TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Posted Images

Unless SFA's roar is totally different which its not. Roar west was far from perfection.The layout was basically a bunch of over banked turn with a few airtime hills here and there.

Due to the re-tracking, I've actually found Roar at Six Flags America to actually be a really fun ride! The turns have some laterals, the twistiness is a lot of fun and there's a few airtime hills that really deliver. It would be better as an RMC, but it really doesn't have to become one, and it seems like Six Flags is trying to preserve it. And if El Toro gets the RMC treatment, I would die. People say that it's getting rougher, but there's barely even a rattle. It still feels like what it was meant to be: a really smooth wooden coaster that still has a wooden feel to it. I wouldn't even give it re-tracking for at least a few more years.

I think they should RMC El Toro sometime in the near future.

Get out of this thread. Now.

RMC worked on El Toro, its an Intamin plug an play they can always pre fabricate track need be.

I was kidding, geez. Y'all act like so defensive sometimes. Grow up. They're just roller coasters.

Well jokes don't come across well on the Internet. And some sarcastic comments are okay but at the rate your going you seem to be serious about some of the things you are saying.

How has he not been banned yet?! Every forum I look in, he's there, driving everyone in it nuts. Grow up a little please. It's obnoxious.

Oh, and whoever said Joker seems to run faster; I agree. I got on it after the main bit of downtime and holy crap that thing flies. It's one of the few rides that might me truly nervous.

I've been on Joker several times by now and each ride has been a lot of fun, even the ones with fewer spins in them. I think it's been a very successful addition for them so far, even with the occasional spat of downtime.

Edited by michaellynn4

I love Joker. I rode it with JCoaster on Wednesday and our rides were down right terrifying. We went through the second beyond vertical drop head first due to the spinning. It really is such a great addition.

How has he not been banned yet?! Every forum I look in, he's there, driving everyone in it nuts. Grow up a little please. It's obnoxious.

It is quite amusing how easily one immature twat can get under some people's skin.

But if I'm going ban him, I'm also going to ban the 20 people that have been baiting him. And I don't have time for that so everyone please act your age.

Capture.JPG.36a8992594c7d33f732c960912c71084.JPG

Capture.JPG.29aa329ae4c8ee34d1ea1c7cc82992ef.JPG

Edited by larrygator

Going to the park for the first time ever next Saturday. Wish I didn't have to make a weekend visit, but it's the last day of a road trip. Tickets were $5 more for Saturday then the five days before, so I'm a little nervous that crowds may be higher. Any one have a guess how crowds will be? Willing to get Flash Pass if it's necessary to take in the whole park.

Going to the park for the first time ever next Saturday. Wish I didn't have to make a weekend visit, but it's the last day of a road trip. Tickets were $5 more for Saturday then the five days before, so I'm a little nervous that crowds may be higher. Any one have a guess how crowds will be? Willing to get Flash Pass if it's necessary to take in the whole park.

You're going to end up needing a Flash Pass. I'd also get there as early as possible.

If you get Flash Pass, get the Gold level. It's not as expensive as Platinum, but it still cuts your wait time down to about 50% of what it would be.

Do you need platinum for Joker? I heard that swirling around but I'm unable to confirm it anywhere.

If you get Flash Pass, get the Gold level. It's not as expensive as Platinum, but it still cuts your wait time down to about 50% of what it would be.

Do you need platinum for Joker? I heard that swirling around but I'm unable to confirm it anywhere.

Yes, the Joker is only available for reservation on the platinum level of the Flash Pass.

I'm planning on attending Riding of the Bull in September. I haven't been to any events like this and I've never ridden one roller coaster for any more than 15 minutes. If the night ERT on El Toro is anything like Millennium Force at night, it should be pretty memorable

I'm planning on attending Riding of the Bull in September. I haven't been to any events like this and I've never ridden one roller coaster for any more than 15 minutes. If the night ERT on El Toro is anything like Millennium Force at night, it should be pretty memorable

Yes, it will be memorable.

Great Adventure doesn't believe in lights unless it's Holiday in the Park. Midways and rides are ridiculously dark. It makes for kind of a crappy nighttime atmosphere, but it also makes for great night rides on just about all of their coasters (especially El Toro, Nitro, Batman, Kingda Ka and even Joker).

^ Yea, I've noticed that recently. We left after 9PM the last time I was there and none of the lights in Plaza del Carnival were on. Big Wheel was completely dark, too. Bums me out a bit, considering how much I like vibrant light packages and how well I always thought the park operated them in the past.

In other news, someone apparently got bitch slapped by a loose article on El Toro:

Woman injured while riding Six Flags wooden roller coaster

JACKSON – A visitor at Six Flags Great Adventure was sent to the hospital Friday after she was hit in the face while riding the park's famous El Toro wooden roller coaster.

Six Flags' medical staff responded to the incident Friday evening and treated the woman after she was struck by an object while riding the roller coaster, Six Flags spokeswoman Kristin Siebeneicher said. It was not immediately clear what the object was.

The woman was taken to the hospital and Six Flags closed the ride for the evening in order to do a full inspection, Siebeneicher said. After an inspection by the state Friday night and another by the park Saturday morning, Six Flags reopened the ride, Siebeneicher said.

The condition of the woman was unavailable Saturday.

El Toro is one of the most well-known and steepest Six Flags rides. It has a 176-foot drop, making it the steepest wooden roller coaster in the country, according to the park's website.