TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

They were also handing out the boarding tickets to keep track of the line on El Toro and nitro (the only 2 I went on) but the problem was there were no lines so why bother doing this? The staff wasn't checking them anyway and there was no reason to. Just pointless.

People have been complaining for years about line cutting at GAdv. It has always been one of the biggest gripes I've heard from people. Even if it was dead I am glad they are still making an effort to deter line cutters. During my last visit that ticket helped prevent one kid from cutting about 10 people through El Toro's switchbacks. It was also a walkon that day, but the point is it did its job.

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Posted Images

They were also handing out the boarding tickets to keep track of the line on El Toro and nitro (the only 2 I went on) but the problem was there were no lines so why bother doing this? The staff wasn't checking them anyway and there was no reason to. Just pointless.

People have been complaining for years about line cutting at GAdv. It has always been one of the biggest gripes I've heard from people. Even if it was dead I am glad they are still making an effort to deter line cutters. During my last visit that ticket helped prevent one kid from cutting about 10 people through El Toro's switchbacks. It was also a walkon that day, but the point is it did its job.

The worker at El Toro wasn't checking any of them even though there was a very small line and Nitro I walked straight into the station, it really just seems like a waste unless there's actually a line, especially when they aren't bothering to check.

I'd honestly rather see them stick a security guard at rides where this is actually a problem and have them take care of it instead of this system. Are there any other parks out there that do the paper system?

The worker at El Toro wasn't checking any of them even though there was a very small line and Nitro I walked straight into the station, it really just seems like a waste unless there's actually a line, especially when they aren't bothering to check.

I'd honestly rather see them stick a security guard at rides where this is actually a problem and have them take care of it instead of this system. Are there any other parks out there that do the paper system?

Just giving out the tickets cuts out a good number of line cutters. Also, on busier days I have seen them check the numbers, so I'm sure they are doing it on slow days just to keep it as the standard (even if they aren't keeping an eye on the order these days).

With El Toro there are places for people exiting the ride to cut the line and get right back on line without walking back to the entrance. If you do not have a ticket because you entered in the wrong place you don't have a ticket to even hand the ticket taker. So you do prevent this abuse of the system.

Yesterday I had a fantastic day at the park! Not only was the weather very nice, but to my surprise, it was also Season Pass Appreciation weekend! They had a bunch of stuff going on such as ERT for certain coasters each day (but I got o the park after that happened) as well as discounts for pass holders. My mother and I ended up getting 2 t-shirts and a cap for only $18.50 at the end of the day.

Before all that, we entered the park not too long after it opened and went straight to the Safari. I got plenty of decent pictures of all the animals which I'll show of later. After that, we squeezed in two consecutive rides on Bizarro, which were both walk-ons because three trains were running. Also, all of the effects EXCEPT the flamethrowers were working when we rode it. Then we took the Skyride over to the other side of the park to get lunch. We went to the Primo's/Johnny Rockets near Nitro and it ended up taking us about 45 minutes just to get our food. I think that they must have been severely understaffed in there. Anyway, after that we went on Batman: The Ride twice in a row and got to see a snippet of our ride video; I have no idea how ling they're going to keep that up, but it's a very interesting concept.

After that, my mother went back to the car to rest while I stayed and went on the Joker by myself (thank goodness for the single riders line). Then I went on Nitro, which was a 15 minute wait, and tried to go by Justice League, but the wait was too long for me. I decided to go on Houdini for the heck of it and I ended up finishing the day with Kingda Ka for the first, and probably only, time this season. I reunited with my mother, who had since re-entered the park and rode Zumanjaro (which she keeps referring to as "Freefall" ) twice in a row.

It was a very nice day at the park for both of us, except for the fact that I lost my season pass card after we first entered the park, but I just got myself a new one at guest relations, so it was no big deal. The woman there even waived the replacement fee for the card, which was nice. Overall, 5 out of 6 Flags!

I'll post my pictures momentarily...

Pictures:

No more Golden Kingdom? Possible re-naming in the future?

A dazzle and a crash

I saw the little one in the front trying to escape!

So majestic!

Obligatory nature shot (behind Best Of the West).

Modern art masterpiece.

Loving the new blue paint!

They give these out now for all the major rides.

THIS is why you can't bring things on Ka anymore, people!

New painted Paralax!

Thanks for reading!

Hopefully they'll put it right next to Looping Diablo.

Well SF might not be done with superloops. There has been rumors of a La Ronde superloop and now today a SFGAm custom largest ever superloop. That would be hilarious if one of their teased records/firsts is the tallest superloop. Why not put the 9th and 10th superloops in the chain along with the 11th skyscreamer, and 2 more 4D's for good measure. Of course start the cloning of Skywarps b/c if they actually bought one, they will end up at many parks like superloops.

OMG relax its just a screamscape rumor. Not to say I wouldn't be surprised the park put one of these in, but I'll believe it when we have actual concrete evidence its happening, not screamscape dude just making random guesses.

OMG relax its just a screamscape rumor. Not to say I wouldn't be surprised the park put one of these in, but I'll believe it when we have actual concrete evidence its happening, not screamscape dude just making random guesses.

It is just a screamscape rumor, but would I be surprised? Absolutely not. Stranger things have happened.

If I recall correctly, the big knock on the Super Loops were that they were similar to a carnival ride. What carnival ride does Skywarp mirror.

I'll suspend judgement not just until the announcement but until after I ride it.

Hey, just wanted to throw something out there. One of my close friend's cousin currently works at Nitro and does the ticket checking for the line jumping stuff, and she just got word that she's being moved to a "new ride with boarding passes" for next year. This leads me to believe that whatever they're adding will be so cool, that enough people will try and jump the line to warrant a system like this. Just something I wanted to send out there to all the over-analyzers on TPR who will of course come to the conclusion that we're getting an RMC Trex or some other ridiculous thing like that.

Well, who WOULDN'T want to cut in line to get on a Skywarp ASAP?

Superloops are not coasters.

If they're not, then why would Six Flags say that? Doesn't make sense.

Edited by michaellynn4
A Skywarp would be an amazing addition. That would be 3 straight seasons with a new coaster.

Technically four.

Diablo (loopiest loop coaster we've ever had)

Joker

Justice league (has a virtual loop - definitely a coaster)

Skywarp

I'm certain I just made a hundred enthusiasts cry.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1902226783359372&id=100007162068288&set=gm.1248796118562678&source=57&refid=18&ref=group_header&__tn__=EH-R

SF released a little b-roll video today that included an animation of Nitro with a different paint scheme (seen in link above). Normally I wouldn't put much stock in it, but it is odd how Nitro is the only animated ride in that video. It does have Nitro's train design. I would much prefer them to keep the unique scheme it's always had, but if it is either no paint job or the new color scheme, give me the new paint.

People are putting this much stock into something screamscape posted?

I mean, it's probably a decent bet this Skywarp is coming, but consider the source; screamscape is wrong as often as he is right so don't sweat it.

And if it is true, another year, another flat. This is a good thing regardless of whether or not the ride meets your personal taste.