TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Although it wasn't as crowded as last Saturday, there were still a lot of people in the park today. Other than Superman and the Skyway, I don't think anything was more than 20 minutes. Food lines were much better today as well with more windows open. I only waited 10 minutes to get dinner and a few minutes for a snack on the way out of the park.

Operations were really good too. Batman was dispatching trains ridiculously fast, when I was on the lift hill of Nitro there was a Batman train getting to the brake run and by the time the Nitro train got to the final hills, another Batman train was getting to the brake run. Even though Superman only had 2 people checking restraints compared to 4 last week, they were almost running to check the restraints.

Seems from reports from various people the place was pretty freakin dead this past weekend. Heading up Saturday and hope its like that again cause I can FINALLY RIDE COASTERS ON MY F*CKING BIRTHDAY!!!

crazy-kid-birthday-gif.gif.29d275eb5be9cd312fc5b70dc1f1c42b.gif

Forecasts are currently sunny and high of 50 warm enough to fire up those B&Ms! I'll take it.

I'm blown away by that to be honest. Rougarou has much better operations and while they lost Early Entry and Halloweekends Fridays I'm still surprised that Bizarro did more riders than Rougarou. I dorked out a little on this but assuming I counted right, Bizarro had 163 operating days between opening day and the end of Fright Fest when it closed for the season while Raougarou only had 133 (I took out Halloweekends Fridays) so I guess that explains it.

Popularity plays a role too but that may be a wash as both rides are sort of in the same boat. They're both moderately popular but rarely have long lines unless the park is really busy and even then the lines don't usually build up until the afternoon so they both send trains with a lot of empty seats.

This is going back to a discussion from a few weeks ago but I just found out Bizarro did one million riders this year. I just find it funny because Rougarou which has way better operations did not hit one million.

From what release of ridership numbers are you getting Bizarro did 1M and Rougarou didn't? Sounds crazy since Bizarro is a walk on to 5 to 10 minute wait in the middle of summer. The trains leave half empty most days I have been. Also, Mantis did 925K(official CP release numbers) it's last year and the conversion to Rougarou has increased it's popularity. Let's just say I'm highly highly skeptical.

This is going back to a discussion from a few weeks ago but I just found out Bizarro did one million riders this year. I just find it funny because Rougarou which has way better operations did not hit one million.

From what release of ridership numbers are you getting Bizarro did 1M and Rougarou didn't? Sounds crazy since Bizarro is a walk on to 5 to 10 minute wait in the middle of summer. The trains leave half empty most days I have been. Also, Mantis did 925K(official CP release numbers) it's last year and the conversion to Rougarou has increased it's popularity. Let's just say I'm highly highly skeptical.

Back up homie, he works at the park.

He works at both parks? Of course not! The notion Bizarro gets 1M is skeptical to say the least to anyone who has been to GAdv and knows the ride is neglected attendance wise. I was there 4 days in August and the ride was a walk on virtually all day and max 5 minute. Trains were not full, so it wasn't b/c operations are great. In fact Bizarro ride operations are horrible. Btw, Bizarro closed by 8 every day I went b/c nobody was riding it. I'll believe it when GAdv shows official ridership, which I don't recall them ever doing. CP has released ridership numbers sometimes, the most recent 2014. Again, highly highly skeptical as a person who knows both parks.

Edited by eugjackson

This. And JRice is the one who gave us the Rougarou information. Both of them know their sh*t.

This. And JRice is the one who gave us the Rougarou information. Both of them know their sh*t.

LOL...You people are gullible. Official numbers matter. You don't have them but your slurping the koolaid. The only real numbers on this are what the parks release and that was pre conversion numbers Mantis.

^^ Broski, JRice and Ryan have never come on here posting some outlandish shit. There's no reason not to believe them because have nothing to prove by posting that.

Not to mention while you may have been there 4 times this year they are at those parks almost every day. If you don't believe them so be it but out of the majority of the posters on this site I find both of their posts about their jobs and informative tidbits about the parks/rides to be insightful. It's no reason to outright attack any other forum members.

We all like to poke fun at the fact that Bizarro has slow ops and never has a line but the reality is that there are times when it looks like this.

SixFlagsGreatAdventureJuly15th20-43.thumb.jpg.57196299e0e93b9e626b1c77adcf2e55.jpg

I remember a picture posted from last year during Fright Fest where not only was the whole queue filled, the overflow queue they set up with ropes and the Glow in the Park parade route trashcans was also full and the line was almost to there area where you lock up items.

Yesterday I had one of my best trips to the park yet! There were no lines, even though there were quite a few people there. The operations were amazing, and the other workers were very social and friendly. On Batman and Skull mountain they were running two trains on both, and sometimes you wouldn't even stop at the final brake run since they finished in the station so early! They're just as good as they were the past few weeks. The lights were amazing as always, and we enjoyed the campfires and WAFFLE CART! Rides:

Batman: The Ride x 4 - Back row, right seat. My little sister and I rode this four times without getting up! It ran so well, even if it's not the way it is during the rest of the year. Awesome ride!

Nitro x 4 - Middle row once, back row three more times without getting off. It's been a while since I rode it at night, and wow! It's incredibly dark. I got my brother on this for his first time since he could do Steel Force, Talon, Great Bear, and a lot of wooden coasters and family coasters, but he hated it because he thought it was too scary.

Skull Mountain x 4 - Once again, I never left the station during the re-rides. I was on the back row twice and second-to-last row twice.

Swashbuckler

Joker - Green side, only got one or two flips but a lot of the time my seat was hanging upside-down.

So if any morons haven't gone to this yet, then GO!!!!! The park completely transforms with the amazing scenery and campfire smells. We stayed from 5 to 8 and got on plenty of rides and lots of food. I actually just remembered that we got the roasted almonds to bring them home and I tried them just now, and they're also amazing. So if freezing, pitch-black Nitro isn't enough to convince anyone to go, the limited-time foods is also enough of a reason to go.

^^ Broski, JRice and Ryan have never come on here posting some outlandish poo-poo. There's no reason not to believe them because have nothing to prove by posting that.

Not to mention while you may have been there 4 times this year they are at those parks almost every day. If you don't believe them so be it but out of the majority of the posters on this site I find both of their posts about their jobs and informative tidbits about the parks/rides to be insightful. It's no reason to outright attack any other forum members.

We all like to poke fun at the fact that Bizarro has slow ops and never has a line but the reality is that there are times when it looks like this.

So, to sum up..as I said you have no real numbers or facts. The only objective fact is the 2014 Mantis(last year number). Btw, 1 anomalous day doesn;t make up for the 95% of days Bizarro is a walk on and closes early during the summer b/c nobody is on it. Get real numbers for Gadv and CP and then you have a case, you don't. You're slurping the word of HS and College kids and taken it as set in stone even though it makes little to no sense if you know anything about the parks. Ocean front property in Idaho are you buying?

Given the sign up date and nature of his posts I'm pretty sure this is one of those trolls from the Great America forum where everyone was whining about getting banned from TPR. His desire to keep creating a made-up confrontation from nothing is way too transparent. It's not worth it.