TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Had a rad night at the park tonight. A few takeaways.

We arrived to potential thunderstorms and everything was shut down. We ate and hung out til it passed and we were surprised that at 8pm a mostly empty park came back to life and we took full advantage.

El Toro is running like a dream. I rode it again in the front, also the magic seat but seriously what is happening to me. I still love the back, but the front, guys. Amazing.

Fantastic sunset ride on Bizarro in the back with all effects working. I will punch you if you talk bad about this ride.

The girl running Nitro who was clearly over it and resorted to just saying "enjoyyournitrobye" at every dispatch was the greatest thing ever. We got a bunch of back seat night rides and it was absolutely hauling.

We got a ride just before park close on front row of Ka and as we pulled out on the launch track the fireworks started to our right. The ride itself was smooth as butter, first time ever Ka didn't hurt me. Best ride I've ever had on it, and the fireworks going off ad we twisted down the drop and flew over the airtime hill... incredible.

This f*cking foam party business after park close, oh my god.

I echo this!

We just spent 3 days at this park and had a blast! The coke foam party was a great end to a great day. Ill be posting a trip report soon.

I will visiting six flags great adventure for the first time ever on July 25th (a Wednesday) but unfortunately I only can visit for the last 2-4 hours of the park being open. I am getting a platinum flash pass so I can ride every coaster (hopefully multiple times). I was wondering if someone in this discussion thread knows when they start to close the lines for the rides and which ones typically have the longest lines. Also I would appreciate any tips about the park. Thanks!

My only tip is don't buy a flash pass in advance.

But he wants multiple rides, even with station waits on most coasters, it would still take two hours, skipping the queues saves a lot of time. Without Fast pass he might bit get multiple rides.

Even with Platinum Flash Pass that’s a tall order. A few tips:

Ride Ka first if it’s open since it’s an unreliable POS. The front is the best by far, but since you’re pretty much whoring the park, ride in row 2. It’ll suck but it’ll have the shortest line.

Luckily the best row on Toro is one from the back and it won’t have a long wait. Everyone clogs up the front of the train because they’re stupid.

Save Dark Knight for last. It takes awhile since there’s a preshow and if you miss it, who cares?

I will visiting six flags great adventure for the first time ever on July 25th (a Wednesday) but unfortunately I only can visit for the last 2-4 hours of the park being open. I am getting a platinum flash pass so I can ride every coaster (hopefully multiple times). I was wondering if someone in this discussion thread knows when they start to close the lines for the rides and which ones typically have the longest lines. Also I would appreciate any tips about the park. Thanks!

Just to put things in perspective, this past Tuesday night the park had no crowds, in just under two hours we managed

3 rides on Nitro

2 on El Toro and

1 ride each on Kingda Ka, Runaway Mine Train, Bizarro, and Sky Way. We were lucky due to the extreme heat the crowds stayed away. We didn't rush but we had absolutely no waits outside of a 5-7 minute wait for the front row @ Toro. Everything else was a walk-on or one train wait.

So realistically, unless you are sprinting from ride to ride with Platinum FP, you're either gonna be able to ride all of the coasters once or ride the 4-5 really good ones a few times. Consider that the park is huge and spread out. My report about our visit on Tuesday is here.

Never been back stage in first aid until today. It's a scorcher here, folks. One ride on the Bull and my buddy is down for the count. Just some heat exhaustion, but be careful and stay hydrated.

I remember one year I went to Magic Mountain. We walked over 4 or 5 people who passed out in the lines.

I remember one year I went to Magic Mountain. We walked over 4 or 5 people who passed out in the lines.
That seems helpful.
Can someone tell me more about this foam party business??
It's just a late night dance party at Six Flags with a DJ poorly mixing awful saccharine dance pop to some lights and foam being pumped at the crowd who I guess kinda were dancing in it? I found it to be less "this is fun!" and more "this is awkward...?" I dunno. Maybe it's cause I'm 40.

That seems helpful.

No it wasnt, they were really inconveniencing us.

In all seriousness, they had their parties fanning them while someone looked for security. What else are you supposed to do besides step over them and keep moving up the line?

Blame Six Flags for the horrendous lack of shade.

That seems helpful.

No it wasnt, they were really inconveniencing us.

In all seriousness, they had their parties fanning them while someone looked for security. What else are you supposed to do besides step over them and keep moving up the line?

Blame Six Flags for the horrendous lack of shade.

I wouldn't go that far as to blame Six Flags for the high heat. When the heat gets to a certain point you get can dehydrated and pass out even in the shade. When its hot its up to you as a person to make sure you are staying hydrated, eat foods that are good for the heat, and pay attention to your body. It will give you signals when its had enough. Now, do I think more shade is needed in parks? Yes, especially when you are in line or waiting on a break run. But when push comes to shove its you to you to take care of your body.

Here you go

Will you come down and help me set it up? We might need to get Tom and Poop to assist, but a case of beer and free rides and I'm sure they'll be in.