TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Go Saturday or Sunday. The wind forecast looks fine on Sunday, but Saturday if your safest bet I guess.

There's a good chance they'll close early tomorrow "due to inclement weather", especially since it's a Friday in April. It's possible that they'll have a lot of school groups show up and then the "inclement weather" will miraculously be of no concern, but you still have to hope the rain stops when it's expected to so you can ride Kingda Ka. I wouldn't go tomorrow.

As for the Flash Pass concerns I give up trying to predict crowd levels at this park. I expected the place to be slammed last weekend and the lines ever even reached the Flash Pass merge point.

I could just as easily see lines for rides like Kingda Ka reaching 90 minutes on Saturday as I could see them maxing out at 10 minutes.

Well we went Saturday in the end, beautiful day, and didn’t wait for anything all day! Started with kingda ka, as someone who hasnt been on a real coaster since i was 10 (30 years ago), that was intense more so than bungee jumping or sky diving. I knew it would be fast but did not expect that. Rode it two more times before it shut down for a bit, did the drop a couple times, toro a couple times, Superman, skull mountain, Batman, and nitro a couple times. Never waited more than 10 min for anything, amazing. Totally forgot about bizarro though guess I didn’t see it, thanks for all the advice guys and sooooooo glad I didn’t buy fast passes

So am I correct in that you go to a ride and get a return time basically, and then can ride other things while you're waiting? How long of a window do you have to show up for your time then? Also, with the no loose article policy on Joker, Ka, and Toro, do they let you hold onto them for the ride? These might be dumb questions but any help would be great!

You actually don't need to go to the ride to reserve it. You can reserve a ride from the q-bot device from across the park if you want. The time you reserve is displayed on the device. You can cancel a ride reservation at any time and pick a new one if you choose. You can go to a ride ANY time after your time is past... so if you wait 2 hours for food you can still get on whatever ride you reserved last. You can clip the device onto your clothes and they don't consider a loose article. Yes you can ride other things while you wait.

Protip: don't wait until you get off the ride to reserve your next ride. You can schedule the next ride the moment they scan your pass so do it in the station as soon as they scan it as to not waste any time.

I think that's everything.

The path from El Toro to Kingda Ka was open on Saturday. I asked the kid that was sweeping the area if it had been open earlier this year (understanding that he has no knowledge of future plans). He said he was New this year and didn't even know the path existed.

I kept watching the ride yesterday as it was moving up thinking it might start testing. Then when I saw it stopped for a few minutes, I went to Justice League and checked back, repeating that a few times but it never did test. Yesterday was one of the better days at the park I had in a while. Crowds were so low, that one of the times I rode Justice League, the line was completely empty and I had my own car which made it easier to not have any competition going for the high value targets. Even with the park so empty, 3 trains were still being run at Kingda Ka, Nitro and Bizarro.

Some of the snack stands are now selling sandwiches and wraps that can be used with the dining pass. That should be helpful on days when the food lines elsewhere are bad.

Not the best photo but another shot from Great Adventure Online, showing off the lighting package. Hopefully we'll get some video soon.

Cybor.jpg.fe5e8697cf0bcd21d1c403cb232440b7.jpg

edit: Also, sign is finished. Photo by C.J. in the Great Adv Connoisseurs group.

cybsign.jpg.2ef648f074d5d7ff9716a0bca0f885ae.jpg

Edited by boldikus

Not the best photo but another shot from Great Adventure Online, showing off the lighting package. Hopefully we'll get some video soon.

wow. . looks like it's gonna be a stunner.

I know that Harley at SFoT is right next to Joker. . but I really wish they had themed that one to Cyborg as well (and simply kept the Harley themed troika they already had).

really loving the Cyborg theming on this guy at SFGAdv!

wow. . looks like it's gonna be a stunner.

I know that Harley at SFoT is right next to Joker. . but I really wish they had themed that one to Cyborg as well (and simply kept the Harley themed troika they already had).

really loving the Cyborg theming on this guy at SFGAdv!

I agree, the mechanical, robotic nature of the ride really seems to fit Cyborg a lot better. Can't wait to see this in person and finally ride it!

Wow, that Cyborg ride looks amazing! I will surely get sick just watching it but what a cool looking flat ride with a stellar lighting package. Could someone remind me where exactly in the park this is being installed?

^ Between/across from Showcase Theater and Justice League.

It's funny how 3-4 years ago so many of us wished for them to do something about this "dead" area of the park and its finally coming together. I find myself less interested in riding this and more interested in what it looks like, and how the area is shaping up. I'm not holding my breath but a giant frisbee back here next year would round it out nicely. There's certainly still a good amount of space for more flats or small coaster.

Oh and also of note: David in the Great Adv Conn group pointed out that the kiddie waterplay structure thing near Kingda Ka has (construction?) fence all around it. The collective assumption over there is its being ripped out. But let's not forget this is the same park that let the Old Country rides rot behind a fence for 10 years. I guess we'll see, its not like its taking up much space.

david.jpg.74b76b20db026d1e54fbd954a6685b11.jpg

The whole Golden Kingdom over-expansion deal has always just been the biggest "WTF, Six Flags" to me. I can't believe how quickly most of the new land got closed off and how they ripped out Ka's massive old queue. Glad to see them doing something with it.

I secretly hope they don't put a Giant Discovery in there, because the odds are it would be themed to DC. Shit, who am I kidding. Anything they add will be themed to DC. I just personally don't want to see DC stuff pop up around the Golden Kingdom (DC in Africa, really?) but odds are against my desires. Plus there's still a lot of space left to fill in the Old Country. I would be shocked if they kept the area as the Golden Kingdom and added apporpraitely themed rides, but one can dream.

I don't know though. Maybe there is still hope considering we got Zum a couple years ago? Who knows.

But I digress. The path is open between the two best rides in the park; a dream of mine that so far has come true.

^ I can't figure out if your comment about the Giant Discovery is in response to what I said but just to clarify if they were to put one in (I'm not holding my breath) I think it should go in Metropolis/Movietown/near JLBFM & Cyborg, since they have more space back there, though for a ride that size it might require some tree removal which would be lame.

Anyways, it was a separate thought from my comment about the kiddie thing in Golden Kingdom. I think most of us would agree if they put a giant frisbee, they would likely theme it to something DC-related and I think most of us would also agree it would be dumb to put it in Golden Kingdom. I'd rather see some family or kiddie flats go back in Golden Kingdom, since there is absolutely nothing for kids to do back there.