TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

I don’t know who needs to hear this but stop doing this: so you can make people stand in this twice as long in the name of social distancing. Just load every seat.

Posted Images

I mean Lotte World's VR kind of made sense to me, when you are surrounded by high rise apartments and then one of the worlds tallest buildings & observation decks opens literally next door, the view is kind of lost but I always felt the giant towers like DoD or Zum the climb to the top and the view of how high you were is what sold it.

The line still won't be that long because most people are too damn lazy to walk all the way over there for the ride to begin with.

I love Zumanjaro, the view is absolutely amazing and I haven't experienced a virtual reality ride that I've enjoyed so far. The one at fun spot was the best one and even that I could have done without. I might give it a shot just to see how it is on a drop tower but meh. I'm ready for this fad to go away.

I really hope the next ploy is "The world's scariest tallest/fastest non-vr drop ride on the planet."

Yeah, spiders are creepy.

Isn't being 400+ft up on a swaying tower scarier?!

I'm still not sure how I feel about this. My only experience with VR is New Revolution at Magic Mountain, but that was during WCB ERT, so I really can't say anything accurate about lines. I'm leaning toward wanting to try this, but it's causing me to wonder how the lines will be. I'll definitely be watching this thread the next few months to see how this all plays out.

Count me in as another person who really hopes this VR is not mandatory, as I hate spiders, and certainly don't want to ride this with the VR when I go in July! Zum is one of the few things I haven't done at GAdv yet, and I was looking forward to riding it as it was meant to be!

Pardon me as I haven't been on a VR attraction yet, but are there attractions in which it is mandatory? I imagine I would just remove the goggles from my eyes during the ride if a ride op told me I had to wear them.

I've been told it will indeed be optional, thankfully. I'm just not a fan of this new fad. And even if I were willing to give it a shot, I'm terrified of spiders so I'd pass anyway.

Hopefully they'll do the smart thing. . .

Six Flags... smart?!?!? Ahahahahahaha!!!

Oh. Wait. You were being serious??

SixFlags, the stupid company that has the only Intamin Plug and Play woodie in the United States. The stupid company that installed the first RMC, and then repeated the mistake by building more. The stupid company that is expanding their theme park season in many northern US parks because people want to visit parks even if not every coaster is open.

Are they perfect? No. Are they bumbling fools? No

SixFlags, the stupid company that has the only Intamin Plug and Play woodie in the United States. The stupid company that installed the first RMC, and then repeated the mistake by building more. The stupid company that is expanding their theme park season in many northern US parks because people want to visit parks even if not every coaster is open.

Had an amazing day at the park today, despite the rain. Had a ton of food from the food trucks but wanted more. I think the winner for me was the candied apple roasted pork tacos from the Guac Spot. Longest line we waited in was 8 minutes for front row of Ka. Even the Safari at noon was a walk-on (there were 8 people on our truck. 8!!) Joker broke down twice but that was the only downtime we experienced. I might write more later, but it was definitely worth waking up at 3am this morning to make the drive to the park.

B-b-but the Larson Superloops!

B-b-but the Larson Superloops!

I believe that was addressed when I wrote: Are they perfect? No.

Went to the park today for the first time in a few years, pretty dead.. The whole Nitro having ejector this season thing is a myth, though I found it to be running very well regardless. On the other hand, Batman is seriously hauling, like.. Montu/Afterburn level intensity, maybe even more! The back left felt like it was trying to kill me in the final corkscrews, in a good way. El Toro was running very fast, ejector on the S-Hill after the twister section fast.. but, definitely due for re-tracking (looking at you turnaround ). The park in general looks worse than I remember, not a lot of landscaping, the new joker area already looks run down to me. In general needs a lot of work... Anyways, here are all the rides I got in and some additional notes:

El Toro - 7x

Batman - 6x

Bizarro - 5x (forgot how good this is, totally overshadowed in this park)

Nitro - 4x

Kinda Ka - 1x (rip capacity these days)

Green Lantern - 1x (ran pretty smooth compared to what I remember, just such an endurance test! Very intense for a standup ride)

Superman - 1x

Zumanjaro - 1x

Skull Mountain - 1x

Mine Train - 1x (ouch)