TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I was at the park this Saturday and the ops on Kingda Ka were god awful. They ran one train on Ka and then waited for Zumanjaro to go. One train on Ka is not nearly enough time for them to unload and load Zumanjaro since they launched the train when the catch cars were about halfway down the tower so we would just wait there for a good 2 minutes while a second train was already on the launch track for them to run Zumanjaro. Bizarro was also stacking 3 trains and had 3-5 minute dispatches since the ride op felt the need to make bad jokes all the time.

Batman was running amazingly well and was incredibly forceful. Nitro was running pretty good as well.

Great park details Boldikus, you ought to make that into a brochure. Or bookmark the page and link it every freaking time someone asks about the park.

Help With Meal Passes - if anyone here gets an email about the Lunch + Snack meal deal anytime in the future, can you please send me the link for it ASAP? We are trying to get them this year again but SF is retarded and only sends them out randomly, refusing to sell them even if you call the offices while the sale is going on. We did not receive the email this year and they said the lunch deal should be on sale again sometime this spring/summer. Hoping someone on here reads this and can make it happen. Usually it's sent out in an email on a Friday and expires Sunday night. Thank you!!

Great park details Boldikus, you ought to make that into a brochure. Or bookmark the page and link it every freaking time someone asks about the park.

That's the plan.

Anyone know if i should get a flash pass? I'm going June 1. (ITS A JOKE). As someone who has been looking into the flash pass, Boldikus's post was very helpful (and hilarious).

If you hate life you can hit Green Lantern right from here. It's terrible but hey, don't let me stop ya.

Don't mind if I do. I'm ready for the nostalgic memories of my youth on Mantis and Iron Wolf to be shattered to bits.

As somebody who has been to GAdv a few times already, and only hasn't been on Zum and Joker (and JL, obviously), when I go again later this year, I think I'll hit up Joker first, then Ka (front row only), then Zum (no VR). However, after that, I'm inclined to just marathon the shizz out of El Toro for a while, honestly! As much as I loved JL at SF:GAm, having done it already there, and not counting credits (I know, I know...) for things like that, I'm disinclined to wait in the ungodly line that it will no doubt have. Joker being a coaster (not looking to start a fight over that one either - and not really sure why there even IS a fight over that one), that's why I'll be hitting that one up at GAdv, even though I will have likely already ridden it at GAm earlier this year.

Unless my GAdv newbie sister who is going with me really protests, I'm envisioning solo spins on Bizarro, Batman, and Skull Mountain (if the line isn't too bad), and maybe just two or three laps on Nitro. I will strongly advise against even bothering with Superman (she's ridden it at GAm anyway, and the line is always brutal), and Green Lantern (for obvious reasons.) Doing this should allow us maximum El Toro time, which is really my end-game for this trip!

Honestly this park is such a crapshoot with crowds that I don't even know what to tell you. Crowd levels are hard to predict at any park but at Great Adventure it's almost impossible.

We went on opening weekend and every ride had a 5 minute wait with nice weather, we went a few weeks later and most rides were pushing an hour and 2 weeks ago on a Sunday with picture perfect weather every ride was a walk on except Safari. Honestly, it's the Friday before Memorial Day weekend. I wouldn't be shocked if every major ride had a 5 minute wait, I wouldn't be shocked if every major ride had a 45 to 90 minute wait. I give up trying to predict crowd levels at this park.

Edited by coasterbill

^ For real. At this point the only reliable method to avoid crowds is to steer clear of any BAFF days.

What are those? Edit: Im guessing bring a friend free

I just wish there was a way to know before hand how many school buses were en route.

I know a lot of people use memorial as a 4 day weekend, but Im surprised Six Flags fees like the Friday is worth such a late operation...

Im tempted. Best rides are after 9pm anyway

I went to the park on Friday of Memorial Day weekend in 2015. It wasn't as crowded as I would have expected since I thought the same thing about crowd levels with a 10:00 closing. I got there in the afternoon and probably spent around 5 or 6 hours and got 17 rides in that day.

I've only ever gotten varying degrees of headbanging from it as I've been smart enough to adjust the sack before positioning myself on that "seat".

I don't think I've ridden it since HITP 2015.

Hey guys,

What is the rain policy at the park regarding the major rides? Im coming from Boston this weekend, planning on hitting up the park Friday and Saturday and the forecast looks to be pretty crappy. Hopeful for some bright spots but that's why I usually plan for two days just in case of crap weather. I know there are a few indoor rides but I was wondering how they handle the major rides in the rain.

Appreciate it

If the forecast holds (which is a big if) I would expect them to close the park Friday. Saturday is a crapshoot.

Their weather policy is a little weird. If they're making money then it's awesome. They'll run every major ride in the rain / sleet / snow / whatever except for Kingda Ka. If they have a small crowd that day then they'll close the park early and blame the weather.

I'd make some contingency plans just in case or reschedule if possible just to be on the safe side. You might get lucky and the forecast can easily change but right now it doesn't look good, especially for Friday.

Yeah, I was hoping when I looked at the forecast a few days ago that it would likely change, but its not getting much better as it gets closer. And unfortunately I went the cheap route and got a non refundable cheap hotel a month back soooooo any good sightseeing locations in Princeton?

Whats the easiest way to see if they announce the park will be closed? The app or website? I have my doubts on the reliability of them putting the message out there.

Whats the easiest way to see if they announce the park will be closed? The app or website? I have my doubts on the reliability of them putting the message out there.

They're pretty good about getting the information out quickly via their social media accounts. Follow them on Facebook and Twitter and keep your eyes peeled for updates the morning of.

Yeah, I was hoping when I looked at the forecast a few days ago that it would likely change, but its not getting much better as it gets closer. And unfortunately I went the cheap route and got a non refundable cheap hotel a month back soooooo any good sightseeing locations in Princeton?

If it's not raining and you're into art, you can check out Grounds for Sculpture just outside of Trenton. If it's still raining...Quaker Bridge Mall on Route 1 is okay, I guess haha.

Edited by michaellynn4

^ Co-sign on Facebook and Twitter. They always announce it there.