TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Why does it feel like everytime summer rolls around there are not enough weekends to get everything in??

Couldn't agree more!!

Now, yes -- but once July is here you're better off taking off a month. Max. crowds and heat.

I'll spend most of July and August weekends in Wildwood. Have to be near the ocean in summer east coast temps. I only have one more (potential) big park trip planned for later this month and flash pass will be the order of the day. Then its Moreys til September at least.

It's official, I'm heading to Great Adventure on Thursday, I'm bringing a friend who's never visited a Six Flags park before! My question is, do they allow anything in your pockets to hop in line for El Toro or Ka? Or does everything in our pockets have to be placed in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

They kinda grilled us a couple weeks back at Toro and Ka. There are new signs everywhere stating you have to remove everything from your pockets. We just got a locker @ Toro - its $1 for two hours. We left everything there after a few laps, did Ka and Zum and then came back and got our stuff. Its really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I mean, its $1. lol They did let me in both queues and on the rides with my sunglasses, tho. Even on Ka. LOL So weird.

It's official, I'm heading to Great Adventure on Thursday, I'm bringing a friend who's never visited a Six Flags park before! My question is, do they allow anything in your pockets to hop in line for El Toro or Ka? Or does everything in our pockets have to be placed in a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo?

They kinda grilled us a couple weeks back at Toro and Ka. There are new signs everywhere stating you have to remove everything from your pockets. We just got a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo @ Toro - its $1 for two hours. We left everything there after a few laps, did Ka and Zum and then came back and got our stuff. Its really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I mean, its $1. lol They did let me in both queues and on the rides with my sunglasses, tho. Even on Ka. LOL So weird.

Gotcha, I guess I was wondering if I could leave my wallet in my pocket, just in case I buy more time or run out of time.

Long drive, have a great time and be sure to post about it!

We left everything there after a few laps, did Ka and Zum and then came back and got our stuff. Its really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I mean, its $1. lol They did let me in both queues and on the rides with my sunglasses, tho. Even on Ka. LOL So weird.

Yes glasses are allowed in the lines of all rides, and there are special boxes marked "glasses" next to the souvenier drink holders (which are also allowed in line).

It would be ridiculous if six flags banned people from wearing their glasses!

When I was there 2 weeks ago, people in Ka were being kicked out of line if they had a phone.

So you can sneak in an item, but if you bring it out of your pocket, goodbye.

They kinda grilled us a couple weeks back at Toro and Ka. There are new signs everywhere stating you have to remove everything from your pockets. We just got a fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo @ Toro - its $1 for two hours. We left everything there after a few laps, did Ka and Zum and then came back and got our stuff. Its really not as big a deal as people are making it out to be. I mean, its $1. lol They did let me in both queues and on the rides with my sunglasses, tho. Even on Ka. LOL So weird.

Gotcha, I guess I was wondering if I could leave my wallet in my pocket, just in case I buy more time or run out of time.

If I recall correctly they only ever asked us about phones and keys. Seems they are focused on heavier items that might cause more damage/injury if they hit someone. I did put my wallet in the locker but I think you could probably get away with riding with it, as we did w/ sunglasses.

They never asked "are your pockets empty?" - just "do you have any keys or phones in your pockets?" or "keys and phones have to go in a locker!" Also, we were only ever asked. No one frisked us (as has been reported by other members here) and no one asked us to turn around/felt up our pockets/etc so I think if you just told them you didn't have anything and didn't pull your phone/keys/etc out while in line or on the ride you're fine. But again, the lockers are really nbd. $1 for two hours, we had no issues with it at all.

As much as I hate all this lkr. stupidity, for $1 for two hours, when I go to GAdv in a month, I think I'm just going to toss my phone and keys in there for a couple hours, marathon El Toro to my heart's content, and not give it a second thought! Honestly, that coaster is so wild anyway, the policy is probably doing my phone (and keys) a favor!

I agree its doing everyone a favor by not causing them to lose their keys or have their phone destroyed. I personally have had sunglasses literally shattered into a million pieces in my pocket on Toro in the past, have had other friends have their glasses and phones destroyed - as I've said here before, one friend had his brand new iPhone bent by the lapbar. Another's phone was not smashed, but just bricked after a ride on Toro, just dead. Not to mention the risk of injury from flying phones.

While I was originally a little perturbed about the policy (this is why we can't have nice things!! boo!) I've come around to it. I certainly don't want to get hit by someones phone and I'm more likely to have that happen always sitting in the rear. The silver lining is - as long as you're not alone of course - that you're forced to actually converse and socialize with your pals while waiting.

The only downside is paying to store your stuff but at $1 for two hours no one has any right to complain about it. If you're at a theme park and don't have $1 to spare I just don't know what to say.

The biggest issue with the fluffies is:

1) There is one payment kiosk for 200 fluffies. It is a bottleneck.

2) You have to do it for every ride.

I would be much happier to use the fluffies if I didnt have to go through the payment process 5 times.

Hell, it doesnt even make sense for Six Flags. They're spending credit card transaction fees 6 times instead of once.

Let me pay $5 once for an all day fluffy pass and then have a second express kisok where I can get a specific fluffy for every ride I go by.

Additionally, there is an option for "all day fluffy" within the kiosk but it is confusing so I doubt anyone uses it.

I had no issues paying for an all day fluffy . . . . I figure, why go through the process a few more times a day?

It certainly makes the dispatch process seem smoother (with people not scrambling to put stuff in bins)

The biggest issue with the fluffies is:

1) There is one payment kiosk for 200 fluffies. It is a bottleneck.

2) You have to do it for every ride.

I would be much happier to use the fluffies if I didnt have to go through the payment process 5 times.

Hell, it doesnt even make sense for Six Flags. They're spending credit card transaction fees 6 times instead of once.

Let me pay $5 once for an all day fluffy pass and then have a second express kisok where I can get a specific fluffy for every ride I go by.

Additionally, there is an option for "all day fluffy" within the kiosk but it is confusing so I doubt anyone uses it.

1. We used it multiple times @ Toro and didn't waited more than 2 minutes for people in front of us to use the kiosk.

2. You only have to do it for Ka and Toro. We didn't have any issues riding with our stuff in zippered pockets at any other ride. So its smart to rent the $1 locker for 2 hours, get in your Toro and Ka rides, and then zip everything up for rides elsewhere.

And as you said there is an option for all day - we didn't find it confusing at all. Its just $8 (or whatever the price is) and that's it.

What's so confusing about the all-day fluffy option? I and several people I know use it every time we go. It's as straight-forward as it gets. It's $8 as opposed to the $5 you're looking for, but if it's something you're interested in, I'd try it out.

What's so confusing about the all-day fluffy option? I and several people I know use it every time we go. It's as straight-forward as it gets. It's $8 as opposed to the $5 you're looking for, but if it's something you're interested in, I'd try it out.

What does all day mean?

-You can open the fluffy only once, but keep it all day vs 2 hours

-You can return to the same fluffy throughout the day

-You can use fluffies throughout the park all day (1 at a time) allowing you to tranfser your stuff to the most convenient location

There is nothing that explains which of these options the fluffy is offering you

It is really option 3 I want. I was with my gf who insisted on a purse, so we had to rent one at every ride.

It is really option 3 I want. I was with my gf who insisted on a purse, so we had to rent one at every ride.

Lockerz ain't your problem, my friend. This, this right here is your problem.

There is nothing that explains which of these options the fluffy is offering you

Explanations are available on signs within each fluffy section, just like this one:

As the sign clearly states, all-day fluffy purchases are transferable between each locker location. At the point of purchase, you create a six-digit ID code that is used throughout the day. When you approach a new fluffy station, you log in your six-digit code, which ends your previous locker session and begins your new fluffy rental. You continue this process until you leave.

The answers are definitely there - that's how the rest of us know how to do it.

QFT

Edited by michaellynn4

I'm late to the party. That transferable all-day option is awesome! If only they'd been doing that for the past 15-ish years! I'm definitely going to take advantage of it next time.

Explanations are available on signs within each fluffy section, just like this one:

As the sign clearly states, all-day fluffy purchases are transferable between each fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo location. At the point of purchase, you create a six-digit ID code that is used throughout the day. When you approach a new fluffy station, you log in your six-digit code, which ends your previous fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo session and begins your new fluffy rental. You continue this process until you leave.

The answers are definitely there - that's how the rest of us know how to do it.

QFT

Well there you go! I was looking around the kiosk and then within the kiosk screen itself. Thats exactly what I wanted to do. Im sure next time I go Ill see the sign everywhere!

Now the only thing to make it perfect is a separate express kiosk for folks who are just entering that 6 digit code and getting a new locker.

I made my first visit of the season today for several hours. Plenty of school groups were there, but overall the park wasn't too crowded.

Is the refillable sport bottle still available that costs about $22 and offers free refills for the rest of the year? I only saw signs advertising the red $15 bottle plus 99 cent future refills. A yellow bottle seemed to be available, but is that only offered with the season dining pass?

I rarely buy more than a pretzel or churro while at the park and don't want to spring out the cash for a dining pass.

Thanks to anyone who can answer.

Hi guys, first time poster, long time lurker. I'm flying out to SFGAdv next week and I'm wondering what their policy is on bringing in my own water bottles? If I am allowed to bring a water bottle in, will I have to put it in a locker every ride, or will they let me put it up against a wall or to the side? This is standard practice at SFMM but it seems like SFGAdv is more strict on loose articles.