TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Let's see...given that I would have to try the weird sh%t that I wouldn't be able to get anywhere around here, I would go with:

* An Aussie meat pie

* Meat and cheese rice ball

* Anything from the Korean Fusion truck

* The mac and cheese cone?

* Anything with guac, although Avocado Ice Cream? That just sounds all sorts of wrong, but I would still try it!

Can't wait to see the beer offerings!

• Replies 21.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

Take a ride on the defunct "Batman & Robin: The Chiller" Roller Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure! VIDEO:  

Posted Images

Waffles & Wedges - Belgian Waffles

giphy.gif

^ Knew that was coming as soon as I saw "Belgian waffles" without Waffle de Lys being mentioned. Seriously WTF guys? I see some returning names but their omission is a crime.

From the newsroom:

Park to Host Final Job Fair Before Opening

Six Flags Great Adventure today announced that it is has raised the wages of key park positions for the 2018 season, which kicks off March 24. Jobs in culinary services, ride operations and park services (janitorial) begin at $10 to $10.50 per hour for day shift and $10.50 to $11.50 for night shift, an approximate $2 per hour increase over 2017.

“This wage increase is a demonstration of our commitment to being the employer of choice for central New Jersey,” said Christine Parker, Six Flags’ director of human resources and administration.

Recently named one of the Nation’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® by The National Association for Business Resources for the second year in a row, Six Flags offers a wide variety of positions and paid internships, and provides team members many benefits including advancement opportunities, reward and recognition programs, educational scholarships, free park admission, incentives from area businesses and much more.

New applicants can walk in to the Employment Center without an appointment during regular operating hours, or visit one of two spring job fairs. The park will host its final job fair prior to the March 24 season opening on March 11. New applicants are encouraged to visit www.sixflagsjobs.com to complete an online pre-employment application, and rehires can complete their online rehire packet.

Six Flags Spring Hiring Events

Job Fairs on March 11 and May 12 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. All new applicants are welcome. Six Flags Employment Center.

Employment Center Walk-Ins – Mondays to Fridays from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. All rehires and new applicants are welcome.

Where to Apply:

Six Flags Great Adventure’s Employment Center located at 1 Six Flags Blvd., Jackson, NJ 08527. Enter via Employment Entrance approximately one mile west of main park entrance.

Available Positions:

Ride operations

Retail

Games

Park services

Culinary services

Admissions

Guest relations/VIP services

Market research

Loss prevention

Security

Landscaping

Safari guides

Lifeguards

Entertainment performers and show technical support

Accounting

Cash control

Corporate alliance brand ambassadors

Public relations

Human resources

• 2 weeks later...

This is super random and a long shot that any of you will know what I'm talking about, but...Shortly after El Toro opened there was filming done for I believe a Japanese TV show. Do any of you happen to have the final episode that came from that filming or a link to any of the footage online? This just randomly popped in to my head recently and I realized I never was able to track down that footage back then. Thanks!

Have they received any Tourbillion parts up there at SFGAdv yet. Here at SFOT, the parts are just sitting behind a fence waiting to be assembled, which they probably won't do for some time yet.

Edited by Sportsdude360
Have the received any Tourbillion parts up there at SFGAdv yet. Here at SFOT, the parts are just sitting behind a fence waiting to be assembled, which they probably won't do for some time yet.

Parts have began to arrive and are sitting in the employee parking lot.

IMG_3351.thumb.jpg.ce46d32192b1e2b9d1a2898121c2e77b.jpg

^ Nice! These parts will probably just sit in the employee parking lot for another month before being assembled. I can't imagine it would take more than a day to put this thing together.

Below are the parts for Harley Quinn Spinsanity just sitting behind that fence here at SFOT. Heaven forbid they should try to put it together before another month goes by.

20180314_195719.thumb.jpg.5e3d1aded82a3216b997902111791d6c.jpg

Here are the parts for our Tourbillion here at SFOT just sitting there behind that fence.

I'm visiting the park pretty soon and the weather report doesn't look too good, the high looks to be 50 with a 50% chance of rain. Do the coasters run in the rain? I've been to some parks like Dollywood where they run the coasters (including Lightning Rod) in the rain, and then others (cough) Cedar Point (cough) that completely close every coaster when it starts sprinkling.

I don't know when you're visiting the park, but it's too early to waste your time looking at a weather report since they don't open until next weekend.

All coasters except Kingda Ka will run in a category 5 hurricane if the park is busy but if it's drizzling and the weather keeps the crowds away and the park is losing money then they'll close the park for your safety.

Yeah I know it's early, but I can't help myself. I'll be visiting on March 31st if I get into town early enough, and April 1st the entire day. But it's good to know they care so much about my safety...

^ Basically this. I'm guilty when planning faraway trips but its pointless because I know it can and will change. If you're planning on going to any park this time of year, just accept that anything is possible an its best to not worry about it til a few days before, especially parks in the Northeast this time of year because its so all over the place. The last few weeks we've had a succession of annoying snowstorms and then beautiful sunny days will temps in the 50s. Also, sometimes it snows in April.

LOL, guys, I know it's ridiculous. Again, I can't help myself. I know I shouldn't worry about it because I will be there no matter what, but I have to check and will do so everyday until the 31st...

The hours for opening weekend keep getting reduced. First Sunday went from an 8 pm to 6 pm closing, now Saturday changed to a 6 pm closing as well.

That's a bummer they're reduced, but I'm guessing the cooler forecast may help keep people away anyway.

7.5 hours is more than enough time to get my rides on El Toro.

The hours for opening weekend keep getting reduced. First Sunday went from an 8 pm to 6 pm closing, now Saturday changed to a 6 pm closing as well.

the park is gonna be dead. everyone is heading over to KD for the opening of a RMC, Twisted Timbers. Whats the point to go to SFgadv for nothing new.

the park is gonna be dead. everyone is heading over to KD for the opening of a RMC, Twisted Timbers. Whats the point to go to SFgadv for nothing new.

you know NYC and Philly are full of people who don't give two sh*ts about Twisted Timbers or Kings Dominion right?

I totally called that but I also don't really understand why they went with postponing opening weekend. I am hearing Jackson got 9-12 inches, but we got 7.5 here in Philly and its already rapidly melting and will continue to do so as its going up to almost 50 the next two days. Definitely going to be gone by Saturday.

I think the biggest issue, just a guess, is the fact that the rides didn't have enough time to do thorough testing. Just because the weather will be ok this weekend doesn't mean all the rides are ready to go since they haven't exactly had the best weather the last few weeks for testing purposes. Yes I know a lot of the rides ran in 15 degree temperatures for HITP but it's not ideal for first runs I would think.

Edited by anonymouscactus