TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I can wait til next year to ride it.

No need to wait until next year... behold.

Oh yeah. Hopefully they won't VR it for HITP. On one hand it would be kinda of cool but it would take away one of our two indoor (read: warm) coasters.

Honestly I feel like if they do VR for HITP the lines will still be totally manageable. The only problem will be that if it's holiday themed they probably won't play the death metal music. Then again if they do Christmas VR and play death metal that will officially be the single greatest attraction in theme park history.

Honestly I feel like if they do VR for HITP the lines will still be totally manageable. The only problem will be that if it's holiday themed they probably won't play the death metal music. Then again if they do Christmas VR and play death metal that will officially be the single greatest attraction in theme park history.

While it's not death metal they could always partner up with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra for holiday in the park lol

^ when were you last at the park? Bizarros audio was removed years ago. Also you know what's great about the fact that you weirdos enjoy the piece of crap known as Green Lantern? Less people in front of me in line for the truly great rides elsewhere in the park.

^ when were you last at the park? Bizarros audio was removed years ago. Also you know what's great about the fact that you weirdos enjoy that piece of crap? Less people in front of me in line for the truly great rides elsewhere in the park.

Exactly why many of us enjoy the bro-mance some have for Skull Mountain's last row.

But there is no airtime on Green Lanterns drop. No death metal either. Impossible comparison.

With Skull Mountain airtime is only available in 8.25% of the seats and death metal is only present during 8.25% of the calendar year.

You will rue the day that the wait for the last row of Skull Mountain is 20 deep because of your praise.

Seriously guys? The Pros of GL waaaaay outweigh the cons

Pros

- Awesome DC Comics Theme

-Multiple Inversions

- Nice Big Drop!

- Riding right under the alien Parallax

Cons

- hurts your huevos a little bit!

But honestly, what StandUp isn't rough and won't jostle your goodies around? None of them! As far as Stand Ups go, I'd honestly say Green Lantern is my favorite.

Don't forget the headbanging and uncomfortable riding position. Oh and ^^ Parallax has been missing since 2014. So you lose a pro. The drop is the only enjoyable part.

Look, it may be because we're spoiled with an otherwise solid lineup but the ride blows. But by all means don't let me stop you from riding it. May the gforce be with your taint.

I've mentioned this before, but I still find it interesting when GL was at KK as Chang it was a ride that got so many rave reviews and people were so disappointed to see it removed from KK. Now, it gets so much hate lol! I've personally never rode it, but I don't understand how a change of location changed the majority opinion lol!

- Awesome DC Comics Theme

DC Comics had an entire series dedicated to gravel? Seriously this is the ugliest ride ever. Here's the highly themed ride area...

maxresdefault.jpg

Riding right under the alien Parallax

Parallax is already gone and fallen into disrepair. He's in the boneyard by Nitro. There's literally one small, static theming element on the ride and they already gave up on it because it's a pile of crap ride and nobody cares.

Multiple Inversions

We already have good rides that invert a ton of times. Bizarro, Batman, Superman and Joker.

I usually try to find at least one redeeming quality of every coaster I've ridden, even the crappy ones. Of all the coasters I've been on, Green Lantern stands alone (no pun intended) as being a heaping pile of crap with no positives at all, except for the fact that it ends.

That being said, I'll still ride it during HITP, because I am a masochist.

That being said, I'll still ride it during HITP, because I am a masochist.

Even though there are a grand total of 4 major coasters open during Holiday in the Park I still don't ride the thing. I'm not about to let that steaming turd ruin my merry Christmas.