TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Nitro is screaming for a paintjob.

Everything in the park needs a paint job, especially Nitro. IMO they should paint it red with black supports, yellow+pink+blue is an awful color combo

I've always liked the paint scheme on Nitro, something about the pink adds a flare to it. I feel like if/when Six Flags repaints it, they'll just go for yellow and blue and eliminate the accent color.

^I really hope when the time comes Nitro gets a full repaint in the original color scheme it's such a unique paint job and when it was new it really looked awesome. Nitro is still one of Great Adventure's stars and deserves only the best, but then again this is six flags we are talking about .

So I am going to be in Philly in a few days.

Am debating ubering up to the park on Wednesday. At best I'll only be able to get there by 3. So I'll have at most 5 hours at the park. I assume I wont be able to ride everything but I want to ride El Toro with rerides, KK and Nitro at a minimum.

Considering it looks like a $150 minimum 2 hour round trip plus the ticket cost, I am worried about the ROI. Does anyone here have any immediate concerns about my idea (i.e. school groups, ride closures, etc.)?

Wednesday is my only possible day. I'm also willing to listen to ideas about cheaper ways to get there.

Is renting a car an option at all?

You can take a train to Trenton and an uber and it will be cheaper, but time is of the essence so if anything I would only worry about that on the return trip because it takes more time out of an already short day. People have also had issues getting Ubers from the park on occasion because it's in the middle of nowhere.

Know a decent rental place in downtown Philly?

I'm not opposed to renting, I just can't leave Philly until 2pm so I'm trying to maximize my time at the park. But if a car can cut my price in half I'm willing to sacrifice a bit of time. Of course then I have to take parking into account. I do have a lead foot.

My other reasoning for an Uber is that I enjoy a beer or 3 but idk what the beer situation at the park is.

Skyrush is closed. Go to Great Adventure. It’s closer anyway.

Is there no way that you can just pick up the car ahead of time so it’s ready to go at 2:00 on Wednesday? Considering how much you’re prepared to spend on Uber I feel like even if you pay for an extra day it’s worth it for the convenience. Rental cars from PHL are like 26 bucks a day.

Look into a Six Flags membership. It’s dirt cheap.

Good to know, makes my decision easier.

I am staying near the convention center so it would be like 50 bucks to park the thing.

That being said looks like I can get a car near the bus station for 60 bucks so thanks for the advice.

I live in KC so nowhere near a decent SF and it's highly unlikely I'll visit another one this year but I'll do some more digging. How much is daily parking at the park?

Yeah I saw gold pass was 90, day ticket is 56 plus I'm assuming 25 for parking, won't split hairs over 10 bucks (assuming processing won't take more than 5 minutes... That's an issue).

Any thoughts on crowds? Don't want to get there just to have the entire state of NJ having school day at the park. No events are showing on their website

Ah jeez yes you are right. Their calendar on the website starting on a Monday threw me way off. I just saw them open on the middle day and assumed it was Wednesday. Dammit.

Thanks for the help anyway. I'd try to rearrange my schedule to go Thursday but I fly home that night. I feel like a moron.

Hershey is still in play I guess but no Skyrush is an absolute bummer.

The other option would be Dorney but I have basically the same park in my back yard. Not sure it's worth it especially since I don't have a CF pass.

Also haven't checked their hours yet either.

Hershey is closed Wednesday too and so is Dorney. Knoebels is open but they close at 6.

I’m not sure when you fly home but if you pick up a car Wednesday night and drop it at the airport after going to Great Adventure on Thursday you only need to pay for one day. I’d say that’s the move. DO NOT try to Uber from Great Adventure when you have a plane to catch. It’s risky enough under normal circumstances.

What day does Wonder Woman actually open to the general public? I have a membership but my friend doesn't. I really want to ride but I don't want to be rude and ditch him. Can anyone also give me an idea of what type of crowds I can expect at the park? We're going Saturday.

I have no idea if that ride is supposed to open this weekend. It was supposed to open last weekend, but it got pushed back to this weekend and now those event details have once again changed to not include ERT on the ride but on Batman and Dark Knight instead. So something is up. Rumor among locals/regulars is the ride isn't opening at all this weekend due to inspection delays or possibly even an issue with the ride itself. But that's all hearsay. Though you can see for yourself the website does not say anything about the ride actually opening.

https://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure/special-events/celebration/wonder-woman%E2%84%A2-member-appreciation-event

There is also a Comic Con event happening Saturday and Sunday.

As far as crowds? Its a holiday weekend and as of right now the weather for Saturday looks great, while Sunday and Monday look like a greater chance of potential showers. My prediction? If this forecast doesn't change? Its going to be absolutely mobbed on Saturday. Budget for fast pass.

Personally, I'd go for gold, but its gonna depend on the crowd. Keep an eye on the weather. If its nice, you can be assured it will be busy. Gold gets the job done as long as you reserve your next ride as soon as the scan you into the current ride you're about to board.

Also, I have to hand it to the park for not waiting until like Saturday morning to announce the ride wouldn't be opening. Its actually out of character for them to give a heads-up this far in advance.