TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I'm at the park now. It's a beautiful and not overly cold day. Batman and Nitro are each ~1-2 train waits.

Unfortunately Joker is closed. I was expecting it based on a few posts I saw, but still a bit bummed out since that bugger was also closed during my summer visit. Still if you told me I could be riding B&Ms in the Northeast in December a few years ago, I wouldn't have believed you.

Cool that gives me some hope. New England is getting their version next year but I was still hoping for an early preview.

Like others have noted as the day goes on, it's starting to get quite a bit busier. Where is the waffle cart I'm hearing about located?

It's over in Holiday Memories, the area with the white lights on all the trees over by Joker. They also have a location passed Batman on the corner of that weird Backlot thing but it's hard to find. The cart is a much better place to sit and eat. Also, if you get over there before 4:00 you can go pet baby goats.

Joker opened up late yesterday. It's possible that they'll get it running. If not though, it's no big loss. It's fun, but Nitro and Batman are the stars of HITP.

It was up and down all day, when we got there it was running, then it was closed, then it was running, then it was closed. I think they might have gave up because when we went on the Skyride at like 8pm it was down.

Same with Sky Screamer, it kept getting stuck. At one point for about 15 minutes they were stuck about halfway up the tower

On closing day earlier this year it seemed like all of the rides were doing that. Up and down all day - all sorts of strange mechanical problems resulting in things like maintenance taking a mallet to brake fins, etc. It really felt like all the rides were saying "OK its too f*cking cold, We're done".

^ True (well... with the exception of our fearless caped B&M crusader), but it was almost 60 degrees yesterday so Joker has no excuse aside from the fact that it's Joker and it's an unreliable piece of sh*t.

Well Batman was temporarily closed when I got there, but it opened up and was up the whole night

JRice - have fun and thanks again for meeting up last time you were in town!

Anytime! I'm excited for the Waffle Cart, Spiked Cider, & Holiday In The Park, and of course some rides! I'm getting really excited for Monday!

^ Where are you getting your weather? Friday (and Saturday) look completely clear.

I really think Sunday is gonna be the move. Temps are better on Sunday and Monday but Monday has a chance of rain. Just clouds and some sun Sunday with high of almost 50. Also New Years Day last year was dead, because who wants to ride hungover? I have afternoon NYE plans Saturday but staying home Saturday night to rest up. And this way I have Monday to recuperate.

Anyone else going Sunday?