TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

The path kinda exists already (see red), even tho it doesnt connect to right behind the bathrooms (blue arrow) but that sure looks like a Fright Fest trail there (green circle). Not to mention there is not much space between that bathroom and Tango. I think its just a mistake. Tho it could connect to the other side of Tango. I'd be OK with that. Don't mind me I've been drinking.

newpath.jpg.3ffa915fc291ed0702af30c6a0626d6b.jpg

Sorry for the double post, but I'm sober now, and...

Great Adventure Readies New Ride For 2017

JACKSON – A new themed area and ride will debut at Six Flags Great Adventure for the 2017 park season.

Ground broke late last year and crews are currently working on the roof of the building for the park’s 4D dark ride/interactive gaming adventure in 2017 called Justice League: Battle for Metropolis.

“Progress is moving steadily on our newly themed area, Metropolis, as well as the Justice League: Battle for Metropolis ride. Our team has been working hard through the winter weather, and we are nearing completion on the building that houses the ride,” Neal Thurman, president of Six Flags Great Adventure, Safari and Hurricane Harbor, told The Jackson Times. “Next, we will focus on all of the mechanical and theming elements inside the new Hall of Justice.”

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis will create a virtual world in which riders can fight alongside favorite DC Comics heroes including Batman, Superman and Wonder Women to defeat arch villains Lex Luthor and The Joker.

“This is an extremely complex and high-tech attraction that will combine the excitement of a roller coaster with 3D imagery, 4D special effects plus interactive gaming elements. This ride will be perfect for kids and thrill seekers alike,” Thurman said. “The competitive gaming aspect will pull riders back again and again, trying to reach a higher score and outperform their friends.”

Guests can check out the progress on social media. “We have videos of construction posted on our YouTube channel and have been keeping guests posted on construction via Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Currently, they are working on the roof of the building. Once the building is complete, they can begin to work on the ride inside,” GA communications director Kristin Siebeneicher said.

Thurman added that it’s the perfect time to open the attraction, with the Wonder Woman movie releasing this summer and the first Justice League movie following in autumn.

“It’s truly the Summer of Super Heroes, and Six Flags Great Adventure will offer a series of fun events all season long that celebrate these iconic characters,” Thurman said. “Justice League: Battle for Metropolis is free with park admission, Season Pass and active Membership. Innovation is in our DNA, and we can’t wait for guests to experience this unique, intense, cutting edge thrill ride this summer.”

Videos of the construction can be viewed on GA’s YouTube channel, youtube.com/user/SixFlagsGrAdventure.

JLBFM1.thumb.jpg.804895e8620ae69a09e0bea675d5af20.jpg

JLBFM2.thumb.jpg.853b646a3e9d6d0ba82601ce42e8ca15.jpg

JLBFM3.thumb.jpg.7924cd24e661cacaf437044729af3236.jpg

So... Metropolis. This is the first time we're hearing of a new themed area, yes? Or did I miss this? And since they are not reopening Old Country will this now be an 'extension' of Movie Town (starting passed Dark Knight) or is this a completely rethemed Movie Town (i.e. are we calling everything from the arcade/Movie Town portal on "Metropolis" now)?

Odd choice if all of Movietown is converting, considering it has 2 Batman rides, a Batman themed stunt arena and our Superman themed coaster is in a totally different area of the park. Hopefully if this is the case they at least put halfway decent effort in the theming.

Odd choice if all of Movietown is converting, considering it has 2 Batman rides, a Batman themed stunt arena and our Superman themed coaster is in a totally different area of the park. Hopefully if this is the case they at least put halfway decent effort in the theming.

You also have Bizarro, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, and Joker in other areas.

Oh god, they're not doing sh*t. I'd be surprised if they even put up a sign.

Oh god, they're not doing sh*t. I'd be surprised if they even put up a sign.

Come on, I'm sure they will change the name of the area on the map.

Edited by larrygator

You also have Bizarro, Harley Quinn, Green Lantern, and Joker in other areas.

Soon the park will be Six Flags Gotham Adventure

Haha! Why did you have to bring that over here? You know none of these geeks care about anything that doesn't have supports, restraints, tracks and/or airtime.

How crowded does the park usually get during weekends in April? Is a flash pass needed? Also what are operations like, are all of the rides typically open at the start of the season?

Wow its been a while since someone asked this, I almost don't know how to respond.

Serious tho put it this way: you're better off attempting an April weekend day than a summer weekend day that said depending on weather its a crapshoot. If its overcast/chance of rain GO FOR IT> Those days can be the best for crowds. Pack a poncho and prepare to maybe ride in the rain.

On the flip, it can get crowded if the weather is nice. Crowded enough that you'll want a flash pass. Also sometimes church groups can spontaneously overrun the park on spring weekends. It's awful. And those cheerleading meetups. Horrific. You should budget for a flash pass - a gold pass can usually get the job done. If it turns out you don't need it you have extra money to spend on something else, but if its RAMMED and you dont have the cash to pony up on the Qbot, you're gonna hate life.

Operations at the park are *usually* fine by then - the first weekend or two we may see one train ops but this park is usually great bout running all available trains even in times they aren't even warranted like all the time on Bizarro because they're always only gonna stack the 3rd train anyway and in the process suck the life out of everyone who rides it as they wait for an hour and half on the brake run in the hot jersey sun wilting away into theme park oblivion.