TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the help all.

One more question. So I bought the promo pass thing. Can I process the season pass at HH or do I have to go to the main park first?

Also, I havent had a season pass in 5 years. From what I understand, theres no more processing hut right? Just enter through any line?

And last one: HH closes at 6:30 and the main park is open until 10, so I was thinking of heading over and hitting a coaster or two. I notice that the best parking is "preferred" and costs extra. Do they generally still monitor this after 6pm?

WAIT ONE MORE. Never having been to HH, is there a must-ride that backs up? Something I should try to hit ASAP?

The pass processing process is really fast, you just enter through any line and they basically just hand it to you. No, they don't care if you park in the preferred lot late in the day. After a certain time they don't staff the parking lot at all. You can enter but you just drive through the tollbooths and park wherever you want. I don't know what time the cutoff is though.

I might be making a trip to the park for Holiday in the Park. What areas/ rides are not open for that event or is everything open depending on the weather? The reason I ask is SFoG closes the Lick Skillet area where Sky Screamer, Bluehawk/Ninja and GASM are at, so I didn't know if any areas or rides would be closed here also.

^ last year everything was open except Golden Kingdom, Plaza del Carnival, and Frontier. I'd imagine they'll add Joker and Crazy Train to the mix of open rides this year since they are right on Main Street.

It's official, I bought a membership during the Flash Sale and I'll be visiting on October 12th! I want to thank you guys already being as I've seen you all post the "plan of attack" for this park many times over.

That's not how this works... That information is for their trips. Not yours

It's official, I bought a membership during the Flash Sale and I'll be visiting on October 12th! I want to thank you guys already being as I've seen you all post the "plan of attack" for this park many times over.

Awesome! Have a great time. You deserve some time off, lol. Great meeting you the other day by the way.

Awesome! Have a great time. You deserve some time off, lol. Great meeting you the other day by the way.

Thank you, it was great meeting you too. It's always nice to meet other TPR members in person.

If I visit on a Saturday [weekend of Oct 14th or 21st] with a Plat FP, will I still be able to get 2+ rides on Toro and Nitro and the other big rides? I can shrug aside clones and kiddie credits as I've been on many before. I'm planning a NY trip since I've never been to NYC and feel like I need to make the trip to Great Adventure.

Yeah with a platinum FP you'll have no problem getting rides on anything you want, but if it's not raining (and maybe even if it is) the place will be rammed. You're looking at going on easily two of the busiest weekends of the season. You've been warned.

Yeah with a platinum FP you'll have no problem getting rides on anything you want, but if it's not raining (and maybe even if it is) the place will be rammed. You're looking at going on easily two of the busiest weekends of the season. You've been warned.

Agreed, and make sure you get there before opening. The security line is awful but if you get through that lines should be manageable the first few hours of the day. Lines are unbearable in late afternoon / early evening.

I'd go to Kingda Ka first, then El Toro, then Bizarro (because it's right there) and then Skyway to Nitro. Nitro gets ridiculous lines because exit passes and Flash Pass backs up all the way down the ramp / stairs and none of the lines move.

Since lines are so terrible, use it to your advantage and wait for good seats on rides. Once you get through the merge point on Kingda Ka for example, clear it, reserve something and you might as well wait for Row 1 because you're really waiting for 2 rides at once.

Keep in mind that Skull Mountain is VR so lines could be historically long and slow moving. Honestly you can probably ride it with Flash Pass Platinum but don't make it a priority. If you have to skip 1 coaster, skip Green Lantern. It blows. I think you'll be able to ride all the coasters with Platinum if you're there all day though.

Okay cool, even though it'll be slammed the FP will take care of things...that's all I need to know! As I make my NY plans depending on the day I leave, I will figure out when I can go. This is def a park I wouldn't want to do just one day at, but since I've never been to NY I gotta pack a lot into one trip! I knew I could count on you two for advice. I'll check in with more details soon

Keep in mind that Skull Mountain is VR so lines could be historically long and slow moving. Honestly you can probably ride it with Flash Pass Platinum but don't make it a priority. If you have to skip 1 coaster, skip Green Lantern. It blows. I think you'll be able to ride all the coasters with Platinum if you're there all day though.

Note: Flash Pass users on Skull Mountain are assigned to specific row in the middle of the train which is like not riding Skull Mountain at all since the only really great part is the drop but only if you are in the very last car. SM is going to become a complete clusterf*ck with this VR stuff but I'm OK with that, I can wait til next year to ride it.

And agreed skip Green Lantern, it really does suck. If you insist, save it for very last and make sure you get everything else in before you spend any time waiting for GL. Amazingly it does get decent lines, and definitely will if its busy but it is not at all worth the wait.

Our Batman is running really well, I'd definitely go for that over GL. And don't skip Bizarro, its totally solid. Ride it at night if you can. Nitro is also great at night.

Note: Flash Pass users on Skull Mountain are assigned to specific row in the middle of the train which is like not riding Skull Mountain at all since the only really great part is the drop but only if you are in the very last car. SM is going to become a complete clusterf*ck with this VR stuff but I'm OK with that, I can wait til next year to ride it.

And agreed skip Green Lantern, it really does suck. If you insist, save it for very last and make sure you get everything else in before you spend any time waiting for GL. Amazingly it does get decent lines, and definitely will if its busy but it is not at all worth the wait.

Our Batman is running really well, I'd definitely go for that over GL. And don't skip Bizarro, its totally solid. Ride it at night if you can. Nitro is also great at night.

I find it hilarious all the GL hate. I heard all the horrible things and when I visited I liked GL, Bizarro is a good ride that just gets ignored by people, the line was like 10 min max, most of the time 5 minutes or walk on. Would be nice if they just did some cosmetics on izarro, new paint and spruce up things. I loved it on my trip. I totally disagree with you Batman running well, unless they did something recently. It's not a smooth ride on the tracks, it rattled and shook as the wheels were not riding smooth on the tracks. That was in 3rd week of August. My home park is Great America and it's no comparison how smooth the ride on the track compared to GAdv. The smoother ride feels faster, better whip when you sit in the last row, which I always do.