TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great Adventure has a strict “restrict these nuts” philosophy in regards to covid restrictions and protocols. It’s the Wild West and that should be abundantly clear by now. 😂

Posted Images

^ 100% correct.

I am aware the forecast is calling for rain; but hopefully it won't be bad enough to force an early closure or shut down a bunch of rides

Its not a matter of whether its raining hard enough or not for them to close, its if people show up. When we went earlier this month it rained on and off all day but people were there. If its empty they're going to close, I guarantee it.

1864389902_Screenshot_2018-12-30JacksonNJHourlyForecastWeatherUnderground.png.a241ab65fb7fa3095c450e65c659473b.png

https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/us/nj/jackson/date/2018-12-31?cm_ven=localwx_hour

The forecast calls for rain all day which means no one is going to show (especially considering today was so nice - and the place was mobbed, and Tuesday also looks good, so anyone thinking of going tomorrow will just go Tuesday instead). If you drive a long distance to go to Great Adventure tomorrow you're a fool. Tuesday is the move, see yall there.

Wowsers!

Change of plans, staying home then. I won't be able to make it up on New Year's Day; but I WILL make it back up there for 2019 Opening Weekend (I think somewhere in this thread, it's March 30th and 31st?)

Light rain vs. a lot of people with 2 more days off, I wouldn't be so sure, they might just close a lot of stuff early and the park at 8 and sort of claim a full day. Making a big Drive is still risky.

Light rain vs. a lot of people with 2 more days off, I wouldn't be so sure, they might just close a lot of stuff early and the park at 8 and sort of claim a full day.

Why would they do all that just to "claim a full day" when they can send everyone home and save a bunch of money since they're not making any anyway?

Wowsers!

Change of plans, staying home then. I won't be able to make it up on New Year's Day; but I WILL make it back up there for 2019 Opening Weekend (I think somewhere in this thread, it's March 30th and 31st?)

Did you just say "Wowsers"?

Light rain vs. a lot of people with 2 more days off, I wouldn't be so sure, they might just close a lot of stuff early and the park at 8 and sort of claim a full day.

Why would they do all that just to "claim a full day" when they can send everyone home and save a bunch of money since they're not making any anyway?

They're closing at 6, which was posted when I checked their schedule at 5:30. That's a late enough that if anyone complains they can say they were open plenty where were you?

I've read that response like 8 times and I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make.

Anyways, its already freakishly warm and all the rain has passed, as long as the wind chills the f*ck out today is shaping up to be a great season finale on Six Flags Most Explosive Coaster™!

I've read that response like 8 times and I'm still not sure what point you're trying to make.

Anyways, its already freakishly warm and all the rain has passed, as long as the wind chills the f*ck out today is shaping up to be a great season finale on Six Flags Most Explosive Coaster™!

It sounds like he is saying, a 6PM closing allows SF to say customers had plenty of time to enjoy everything

It sounds like he is saying, a 6PM closing allows SF to say customers had plenty of time to enjoy everything

Nah, I got it. My response was more of a critique on that complicated word salad.

There was new theming for 2019 at Skull Mountain today. A bat flying in the station and inside the ride area.

Oh man how did we miss this?!! We only rode The Mountain once, since it actually had a wait all day (we wound up only waiting -10 mins around 5/6ish).

The park was awesome yesterday. Was surprisingly busy for January 1st, not so surprising considering the temps during the daytime and the fact that they had a rather impressive fireworks display that it seemed everyone stayed for. We popped in Sesame on the way over so Bill could finally ride Wacky Taxi and they were pretty busy for NYD too.

In all fairness, that's really not that long of a line comparatively.

It's a long line for January 1st (and about the longest line you'll see for Nitro on most days, it's almost never back to the switchbacks even in peak season). The 100 minute line a few days prior is unheard of for Nitro outside of Fright Fest (though it is running 2 trains as opposed to 3).

It was actually running pretty well for this time of year. It was no summertime night ride but it delivered some nice air and it was a ton of fun.

Batman is the ride that really, really hauls for Christmas.

As of yesterday El Diablo has been completely removed from the Rides Listings. I guess this is so long, and good riddance. I personally never had any problem with the ride, but the loss of Rolling Thunder for an extremely pointless queue and a carnival ride stung bad. Hopefully this opens up some land for a coaster in RT's spot in the coming years.

If Great Adventure opened a week or two before SFNE as they have done in past years, I'd try to make it down for opening weekend, but they open the same weekend this year. I came close to going to Great Adventure's opening day last year until they were unable to clear away the snow from earlier in the week.