TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I hope there's a stand next to it selling umbrellas to protect spectators from all the vomit that's sure to be flying off it.

What we need is a "Smilie" like the one above, only with projectile vomit flying out every which way! That will perfectly represent these two new flats!

According to what I have read about these, the experience more than any other ride on the actual program. The original program took 3 years to develop (?). Of course people will complain it's too mild while I still expect I'd feel like I'm going to die after.

So it looks like the whole thing leans over to load and unload?

Edited by bill_s

Watching that video I definitely don't think I can ride all the time lol I'll definitely give it a shot though and maybe I'll surprise myself by not getting sick on it lol

I also agree about Old Country getting more love, hopefully they open up that path now with this and justice league being there. I don't mind the extra walking but if you're trying to get across the park quickly to get some more El Toro rides in that path being open would help big time.

I wasn't expecting a coaster this year but I'm still hoping we get some sort of RMC in 2019 or 2020 because a local RMC would be amazing.

^ You don't consider the RMC at SFNE local?

I love Wicked Cyclone but it's over a 3 hour ride without traffic for me and there's almost always traffic heading up that way so it's usually closer to 4+ hours so no I don't consider that local for me at least.

Finally, Cyborg gets some love.

Absolutely! Like this name/theme a lot better than yet another Harley Quinn Spinsanity like Texas is doing.

I better hear some, "BOOYAH's" from the riders!

Booyah! This crazy awesome. Great Adventure just keeps on winning. So happy to see these come to the states.

Just a fact check:

This is abc rides, correct? Do any other manufacturers make a version of this?

I haven't seen it OFFICIAL anywhere, but everyone is assuming. I would hope Six Flags wouldn't build a Chinese Knockoff version of this!

Just a fact check:

This is abc rides, correct? Do any other manufacturers make a version of this?

I made that assumption when I listed it on the first page of the thread, I have not heard of any other companies with a similar ride. I did check ABC's website this morning (5AM EST) and didn't see any announcement/recognition of the installation at this.

However, I think one of the press releases mentioned the ride as a Tourbillon, which is ABC's model name for this ride. However, now I've just seen that Robb updated LaRonde announcement to show LaRonde's "Tourbillon" is actually a scrambler.

Edited by larrygator

I think one of my favorite aspects of the new addition is its placement. Many of us assumed the new addition would replace the Autobahn building. However, based on the rendering, the ride will replace that closed food stand, right by the Garden of Eatin' entrance. This will allow for future expansion in the Autobahn spot in the future (maybe Giant Discovery in 2019?). It does mean we'll lose a few more trees, though, but it's a small price to pay.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.c19246164d2028bdb6ff7233f2a94845.jpg

I still think we are 1 or 2 rides away from the Old Country path being re-opened.

Me too. I don't see them opening it up full time until something is in Autobahn's spot as well as Enterprise's old one.

It's been open on and off this year, a few times I went I've been able to walk through it, they would then shut it later at night.

I'm referring to (and I think Larry is as well) reopening the pathway full time, including removing the fencing.

Edited by michaellynn4

I like the addition. The park has slowly built up their non-coaster lineup over the past 6 years after Snyder ripped out a bunch of rides and simply left concrete slabs. Adventure Alley, Safari, Zumanjaro, El Diablo, JL and now Cyborg are all fantastic additions to boost the lineup. I also really liked them revitalizing the Lakefront with Joker, and now Old Country is one step closer to being complete. The only major, vacant eyesore left will be the old simulator building.

I am hoping to finally get an RMC next year, though. With SFOG getting Twisted Cyclone, we are the last major SF park to not have one. With all of the problems they have had this year, I have a gut feeling either RMT or Log Flume's days are numbered. It would suck to lose either ride, but both rides are deteriorating and sitting on prime real estate. Other potential locations I could see are the old Freefall/Batman Stunt Show plot of land, the simulator building/go-karts plot, or somewhere to the right of Zumanjaro's queue/behind Toro.

I still think we are 1 or 2 rides away from the Old Country path being re-opened.

It's been open on and off this year, a few times I went I've been able to walk through it, they would then shut it later at night.

They always have it open when there are groups in the park using the picnic grove. That's likely why its been open when you've seen that.

The only major, vacant eyesore left will be the old simulator building.

Its used a a FF trail and for game prize storage. Not vacant.