TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Magic Mountain has the best holiday in the park, because unlike the babies in NJ they open everything.

Valencia, CA doesn't see 5 degree fahrenheit temperatures, either. Also, Magic Mountain is a park full of Great Adventure's Bizzarro ops. Have fun with your 10 minute dispatch times.

Magic Mountain has the best holiday in the park, because unlike the babies in NJ they open everything.

1. The climates of Valencia, CA and Jackson, NJ are slightly different in December & January.

2. LMAO at the notion that Magic Mountain has the best of anything in the Six Flags chain.

They don't open Kingda Ka and El Toro for Holiday in the park? Will finally be close enough this Thanksgiving to go but probably won't bother if those are not open.

See, so for this season to add to the awesomeness from last year, they're adding Joker, Harley Quinn, Skyway and a celebrity appearance from Millennium Force's #1 ride op. How could you miss out on an event like that? Where's your holiday spirit? You can ride a god damn 80 MPH hypercoaster when it's below freezing in New Jersey in January along with a killer invert, a fun flyer, an awesome 4D coaster and if you hate yourself... a sh*tty standup. What more could you possibly ask for?

Plus those waffles and

You lost me once you mentioned a awesome 4D coaster.

See, so for this season to add to the awesomeness from last year, they're adding Joker, Harley Quinn, Skyway and a celebrity appearance from Millennium Force's #1 ride op. How could you miss out on an event like that?

Plus those waffles and

Thanks for the compliment Bill! On a side note I'll have a small TR coming from my visit hopefully before the weekend is over.

So, completely off-topic, but just thought I'd share

I'm in the middle of college applications right now, and my first-choice school I'm applying early decision to is Brown University. I made a bet with my mother where, if I get into Brown University, she has to ride a big roller coaster. She can't stand anything bigger than a Wild Mouse or Arrow Mine Train, so I've decided to take her on Nitro when we make our trip to Great Adventure over the summer. Any other suggestions in the Northeast? Has to be less than 300 feet tall with no inversions.

So, completely off-topic, but just thought I'd share

I'm in the middle of college applications right now, and my first-choice school I'm applying early decision to is Brown University. I made a bet with my mother where, if I get into Brown University, she has to ride a big roller coaster. She can't stand anything bigger than a Wild Mouse or Arrow Mine Train, so I've decided to take her on Nitro when we make our trip to Great Adventure over the summer. Any other suggestions in the Northeast? Has to be less than 300 feet tall with no inversions.

There are really 2 routes you could take here. Nitro is a great idea because she might actually like it. It's mostly forceless, has fun floater air and would be very appealing to someone who's apprehensive about riding coasters. If she enjoys it, she might be willing to try some other large coasters. Phoenix at Knoebels would also be a spectacular choice if you want to go this route.

The other option is to go the a**hole route (which I might do). When I knew you were going to Great Adventure I was about to tell you to sit in row 1 of Kingda Ka and send your poor mother rocketing into the stratosphere at 120+ MPH. Sadly because of the 300 foot restriction that's not possible, so then you could do something like El Toro or Skyrush which would scar her for life and guarantee that she never rides another coaster again. The upside of course is that this would be completely hilarious.

So if you think there's a chance she might start liking larger coasters, take her on Nitro. If you know that won't happen and want to get the most bang for your buck, then do Skyrush or El Toro.

^^ LOL my first thought was El Toro but Skyrush really would push her over the edge (pun intended).

On the flip you could do Steel Forceless, aka the World's Largest Mine Train.