TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Wildwater Kingdom is worlds beyond Hurricane Harbor unless you are all about gimmick slides (funnel, bowl, etc.). In that case, Hurricane Harbor is more up your alley.

WWK has a ton of different slide towers, a good mix of body and tube slides, and as you saw, two wave pools and two lazy rivers. That said, on a hot weekend day the lines can get a little nuts, but weekdays or slightly overcast days should be just fine. You also get the bonus of no-line rides on some pretty decent coasters after you're done at the water park, and the splash-boat and river-rapids ride (and to a lesser extent the super-awesome log flume) are right by WWK so you can stay in your swimwear for them.

My favorite water park slides are actually the highest capacity ones, like the mat rides where no one is controlling when you go, and you just wait 3 seconds for the person in front of you to clear the first turn.

I find nothing worse than standing in 90 degree heat, barefoot, for 30 minutes, for the luxury of climbing 500 stairs to access a 16 second slide.

Glad to here the logs and rapids are nearby. I never ride them at Six Flags because I dont want a wet butt all day.

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Posted Images

Here's my PTR for June 26, 2017.

I meant to post my trip report a few days ago, but I've been busy with other matters. My mother and I left our house in Long Island at about 7:45 AM but we didn't actually get to the park until around noon because of the insane NYC traffic. As soon as we entered, we headed straight to the new Justice League ride. Unfortunately, I expected the old entrance to the former Old Country area to be opened up since it leads right to the new ride, but it was not. So we walked the longer way to the ride from Movietown and waited about 20 minutes for the ride, but there was so much going on in the queue (i.e. the Cyborg animatronic) that it felt faster than it actually was. I even ended up getting the high score out of everyone in our car!

After that, we had some lunch then headed for Nitro, which was a 25 minute wait with three trains running. After another ride on Nitro, we rode Swashbuckler (which has a new sign) and The Joker. Next, we headed towards the Big Wheel, which only had an approx. 15 minute wait. After a quick snack, my mother decided to rest in the car, while I headed toward the other side of the park. I ended up riding Bizarro (which had a 15 minute wait), El Toro (a 20 minute wait), and El Diablo (5 minutes). I didn't feel like going on Ka or Zumanjaro because I heard from someone else that it was an hour wait for both. I finished off the day with a walk-on Twister, the Parachutes (which had 3/4 of the sides open) and the Green Lantern, which now had a painted-on version of Paralax before the yellow loop instead of the 3D sign that was removed a few years ago. We left the park around 6:00 and ate dinner at Dairy Queen, since they don't exist near where I live.

Overall, it was a successful day and I was able to ride plenty of rides for a summer day, including the new ride. 5 out of 6 Flags.

Pictures will be posted later.

Photos:

I wish this place was in the season pass meal plan.

[imghttp://i.imgur.com/NEptlvn.jpg][/img]

Still no Batmobile!

Thanks for reading!

Heading to the park later today with my sister! Her first time there! Is there any early entry time for Six Flags pass holders? Thanks in advance! Looking forward to riding the bull like it's my job today!

Heading to the park later today with my sister! Her first time there! Is there any early entry time for Six Flags pass holders? Thanks in advance! Looking forward to riding the bull like it's my job today!

Gold Pass holders are supposed to be able to enter 10 minutes early, rides don't open early so it just allows you to get to a ride entrance before everyone else. Whether they actually let pass holders in early seems to be random. The last few times I have gotten to the park before opening (not this year), they didn't let anyone in early.

^^ Is that coaster car photo op setup an old Rolling Thunder car?

Yes.

What Yoshi said.

Well, another trip. I won free tickets to Morey's Piers for early-to-mid August (probably gonna get the credits in an hour and leave), but the real highlight of the trip will be Great Adventure. I'm going to be going on Sunday, August 13th. What is the best strategy to hit every coaster without a flash pass, and best restaurants for meals?

Are there any single riders lines at the park, I'm gonna have an opportunity to visit in about 2 weeks during a weekend was wondering if I would need fast passes or if single rider lines exist? Any info is greatly appreciated.

^As far as I can recall only Zumanjaro has one, maybe Justice League, but that's it to my knowledge, but I'm not 100% observant and I'm always with people so

Zumanjaro and Green Lantern have them but GL is dumb because it doesn't save much time and Zum they have a tendency to ignore the SRL. Not sure about JLBFM.

If you are planning on visiting on a weekend do yourself a favor and budget for Flash Pass.

New path? I assume it's not that super convenient one that used to connect Kingda Ka and El Toro?

I still don't understand why that path is not opened up!

Its simple really. There is nothing for you to buy along that path. Sure, they could add a few booths/kiosks but why bother when they can make you walk through the boardwalk with its endless plethora of mediocre food and crappy games? This is likely the same reason they aren't opening the Old Country path when JLBFM opens - they'll send us around through Movietown since there is stuff to buy there.

Six Flags decided to not maximize profits today and the path was open through the "old" Old Country when I was leaving Justice League around 12:30PM. The path was not open when I arrived at the park at 11:30. All I did at the park today was ride Battle for Metropolis 4 times and grab a buffalo chicken cheesesteak. I was a relaxing 75 minutes in the park.

^ Today at the park is Faith Family & Praise with groups scheduled to use the picnic grove this afternoon. They always have the path open when groups are using the picnic groves.

Did you get that steak from Boardwalk Steak and Fries and how was it?

^Yes, got the buffalo chicken cheesesteak from Boardwalk Steak and Fries. It was good. I've had better, but it is now my go to lunch place.

New path? I assume it's not that super convenient one that used to connect Kingda Ka and El Toro?

I still don't understand why that path is not opened up!

Its simple really. There is nothing for you to buy along that path. Sure, they could add a few booths/kiosks but why bother when they can make you walk through the boardwalk with its endless plethora of mediocre food and crappy games? This is likely the same reason they aren't opening the Old Country path when JLBFM opens - they'll send us around through Movietown since there is stuff to buy there.

Six Flags decided to not maximize profits today and the path was open through the "old" Old Country when I was leaving Justice League around 12:30PM. The path was not open when I arrived at the park at 11:30. All I did at the park today was ride Battle for Metropolis 4 times and grab a buffalo chicken cheesesteak. I was a relaxing 75 minutes in the park.

That's interesting, because when my brother and I showed up to the park around 7:30PM for a spontaneous visit, the Old Country path was closed again. I guess they keep it open for peak hours then.

EDIT: Pay no attention to me, I went back and actually read boldikus's post.

So, I was thinking about season passes... is there an option (historically) where you buy a pass for next season and you can use it THIS season at any of the parks?

My thought was, since I have limited vacation, to buy a 2018 pass when the promos start in the early fall this year and use it for part of this year, too at different six flags... like maybe I buy it at great adventure and do six flags America on the same trip, but in the spring, make it out to St Louis.

So, I was thinking about season passes... is there an option (historically) where you buy a pass for next season and you can use it THIS season at any of the parks?

My thought was, since I have limited vacation, to buy a 2018 pass when the promos start in the early fall this year and use it for part of this year, too at different six flags... like maybe I buy it at great adventure and do six flags America on the same trip, but in the spring, make it out to St Louis.

Last year I bought a 2017 Six Flags gold pass during the Labor Day Weekend flash sale and was able to use it at Great Adventure & Great America while the 2016 season was still going. The "catch" is you have to redeem your pass from the park you bought it from.

Last year I bought a 2017 Six Flags gold pass during the Labor Day Weekend flash sale and was able to use it at Great Adventure & Great America while the 2016 season was still going. The "catch" is you have to redeem your pass from the park you bought it from.

SF makes you process your pass at the park you bought it at b/c they have different prices for Regualr and Gold passes at each park. If they didn't do this than you could just buy at the cheapest park and use it at your home park. SFMM and Gadv passes cost more than other parks, so people near them could buy passes at SFA or Escape, the cheapest park and activate them at their actual home park. CF lets you process a Platinum pass at any park b/c they have uniform pricing for Platinum passes.

^Yes, got the buffalo chicken cheesesteak from Boardwalk Steak and Fries. It was good. I've had better, but it is now my go to lunch place.

You have to try the pulled pork mac n cheese from the main street pub. Pure deliciousness

Yes if you buy a pass during the Labor Day sale you can use it for the rest of this year and next. You do have to go to the park that you got the pass from first. Then you can use it at any of the SF parks.