TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Posted Images

Larry would you like me to add you to the Great Adv facebook groups? Would some screenshots (dozens? hundreds?) suffice? While (thankfully) I don't see it much here, the locals are spoiled whiney brats that sound like broken record players with that line about "no original coasters in 12 years".

No, why the hell would I want to read that garbage. Let me live in the TPR world where those that post in the SFGAdv thread are reasonable.

Do yourself a favor and stop reading those Facebook pages? Find something more productive to do with your spare time.

Do yourself a favor and stop reading those Facebook pages? Find something more productive to do with your spare time.

You sound just like the voice inside my head.

As I recall, WW:LOT is going right where Stuntman's Freefall used to be?

That's right. Great Adventure History has a couple good photos from their latest trip report that show off the construction site.

This is purely speculation but it seems like Great Adventure's removals this year (King Cobra and El Diablo) are likely a response to frivolous lawsuits. It seems like they just want to get these rides out of America and send them to normal countries where people aren't so unbearably stupid.

The El Diablo lawsuit was apparently because the redundant seatbelt broke and the rider injured herself "struggling" to hold on to a normal restraint that was functioning exactly as designed. The King Cobra lawsuit (for 3 million dollars) was because the riders didn't read the rules of the ride and hurt themselves because they were way over the ride's weight limit which led to excessive speed.

Part of me is glad that this super loop is being relocated, since I don't think it ever really fit at a large "flagship" park like Great Adventure, but I'm also a little disappointed because assuming this one stayed and the one going to La Ronde was new, the only two parks in the entire chain of 15 parks without a super loop would have been Magic Mountain and Mexico! I wanted Six Flags to complete their collection! lol

I'll be honest, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just replace it with a newer model like Delirious that runs an automatic program and don't say anything. That rumor has been floating around for awhile and (while this barely matters since the Six Flags web team isn't generally the quickest) El Diablo is still on the website and only listed as "Closed for the Season" along with every other ride that won't run for Holiday in the Park.

I went on El Diablo twice since it's been in the park, both times in an end seat and I got the WORST, WORST, WORST case of motion sickness. I take Bonine to be safe, but as of lately I don't need it anymore, but I was on it both times I rode El Diablo and I still got disgustingly nauseous from it. So all I can say for that ride is "Good riddance"

...the only two parks in the entire chain of 15 parks without a super loop would have been Magic Mountain and Mexico! I wanted Six Flags to complete their collection! lol

A Super Loop at Magic Mountain? Them's fightin' words! I rode the one at Discovery Kingdom and had a splitting headache the rest of the day. They are not good rides at all, IMO.

You guys should throw a party to celebrate your Super Loop going away.

Just send the damn SuperLoop to a crappy SF park that already has one and slap a "World's First Dueling Loop coaster" and call it a day...

I can't wait to see what RMC has in store for GAdv!

I can't wait to see what RMC has in store for GAdv!

A friendly reminder that there is no confirmation of an RMC coming to Great Adventure, as I understand it it is purely a rumor.

Also fun fact: RMC in its early days pre NTG actually helped with the construction of El Toro!

I love the leftover track!

Kinda like a shrine to the past.

I highly agree! It was nice to see a piece of the defunct Rolling Thunder while walking along the way to Zumanjaro Drop of Doom during my first visit to the park this past July. I also enjoyed looking at all the historical plaques and the historical "hidden gems" during my visit.

I used to really appreciate that they left that track there, but now that they's a literal tree growing through it and the general area is filled with weeds, I wish they'd either clean the area or remove it entirely. It used to serve as a really nice memorial, but now it just looks lazy and downright abandoned.