TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

DC Comics had an entire series dedicated to gravel? Seriously this is the ugliest ride ever. Here's the highly themed ride area...

The theme is that it is the Ferris Aircraft Hangar where Hal Jordan works. For the theme they are trying to convey, I think it works great. You see the big jet, you see the sign of the Ferris company. If you're a DC Comics fan or fan of the Green Lantern movie, I personally think it does a fine job of taking you into the film. Not as good as Dark Knight coaster theming of course, but still pretty good.

And I haven't ridden since 2013, so I didn't know Parallax was gone But then again, since I haven't ridden in 3 years maybe it HAS gotten way too rough. Oh well!

That being said, I'll still ride it during HITP, because I am a masochist.

Even though there are a grand total of 4 major coasters open during Holiday in the Park I still don't ride the thing. I'm not about to let that steaming turd ruin my merry Christmas.

Do we have a list of what coasters are operating for HiTP this year? Or is it going to be the same bunch as last year?

DC Comics had an entire series dedicated to gravel?

Even though there are a grand total of 4 major coasters open during Holiday in the Park I still don't ride the thing. I'm not about to let that steaming turd ruin my merry Christmas.

I went that Friday before close with a buddy who is apparently also a masochist because its his favorite coaster there (or at least one of them). Yeah. Yep. Only once but I hadn't ridden it since spring of 2014 and that winter ride reminded me why I hate it.

I personally think it does a fine job of taking you into the film.

Wow you got that good sticky-icky. Who's your connect?

Do we have a list of what coasters are operating for HiTP this year? Or is it going to be the same bunch as last year?

Not yet. Probably what was opened last year+Joker and Crazy Train

No, but I'd bet anything that it's the same bunch as last year plus Harley Quinn and Joker.

... see, echo chamber

Honestly I feel like if they do VR for HITP the lines will still be totally manageable. The only problem will be that if it's holiday themed they probably won't play the death metal music. Then again if they do Christmas VR and play death metal that will officially be the single greatest attraction in theme park history.

Unpopular opinion, I like Green Lantern and it is more enjoyable than the other 2 standup coasters I've ridden.

I rode it when it was Chang and I loved it, but then again maybe I just didn't find it rough compared to T2, Thunder Run and Twisted Twins.

This is it. GL is just crappy compared to our otherwise solid lineup. Its fine if people like it, and I'm sure it was a real gem when it was at KK but we have so many other coasters I personally would rather ride. Its just like my Possessed/Wicked Twister conundrum. I love Possessed and thought WT was average - it has less to do with the rides themselves and much more to do with the other coasters in their respective parks.

- Awesome DC Comics Theme

DC Comics had an entire series dedicated to gravel? Seriously this is the ugliest ride ever.

I would Scream at SFMM is worse. They didn't even remove the parking lot lines. At least GL got gravel LOL!

https://rcdb.com/2169.htm#p=33013

I love that it was built 13 years ago and the parking lot lines are still extremely visible. Top quality paint!

Unpopular opinion, I like Green Lantern and it is more enjoyable than the other 2 standup coasters I've ridden.

I rode it when it was Chang and I loved it, but then again maybe I just didn't find it rough compared to T2, Thunder Run and Twisted Twins.

This is it. GL is just crappy compared to our otherwise solid lineup. Its fine if people like it, and I'm sure it was a real gem when it was at KK but we have so many other coasters I personally would rather ride. Its just like my Possessed/Wicked Twister conundrum. I love Possessed and thought WT was average - it has less to do with the rides themselves and much more to do with the other coasters in their respective parks.

I think I'm just weird. Before I moved to Georgia last winter Great Adventure was my home park, and as long as the line wasn't more than 20 minutes Green Lantern was always a go to, especially over Superman. I however will agree its weak compared to the awesome lineup of Nitro, BTR, Bizarro, and El Toro.

Though I havent been to cedar point since Maverick was new, at the time it was my third favorite coaster there after Maverick, and Millennium Force. I will say I think Possessed is the best coaster at Dorney, but I've been beating Dorney to death since I was about 12 years old so I don't even ride some of their coasters anymore. Steel Force is a skip for me pretty much if I go. They need a new coaster badly.

green.JPG.e2caf92304420b13bee841d2f57d3f8b.JPG

Honestly, the only reason Green Lantern gets so much hate is because the movie it is tied to got horrible reviews. If it was painted Blue and themed to Avatar, I bet it would be the most popular ride in the park!

What if Green Lantern was themed to a high speed collision? The area is already in shape.

"Ok, so we're picking up speed on the drop. I like it!"

"I'm starting to feel uncomfortable, maybe the collision is coming up!"

"Getting thrown around at high speed? Sounds like a crash!"

"It hurts so much! It's almost like I'm in a real crash!"

Another pro is that people will be encouraged to go to SFGAdv instead of engaging in an actual high speed collision.

So, I am thinking about trying to go on the 17th of this month, which is a Saturday. I was curious what crowds might look like? looks like the hours are 11am - midnight. will probably stay the night there. We've never been before and it would be for our anniversary, definitely want to make it special if it ends up working out. Thanks for the help guys!