TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

People, the no-loose-articles policy not about phones or keys falling out of pockets. It's about idiots taking their phones out of their zippered pockets after they leave the station.

That's solved very easily. Post signs that say use of phones on rides will result in ejection from the park, no debate, no refund. Enforce on a few idiots and publicize it, problem solved.

SFNE had this policy and if you were caught, you were ejected and given a 5 year ban, but I don't see those signs any more.

"not so bad crowds" doesn't even begin to cover it. Kingda Ka generally runs 1 train and by the end of the night it's about 20 minutes between launches just because they can't fill the ride vehicle.

Bonus weekends are awesome and I highly recommend them.

How many people does KK need before it launches? (and I'm not surprised at all for the bonus weekends that only 1 train is being used)

They were trying to fill it (aside from maybe a few single riders here and there). Apparently they need semi consistent weights in each train to prevent rollbacks.

To clarify, every coaster was running at full capacity that weekend aside from Kingda Ka which was running 1 train for the reason I just mentioned.

So my trip to the park got moved up to today and I just got back and man they truly don't mess around with this loose article policy.... I'll post a report tomorrow because I'm exhausted but it was such an awesome day

To me its not that the policy bothers me. Its that its not consistent within the chain and then at every coaster in the park.

For me, its a principle thing. Its either a rule or not at every park and then every coaster.

Rides vary. If this argument is used to favor restrictions on everything, it makes things worse for everybody. "Fairness" is a terrible thing when it means rules must be consistent rather applied on a case by case basis.

I'd be more upset about it except the fact I did lose something out of my pocket on Toro. However my last visit was wearing jeans and zippers have nothing on pure tightness, I don't think I've ever lost a penny out of them...

Took a trip down to the park yesterday from 5 - closing. I haven't been on Kingda ka in over a year so we took a spin on that. I had no idea they issued line tickets for Ka now. They must have had a really bad incident for this to happen. Also on the queue Nick and I got caught underneath one of the fans spraying water for 20 minutes and by the time we moved we looked like we jumped into a pool lol.

Batman was closed, anyone have an idea as to why?

I had no idea they issued line tickets for Ka now. They must have had a really bad incident for this to happen.

They've been issuing these on Ka, Toro, Nitro and Joker for a good while now, at least back to Memorial Day weekend. I'm not sure why you think something really bad had to happen, I'd imagine the park was simply sick of dealing with line-jumping complaints.

I never in the past 15 years recieved any for Nitro, Toro or Joker and the only two times I have ever seen altercations in the park were in the station of Kingda Ka and the queue line. When patrons jump lines it tends to piss other patrons off which in turn leads to these altercations.

I never received a boarding pass before yesterday either. They were only giving them out at Ka at my time in the park, but I did see some strewn about Nitro's queue so I suppose they were giving them out there earlier in the day.

But when the employee taking the passes from us isn't even checking the numbers, it kind of defeats the purpose of them.

I have not been to the park at all this year yet. Holding out until Fright Fest to get plenty of night rides on the coasters.

So in regards to these numbered tickets... Do you have to get in line in the numbered order?

I personally think parks could implement building queue lines that are not easily jumped/skipped. The simple pole systems they use are way to easy to jump/skip.

The boarding passes are only issued on days where attendance is high enough. You can always depend on Ka to have a line (if it's open ) so they generally always give out boarding passes. The passes are assigned in order as you enter the line but don't have to be collected in the exact order since most people are in groups anyway. Like say if the person in front of you has #5 and you have #498, it's not going to work. But if you have number #8, you're fine.

Superman would greatly benefit from line tickets as well. Every time I ride it there are major issues with groups of thugs pushing their way through which always ends in an altercation.

Call the line cutters number. Have them ejected from the park. I have seen it done at other SF parks years ago.

The boarding passes are only issued on days where attendance is high enough. You can always depend on Ka to have a line (if it's open ) so they generally always give out boarding passes. The passes are assigned in order as you enter the line but don't have to be collected in the exact order since most people are in groups anyway. Like say if the person in front of you has #5 and you have #498, it's not going to work. But if you have number #8, you're fine.

Thank you!

Now my question is where does Flash Pass play into this? I get a flash pass almost every time I am at this park due to lines and the line jumpers. I just wish they would build lines so you can not skip under and over them.

Well it was a long exhausting day yesterday but it was well worth the 4 hour drive as always to come to the park. Crowds were fairly light, longest wait was Ka (obviously)

El Toro (x10). The Bull was running the most insane I've ever ridden it. Definitely re-affirmed it's self as my favorite coaster. You guys with Great Adventure as your homepark are so lucky to have this thing I just wish it wasn't 4 hours away from me. Managed 4 rides in the morning (3 magic seat re rides) 2 more through the after noon and then 4 in a row right before the park closed.

Kingda Ka (x2). Both front row rides. I don't care what people say about this thing it's absolutely unbelievable in the front. On my 2nd ride we did wait almost an hour 45 minutes through a breakdown and the line was already moving really slowly, I'm guessing because of Zumanjaro. Which is still really stupid btw, if you can't have loose articles at all on Ka anymore why can't it and Zumie run together. Would've gotten a 3rd ride at night but it broke down again. Opted for more rides on the Bull instead.

Nitro (x2). Running great. Great ride in the back and an absolutely phenomenonal ride in the front. On my back seat ride I was in train B and did notice a bit of a rattle but it wasn't bad just slight. Front of the C train was very smooth.

Bizarro (x2). About the usual for Bizarro, never had a line, and constant double stacking on just about every cycle. Ride was running great tho, it's a shame it's not more popular because it definitely deserves it.

Superman (x2). Not much to say about this, it's really uneventful besides the pretzel loop but the pretzel loop is amazing and definitely makes it worth at least one ride everytime I can make a trip down there.

Green Lantern. My friends rode this flaming turd but I gladly sat it out. I think it was only running one train so I ended up waiting 15 minutes for them. But that's better than waiting 15 minutes for headbanging and leg pains.

Dark Knight (x1). Really just rode this to kill some time. Wild Mouse in a box with a goofy jump scare at the end.

Skull Mountain (x1). There's no reason this ride should be as fun as it is. The nice pop of ejector in the back on the drop to the heavy metal music blaring, this ride is so goofy and I love it

Safari (x1). This thing is amazing. I make sure to ride it everytime I'm there because it's well worth the hour or two you have to take out of the day to do it.

I didn't ride Battle for Metropolis but the area around get rode looks great. So just from that perspective alone it was a win for Great Adventure.

And boy, they do not mess around with the loose article policy. I saw a guy get kicked of his train on Ka because a security guard noticed the phone in his pocket. This is after waiting in a 45 minute line and then sitting though an hour breakdown. Must've sucked bad for that guy.

And aside from Bizarro the ops were pretty good as well. All in all a really awesome day but a very tiring day. Can't wait to comeback in September you guys with this as your homepark are so lucky.

Glad you had a blast! It's a shame about Bizarro; they started off so promising in the beginning of the season, only for them to regress to their old ways after a couple weeks. If only all ride ops had the enthusiasm and professionalism of Ryan!

Skull Mountain (x1). There's no reason this ride should be as fun as it is. The nice pop of ejector in the back on the drop to the heavy metal music blaring, this ride is so goofy and I love it

I approve of this report.

Sounds like an excellent day, shame you didn't get any photos to share with the class.

Also, no Joker?

I approve of this report.

Sounds like an excellent day, shame you didn't get any photos to share with the class.

Also, no Joker?

Nah, I live 5 minutes from SFNE and I can ride it whenever I want. Batman was down all day, kinda bummed I didn't get to ride it since I love B&M inverts

Here's some photos. Pardon my shitty photography lol.

20170717_194213.thumb.jpg.99ec2f75e9bff46321b4a9f7ae44732c.jpg

Ka and Zumie standing tall

20170717_170925.thumb.jpg.6f811809584a34aa559f479816001c5e.jpg

Generic pic everyone who's ever visited Gradv has taken

20170717_165934.thumb.jpg.aaec978e12ad6a591461c35a830594d5.jpg

Still one of the best B&M Hypers

20170717_114517.thumb.jpg.73fcfc6e21c6610a7cebc9ee4db98ca0.jpg

Look a cool flyer and a flaming green turd

20170717_114513.thumb.jpg.f8bd03c10ee76aec3c02c7a0204a0291.jpg

Ka and Toro from the Skyway. Peep El Diablo

20170717_114420.thumb.jpg.f88b47a7019a1ae6e70cc60588c97bd0.jpg

Nitro from the skyway

20170717_114359.thumb.jpg.674d8cc48ab7529051c77618dae41779.jpg

Another pic of the flaming green turd

20170717_114335.thumb.jpg.430c99ea3f72cab21c49d1bbba0c5759.jpg

Generic skyway pic everyone on earth has taken

20170717_113707.thumb.jpg.0e4d502cef5054f33d3ac09a03eb7462.jpg

Airtime!

20170717_113702.thumb.jpg.c25fe32993f16ccec4eb8629ab011e1d.jpg

One last pic of the greatest coaster on earth

Awesome, thanks!

The park is looking very green right now. I wish I could get off on a weekday, but I can't tolerate that place on the weekends in the summer.