TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I can't even imagine what a taller Giant Frisbee than Crazainity would look like. At that point you're reaching El Toro heights, and would easily take up all of the old Freefall location.

The nerd in me wonders how large these frisbees can actually get. I wonder what the "cap" is before the wear and tear on the motor and structure is too much.

I can't even imagine what a taller Giant Frisbee than Crazainity would look like. At that point you're reaching El Toro heights, and would easily take up all of the old Freefall location.

The nerd in me wonders how large these frisbees can actually get. I wonder what the "cap" is before the wear and tear on the motor and structure is too much.

I wonder the same thing too!

As a side note... as much as I enjoy the giant frisbees/giant discoveries they are starting to pop up everywhere and we are starting to get way saturated with them in my opinion.

Yeah what's wrong with putting a great ride in every park? Only enthusiasts would care since they're typically the only people that travel to different parks. Everyone else should get an awesome giant frisbee at their park.

I used to be bothered about flat ride saturation. But I now think about it like this:

Local: Sees cool and shiny new flat ride, gives it a whirl, most likely has fun.

Enthusiast: If they like that kind of flat, it's one more thing to do while at the park if time allows. If not, then people queuing for the shiny new flat aren't queuing for the coasters said enthusiast probably came for.

Let's build 'em bigger and find out!

Six Flags could install a Zamperla Giant Discovery in literally every single park in the chain and I would see no issue whatsoever.

I agree with this take 100%. Pretty much every park as a drop tower of some sort, so why shouldn't they all get Giant Discoveries? They are great rides, have good capacity, and the GP (and most enthusiasts) love them. Having recently visited SFGAdv for the first time, I felt that it was an all around great park and had pretty much every kind of ride and coaster you could ask for except for a giant frisbee. Crazanity has been a huge hit at SFMM and revitalized a dead area of the park. I think something similar would be a huge hit at SFGAdv as well.

Now, if we were saturated with screaming swings I would be in heaven. One of my top 10 favorite flat rides.

Right? Everyones salivating over this supposed giga coming to BGW and I'm over here likecardi.gif.86fc12ee19e6826e3efafdbe65209a23.gif

Now, if we were saturated with screaming swings I would be in heaven. One of my top 10 favorite flat rides.

Right? Everyones salivating over this supposed giga coming to BGW and I'm over here like[attachment=0]cardi.gif[/attachment]

Glenwood Caverns has you covered.

Giant frisbees, Screamin' Swings, and whatever the hell Samurai at Lagoon is are my favorite flats. After those three I really can't think of anything other than maybe that ridiculous Rodeo ride at SFOT

Samurai is a top scan and they're literally one of my favorite flat rides ever. I would 100% be okay with GADV getting all 3. Top Scan, Screamin' Swing and a frisbee.