TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

So it's 23 degrees. Nitro and Lantern ran all day until about an hour after sundown when they both sh*t the bed. Joker never opened. Batman and Superman are both engaged in an endurance test to see which will be the last one standing.

My money is obviously on Batman.

Edited by coasterbill

So it's 23 degrees. Nitro and Lantern ran all day until about an hour after sundown when they both sh*t the bed. Joker never opened. Batman and Superman are both engaged in an endurance test to see which will be the last one standing.

^^ Nevermind, they reopened Nitro 20 minutes before closing and started it after a 2 hour closure for the last 20 minutes of the night at 19 degrees. Holy sh*t.

Lantern reopened too.

^^ Nevermind, they reopened Nitro 20 minutes before closing and started it after a 2 hour closure for the last 20 minutes of the night at 19 degrees. Holy sh*t.

Lantern reopened too.

That is absolutely unbelievable. Was it a windy day to possibly shut those two down as opposed to just the temps themselves?

And at SFA, they only ran the woodies and closed them at 6:30. Admittedly I wouldn't have rode them much later and would have liked to been done by then due to the cold, but the place is one of the hardest places to get to in the world for what it is, and traffic was horrendous (yes I should have known better). They were still running Fireball when I left, proving even they don't think it's a coaster.

Lantern reopened too.

That is absolutely unbelievable. Was it a windy day to possibly shut those two down as opposed to just the temps themselves?

It was pretty windy yesterday, at least 50 miles southwest in Philly. I'm honestly surprised they opened any of the B&Ms at all. I'm curious to see how they fare the remainder of this week.

I'm curious to see how they fare the remainder of this week.

Me too. It sounds like crowd levels were perfectly respectable yesterday which is amazing. Justice League briefly posted at 45 minutes.

I'm sure the rides won't take kindly to the weather this week, but I'm blown away by how hard they're working to keep them running. When Nitro went down last night and had been down for almost 2 hours on a 19 degree night with 20 minutes left before close I would have given it a 0% chance of reopening. I don't know how this will go for the rest of the week, but I really appreciate their effort.

I was thinking about originally going on Friday, but then I saw the temperatures and figured nothing would be open and it wouldn't be worth the drive. Now I am reconsidering.

Lets see how long it operates this evening and how cold it will get.

Sorry to doublepost, but right now its 21 in Jackson (and "feels like 10").

Batman currently has a 10 minute wait.

I gotta admit I kinda wish I was there.

edit: Nitro and Batman sh*t the bed about an hour ago. Lantern is still running, and surprisingly after no signs of life all day Superman is now open.

Great Adventure is amazing, but this also happened today

Mind Eraser ran until park close at SFNE when it was 10 degrees. TEN DEGREES

... that's next level

PS: Great Adventure opened Superman for the first time all day after sundown when it was about 18 degrees and ran it the rest of the night.

Edited by coasterbill

Today should be really interesting. Its pretty windy and absolutely bitter cold. I hate to say it but I have a sinking feeling the B&Ms might be done for the year.