TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ Or you could just stay alert of weather conditions and then check one of the parks many social media channels, they are pretty good about updating all of them with notices like this mornings. I am not at all surprised they did not open today, it's supposed to be cold and rainy all day.

I did so I didn't waste any time going today but just saying sending out emails and notifications on the app really isn't that hard to do and could prevent others from going. The app doesn't even say its closed

If people are too stupid to check the weather and the parks FB/Twitter pages on a day like today before going then they deserve to show up and be turned away.

Geez some of you people are so harsh for no reason... the idea to send out a push notification is something that would take about 30 minutes to code in the app and save a lot of people trouble.

I think the reminder would be a nice feature and I don't consider myself "too stupid" to visit a theme park.

Geez some of you people are so harsh for no reason... the idea to send out a push notification is something that would take about 30 minutes to code in the app and save a lot of people trouble.

I think the reminder would be a nice feature and I don't consider myself "too stupid" to visit a theme park.

I'm not being harsh, I'm being real. It's literally an 80-90% chance of rain until the park would be closing tonight. For the past few days all the local weather forecasts have been saying Sunday would be a washout. It's been raining since early this morning. One would think a sensible person would see that its raining, check the forecast for the day, make the reasonable assumption that its going to pour all day, and then check one of the parks MANY social media outlets or maybe even the parks website which was updated with the message about the closure earlier this morning. The idea of the app being updated is nice and all, but its not like the park hasn't made it perfectly clear that they are closed, I don't really understand the complaints made as if the park didn't inform people.

Boldikus is 100% right. At some point, common sense and personal responsibility needs to take the forefront. Like he said, there are plenty of reasonable, easy-to-check methods to obtain operational updates. Push alerts are unnecessary, superfluous, and would be a waste of time, energy and resources for the park to bother attempting.

To me it all depends on the volume of people who use the app. If you don't have a broad number of people using the app, having the push notification is nice. But until you reach critical mass on usage it is not necessary.

No. I assume 99.9% of the alerts would be alerting me each morning that I should use Got2B on my hair to keep it in place.

I didn't mean to imply that the push notifications wouldn't be useful; if they introduced them, I'd certainly sign up for them. But like Larry said, there needs to be a large enough audience that would use them, and I can't imagine current usage is even remotely close for it to be something that they'd consider, at least for now. At this point, the people who'd use them mostly consist of a bunch of coaster enthusiasts who are knowledgable enough to know to check social media streams for that kind of information.

I went to the park last Sunday, so here's my Photo TR!

Nice trip report and pictures! My family and I were there as well that day, so we may have crossed paths at some point.

One quick thing; it seems like all of your photos have a blueish tint to them. Did you take them all with an iPhone? If so, you might want to doublecheck and make sure that your camera doesn't have an automatic filter turned on by accident. If you open up the camera, then check down in the lower right hand corner; if the three overlapping dots are black and white, you're good. If they're in color, then you have a filter turned on. I found this out myself a while back when I went to Hersheypark and took a ton of photos, only to find out that they all had that tint to them, and I quickly learned that even if you hit that by accident, it doesn't reset itself unless you manually turn it off.

First off, thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it. I actually took every one of my pictures with a camera, a Panasonic Lumix DMC FH27 to be exact. And you are right, many of my photos do have a tint to them, but that's on its normal setting. Next time I go to any park, I'll change it up so that it looks clearer. Thanks!

I went to the park last Sunday, so here's my Photo TR!

Nice trip report and pictures! My family and I were there as well that day, so we may have crossed paths at some point.

One quick thing; it seems like all of your photos have a blueish tint to them. Did you take them all with an iPhone? If so, you might want to doublecheck and make sure that your camera doesn't have an automatic filter turned on by accident. If you open up the camera, then check down in the lower right hand corner; if the three overlapping dots are black and white, you're good. If they're in color, then you have a filter turned on. I found this out myself a while back when I went to Hersheypark and took a ton of photos, only to find out that they all had that tint to them, and I quickly learned that even if you hit that by accident, it doesn't reset itself unless you manually turn it off.

First off, thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it. I actually took every one of my pictures with a camera, a Panasonic Lumix DMC FH27 to be exact. And you are right, many of my photos do have a tint to them, but that's on its normal setting. Next time I go to any park, I'll change it up so that it looks clearer. Thanks!

It looks to be a white balance issue. Set it to the appropriate weather.

I had a wrench thrown into my plans for my Philly trip and now I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the trouble to try and make SFGAdv on this trip...

Here's the deal: I don't have a driver's license and my travel buddy might not be making the trip to Philly with me now. Originally we were gonna rent a car for a day or three, but now that's not possible if it's just me. I'm in Philly June 9-14. Main reason for the trip is the US Men's National Soccer Team's match on 6/11. I'll be staying in downtown Philly for this. I was looking at SFGAdv on 6/12 or 6/13.

Philly seems to be about 90 minutes away from SFGAdv, so public transit/Uber/Lyft is out of the question, right?

Now, I see that there is a bus to SFGAdv out of NYC. Has anyone utilized this? It's not ideal since I would lose the 1st and last hours in the park, but it might be all I got. I wouldn't mind spending 6/12-14 staying in NYC. AMTRAK runs between Philly and NYC for $80 round trip, so not bad. How reliable is AMTRAK between Philly and NYC? I fly out of Philly at 10am on 6/14 so I would need to catch a 5:30 or 6am train out of NYC. Is this asking for trouble with little fudge factor in regards to time on 6/14?

At this point cost is only marginally increased by the NYC leg, but it will take some effort and that's where I have some trepidation. I want to add SFGAdv, but I also don't want to put myself in a situation where everything has to be perfect to pull it off... So thoughts? Am I insane for considering this