looking around for a second from absurdly high up.

Kingda Ka is great too. It's one of the best rides at Great Adventure, and the view from the top, while not the stunning beauty of Lake Erie, is pretty impressive all the same.

If it is indeed an RMC:

90% - Single Rail clone

10% - Unique Ground up construction

Seems about the likelihood, no?

I saw an interview with Alan Schilke where he stated RMC wanted to sell more raptor clones, but parks were requesting bigger models. And he said in fact the next one would not be a clone. So we'll see I guess..

This means nothing to SFGAdv unless you can prove which one is the next one. The next one might already be sold or planned.

I started going back to the park from a 9 year hiatus back in 2015 from 2007 but I heard they got backlash for teasing the hell out of El Diablo and it just being a Larson Loop. If that's true, I'm not sure they'd want to take that risk again, but who knows.

That's only part of it, they had the nerve to tell the masses it was a roller coaster also.

Edited by larrygator