TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

It was pretty deserted yesterday once the rain stopped. They had the last 5 rows of Nitro roped off, felt like it was running extremely slow. Don't think my butt left the seat once in any row.

Batman was running amazingly, as expected, so that was nice. Something about that ride during HitP makes it amazing. It's normally a coaster we skip when we go during the summer, but in the winter? Jesus, it's the best ride in the park.

Skip Batman???? That's sacrilege.

Well when you have Talon 10 minutes from home it's hard to justify waiting in any sort of line for (imo) a less superior invert. Especially when that time in line could be spent in line for Toro.

We were in the area so we swung by the park yesterday for an hour to do some Christmas shopping (we still haven't seen everyone and I'm quite the procrastinator) and to take a ride on Batman and Nitro. It was freezing but the park was really busy (as has been the case all week with the exception of Thursday where rain scared people away) and both coasters were running great! A few pictures...

image.thumb.jpg.1afdc4bc90862e6d9dd4132460c50191.jpg

Snowing on the way to the park, we were really hoping for some snow rides on Nitro but sadly that never happened...

image.thumb.jpg.a1eed9d242726b4428eea3078220d7b7.jpg

Im no conspiracy theorist, but if they faked the moon landing they probably did it in Great Adventure's parking lot.

image.thumb.jpg.436073b79edabb3833ccef6015a5842b.jpg

Joker has been down the last few days, and yesterday they somehow managed to valley it. Note the maintenance staff in the lower right corner attaching the ropes.

image.thumb.jpg.3fc72a8299af09edac520d521aeeb55f.jpg

It was a beautiful (but cold) night at the park.

image.thumb.jpg.662066b0812c22058279ebb5794eea46.jpg

Nitro was flying through the course despite the cold.

image.thumb.jpg.50105db852c898a740156e4cb088197c.jpg

Holiday in the Park is awesome

image.thumb.jpg.b765118757398c188a69aa8e5155e267.jpg

One last failed attempt at being artsy.

While it would have block stopped anyway, I would imagine that they were testing the ride, the train valleyed and when they realized it they stopped the lift.

If you look closely you'll see that they have a cable tied to the train and a crane over on the right. They'll pull it forward and hope that when it drops it has enough momentum to get back to the station so they don't have to winch it again.

Am I wrong, or didn't they just re-pave the parking lot at the beginning of this year? Those potholes look terrible for pavement that hasn't even seen a full winter yet.

From what I understand, a portion of the parking lot was re-paved. A section will be re-paved every year for the next few seasons. I may be wrong though.

Am I wrong, or didn't they just re-pave the parking lot at the beginning of this year? Those potholes look terrible for pavement that hasn't even seen a full winter yet.

The parking lot is being paved in the three waves over a three year period. Only 1/3 was completed in spring of 2016, an additional 1/3 will be paved in spring 2017 and the final third in Spring 2018.

The attached link explains the rationale. It is free for Six Flags to have it done in this manner.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1707823#p1707823

The parking lot is being paved in the three waves over a three year period. Only 1/3 was completed in spring of 2016, an additional 1/3 will be paved in spring 2017 and the final third in Spring 2018.

The attached link explains the rationale. It is free for Six Flags to have it done in this manner.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1707823#p1707823

That explains so much! Thanks for that.

Soooo anyone going today? Weather is looking good, forecast for closing day tomorrow looks like mostly rain (apologies to Coasterbill - you guys should probably just come home from Delaware today and meet me there lol).

I might be flying solo but I'll be there today. Ciders and B&Ms! Happy New Year!

I was there last night with the woman. Holy CRAP Batman was running like it was high on crack! Rode in the front and probably got minor frostbite but sweet lawd baby jesus it was worth it!

Also, all you Green Lantern haters are dumb. That thing was riding like a dream last night! Zero head banging (not that I've ever experienced it), fast, forceful, basically everything B&M has been missing for the past ten years.

Joker was shut down. Boo.

Just got here with the brother. No one is here.

Hey that orange car is mine!

The place is a ghost town, so far I have 10 rides on Nitro, 10 rides on Batman, and 1 Skull Mountain. Thank you Great Adventure's re-ride policy!

Just got here with the brother. No one is here.

Hey that orange car is mine!

The place is a ghost town, so far I have 10 rides on Nitro, 10 rides on Batman, and 1 Skull Mountain. Thank you Great Adventure's re-ride policy!

Haha, awesome!

It was great to meet you and share a ride on Nitro! You prepared for the weather much better than I did, I was done after the one ride. Glad you had fun, get back safe!!