TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

This is random... but word on the street is that Panda Express is returning next year and is still not being replaced with a crappy Chop Six.

This is excellent news. If I keep hearing my buddy talk about sfmm chop six, I'm going to strangle him. Free or not. No way chop six is as good as panda express.

The only reason anyone wants Chop Six is because it's on the dining pass, but with complaints of super long waits for food with the Dining Pass during HITP and Fright Fest I'll happily wait 5 minutes and pony up the cash for better food at Panda Express while I scroll through post after post about how awful the food lines are on Facebook.

get rid of the damn dining times, that will help with waits

Except for between 3-4, the only times you can not get a meal are before 11AM, before most of the food places are open, and after 8PM. Most food places have less workers after 8PM, so extending the hours would allow you to wait in line when less workers can help you. Few people eat meals that late How would it help wait times?

The one hour gap between 3PM and 4PM is to prevent people from easily gaming the system and sharing two meals between two people at the same time.

The only issue I have with the times is that I can't get a snack between 8PM and before closing.

Edited by larrygator

Except for between 3-4, the only times you can not get a meal are before 11AM, before most of the food places are open, and after 8PM. Most food places have less workers after 8PM, so extending the hours would allow you to wait in line when less workers can help you. Few people eat meals that late How would it help wait times?

The one hour gap between 3PM and 4PM is to prevent people from easily gaming the system and sharing two meals between two people at the same time.

The only issue I have with the times is that I can't get a snack between 8PM and before closing.

that's a issue too. snack should go to closing

This is random... but word on the street is that Panda Express is returning next year and is still not being replaced with a crappy Chop Six.

This is excellent news. If I keep hearing my buddy talk about sfmm chop six, I'm going to strangle him. Free or not. No way chop six is as good as panda express.

Yeah, but I'll take the 'free' food. I don't have a problem with Chop Six.

^ Can't we, you know, blow it up? Make a grand spectacle out of it for a July 4th event or something? Make it a double feature with Houdini being blown to smithereens?

But... its used for a crappy Fright Fest trail.

Also, hush about Houdini. I love that thing. It just needs a tuneup.

You're honestly the only person I've ever seen complain about Houdini. Personally I think it's in fine shape for Six Flags and I would also bet that Holiday in the Park has sent it's ridership numbers through the roof... or floor... which is on the roof... and you're upside down... except you're not... whatever, I can't figure it out.

Edited by coasterbill

It just needs a tuneup.

I agree. A tuneup with a hefty amount of C4.

Seriously it does need some major work - rode it a couple times this year and its very dated and half the effects in the preshow are not working. But the ride itself is still kinda fun, at least to see peoples reactions who don't know what to expect. I love the building and the surrounding garden and would kinda hate to see it go.

Triple hush on Houdini! It is still a fun ride and the best Vekoma Mad House in America. Would love to see something in the old 4D theater (even a 3D film) just to make HITP more appealing in the most inclement weather with one more enclosed attraction. I always felt like having five indoor rides would be the tipping point to increase attendance further.

Houdini is frickin awesome (except that it takes about 25 minutes to load because people don't want to leave their purse in a hallway and don't understand the no loose article policy granted the ride is not intense and it shouldn't matter that you have a purse considering you can bring on a one year old child and you may or may not actually flip upside down but the no loose article policy only adds to the illusion why am I still talking in parenthesis) and Bill is right... if you think Great Adventure's is in bad shape don't bother with New England's.

The main issue with removing or modifying the former Right Stuff theater is logistical. At the moment, pretty much anything that isn't being used by those two FF mazes is used for prize storage. Any sort of project would need to consider the operational impact.

Not to say a solution can't be found, just that it's not as easy as razing an empty building.

Oh, and quadruple hush on Houdini. It's unique and very-well maintained (for Six Flags, at least). The only issue I have is the immensely long time (usually usually feels like hours) it takes for people to sit down, realize they need to get up to put their bags on the side, slowly do so, have the ride op slowly meander through to check for more bags, point out one (or more) idiots who didn't listen the first time, wait for them to move their bag, then finally start the ride.

Count me in on the Houdini fan club-it helps Great Adv. to have a dark ride.They just need to keep the preshow effects working properly.

And since HITP looks like it's going to be an annual thing,how about a Christmas re-theme of Houdini just for December-like involving the Ghost Of Christmas Past?

The main issue with removing or modifying the former Right Stuff theater is logistical. At the moment, pretty much anything that isn't being used by those two FF mazes is used for prize storage. Any sort of project would need to consider the operational impact.

Not to say a solution can't be found, just that it's not as easy as razing an empty building.

Oh, and quadruple hush on Houdini. It's unique and very-well maintained (for Six Flags, at least). The only issue I have is the immensely long time (usually usually feels like hours) it takes for people to sit down, realize they need to get up to put their bags on the side, slowly do so, have the ride op slowly meander through to check for more bags, point out one (or more) idiots who didn't listen the first time, wait for them to move their bag, then finally start the ride.

I guess they could remove the Mouse in a Box and use that building for FF and storage lol!

I guess they could remove the Mouse in a Box and use that building for FF and storage lol!

Hey! I actually like The Dark Knight Coaster.

^ While heat is nice, it also has an un-skippable preshow that goes on for far too long and they will happily make you stand outside in the cold for-frigging-ever waiting for the doors to open rather than just get butts inside.

Edit - They should also blast this in Skully for HitP -