TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1902226783359372&id=100007162068288&set=gm.1248796118562678&source=57&refid=18&ref=group_header&__tn__=EH-R

SF released a little b-roll video today that included an animation of Nitro with a different paint scheme (seen in link above). Normally I wouldn't put much stock in it, but it is odd how Nitro is the only animated ride in that video. It does have Nitro's train design. I would much prefer them to keep the unique scheme it's always had, but if it is either no paint job or the new color scheme, give me the new paint.

Lol don't get your hopes up. This is still Six Flags we're talking. That's Goliath at La Ronde that they used in that video and the colors were edited to look like Nitro. #SixFlagsAdvertising

The park was supposed to paint Superman two years ago and that still hasn't happened

Bracing myself for a Skywarp version of Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso right in the middle of the Golden Kingdom.

The direction this park has gone ever since consecutively adding the two most impressive additions in Six Flags history has been brutal. I understand they were in great financial trouble after Golden Kingdom and Plaza Del Carnaval, but at the same they're still kind of riding the success of those additions to this day.

Bracing myself for a Skywarp version of Wonder Woman's Golden Lasso right in the middle of the Golden Kingdom.

The direction this park has gone ever since consecutively adding the two most impressive additions in Six Flags history has been brutal. I understand they were in great financial trouble after Golden Kingdom and Plaza Del Carnaval, but at the same they're still kind of riding the success of those additions to this day.

Wouldn't you? If it isn't broke don't fix it.

Probably an airborne cell phone that made it past the pat downs.

Wouldn't surprise me but don't wanna jump to conclusions until we find out what this is about yet. If it is something like that though gotta think it's only a matter of time before metal detectors are put in, at least on this ride.

EDIT: App.com has retracted it's news story, and it appears that the ride is operational again, although that is yet to be confirmed

How many times are you going to change your story? First it was your friend's cousin at the park, then a TV station, now a website. Grow up.

20170808_161340.thumb.png.ee465ebd91ba7fe49c7a424edf3a8817.png

Your friend's cousin first

20170808_161458.thumb.png.888c2f5cef1943a148f4b85d18b9db5d.png

Now a TV broadcast

I'd be very disappointed if we got a Skywarp. It is actually shorter than El Diablo and would be way too similar. I have a gut feeling we won't be seeing it here, though. I'm expecting a world's first flat of some sort, but not a Skywarp. Could definitely see those models popping up at SF parkers without superloops as the capacity seems to be better and it is a tad more eye-catching.

Honestly, the park really should take a year of capital investments to simply put TLC into existing structures. Superman is terribly faded and is one of the first things you see when you pull in, Nitro is going on 17 years old without ever getting a paintjob, the tent structures look run down, the Boardwalk is completely washed out, etc... That isn't even including $ they could put towards finishing OC and having that path reconnect, either opening or demolishing the old simulator building, adding lights and some life back into the GK, possibly refurbrishing or replacing KK's trains, a full rehab of RMT and the Log Flume (both of which had many problems this year), etc... Since I'm enthusiast I will always eagerly anticipate an RMC coming our way, but so much around the park needs a lot of work done.

Honestly, the park really should take a year of capital investments to simply put TLC into existing structures. Superman is terribly faded and is one of the first things you see when you pull in, Nitro is going on 17 years old without ever getting a paintjob, the tent structures look run down, the Boardwalk is completely washed out, etc... That isn't even including $ they could put towards finishing OC and having that path reconnect, either opening or demolishing the old simulator building, adding lights and some life back into the GK, possibly refurbrishing or replacing KK's trains, a full rehab of RMT and the Log Flume (both of which had many problems this year), etc... Since I'm enthusiast I will always eagerly anticipate an RMC coming our way, but so much around the park needs a lot of work done.

They'll never do this but I'd have no problem if they did. Honestly from a marketing perspective it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as even most of the locals around here absolutely consider GreatAdv to be the least "nice" compared to the major regional competition (Dorney, Hershey, Moreys).

"New for 2018... we're spending a bunch of $$$ cleaning the place up a whole bunch!!!!"

Locals, even non-enthusiasts, would eat it up. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I'd love for the park to give the entire place some sorely needed TLC. A couple coats of paint, some new pavement and clearing away dead ends (paintball building) would go a long way towards improving the park more than any ride could. But I'm not going to hold my breath, either.

Edited by Genx24

They'll never do this but I'd have no problem if they did. Honestly from a marketing perspective it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world as even most of the locals around here absolutely consider GreatAdv to be the least "nice" compared to the major regional competition (Dorney, Hershey, Moreys).

"New for 2018... we're spending a bunch of $$$ cleaning the place up a whole bunch!!!!"

Locals, even non-enthusiasts, would eat it up. But I'm not gonna hold my breath.

See, I don't know, I see things differently. I've had the same thought of "How would marketing advertise a year of TLC?" and felt it would never happen because most people coming to the park would s**t all over that. I just don't think it would entice people the way you think it would, otherwise we'd have seen it before elsewhere.

Has any park used TLC in a "New for..." marketing plan?

See, I don't know, I see things differently. I've had the same thought of "How would marketing advertise a year of TLC?" and felt it would never happen because most people coming to the park would s**t all over that. I just don't think it would entice people the way you think it would, otherwise we'd have seen it before elsewhere.

Has any park used TLC in a "New for..." marketing plan?

Unless it is coupled with maybe some new shows or something, it isn't something to be advertised. However, improving the little things will help people keep.coming back. The entire park experience would be greatly improved with a couple million dollars worth of TLC.