TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^Nice to meet you Chris

Feel free to say hi if you see me, I'm I'm a brown outlaw run t shirt today.

I saw you enter the El Toro station at some point during my 15 rides. I would have certainly had a beer with you if I had talked to you and not left the park around 1PM.

Edited by larrygator

I'm being dead serious when I say that one of my absolute favorite things about Great Adventure is that the waterdummys have clothes and faces.

Is that Bailey the baby bear?! Can't believe how much cubs can grow in 4 short weeks!! Thanks for those pics Larry.

We made it exit 7A just as storm clouds were rolling in and it started pouring shortly after. Stopped at McD's for some food and waited out the storm then drove over parking in Tweety 1 and walking in the park at 4:48pm. Nothing major was running yet so we went to Boldikus Mtn for 3 rides in a row in the back. My mom, a coaster freak, is a total cult convert! The first drop got more awesome each ride!

1544019499_SFGAdv20120storm20clouds204_26_16.JPG.0e03a22b5ded66a9cee4d423005abee1.JPG

No joke storm clouds

Nitro was running by then and got a walk on last row followed by a 1 train wait for the front row. I'm not really a front seat person on coasters except accelerators and flyers but wow what a different experience!!! Loved it. Got some really cool pics with the clouds which I'm hoping to post from my ancient Crackberry. No promises they appear tonight, or ever. Mom wanted soft-serve as her dining pass snack & we talked while watching the rides go. The clouds were just unreal. I promise these are all unedited:

963442316_SFGAdv20220Nitro20glorious20clouds204_26_16.JPG.040c73823a521062268e64a0bbef866c.JPG

Then the clouds suddenly parted and the glorious blue skies welcomed the airtime chariot otherwise known as Nitro

365313745_SFGAdv20320Nitro20clouds204_26_16.thumb.jpg.92a3e025c4edbc8c90c31a5fc953fcac.jpg

Soaring into the Heavens

1434417347_SFGAdv20420Nitro204_26_16.jpg.640a4c7e48a0c56cc9a69b5aae8f8428.jpg

Train flying into the dog leg

Storm clouds arrived again so we went to The Dark Knight for 3 consecutive rides while the rain did its thing. Walked down the exit ramp and the sun was shining brightly yet rain was coming down in buckets. Really cool lighting of Nitro yet again:

2010967505_SFGAdv20520Nitro20storm204_26_16.jpg.a3fcdbf74730c7cb84c885221a6fdd8e.jpg

Angels singing

I've never been on Houdini's Great Escape and decided today was the day. It was... Odd. Good thing I looked up how it works & what to expect or else ibe dizzy and sick. Once and done, guess I'm not a Vekoma Madhouse fan. Walked out to see Superman testing and got a walk-on ride for row 3, then 2nd ride changed to row 2. Got a double ride on the parachutes and saw Ka launching trains so went over there but they didn't have the queue open.

At this point my heart started beating fast as I heard the music to all enthusiast's ears, otherwise known as El Toro's upstop wheels engaging over the hills. Complete walk-on over there!! Had a ride in the magic seat, then someone was in my row (jerkface) so hopped in the front row of the last car. Decided wheel seats are for losers and jumped up 2 rows to the middle row of the 2nd to last car. Finally went back to the then-open magic seat after what appeared to be a massive protein spill several cars up. Toro was really flying in the rain. Nice to finally meet you El Toro Ryan!!! Says the girl in a bright orange/pink windbreaker & sunglasses

My meetings will be over by 2:30pm tom/Wed so we'll hit the park about 4pm again on our way back down to DC. I really need to see the animals some more and mom's never been on the safari. I forget what time Safari closes but we'll be back in a month if the timing doesn't work out. Plus we want to get a few more spins on Toro and we'd like to do Zum. In exactly 3 hours today we got on more rides than we've done using Flash Pass. And had a leisurely walk around the entire park!

Ride total, in order:

Boldikus Mountain: 3x

Nitro: 2x

TDK: 3x

Houdini: 1x

Superman: 2x

Parachutes: 2x

El Toro: 4x

Sounds like a great day! I believe the safari closes around 5 so just hit that up first. I'll be getting to the park around 430 to 5pm myself tomorrow as well. Bringing my mom cause she said she wanted to go after my gf and me have been talking about it nonstop this year lol

Is that Bailey the baby bear?! Can't believe how much cubs can grow in 4 short weeks!! Thanks for those pics Larry.

Yes, it is Bailey

When I pulled into the parking lot in the AM, the attendant warned that the park might be closing early because of potential thunderstorms. However, I didn't even realize it rained at the park later in the day. We did not get any rain 30 miles north of the park

Edited by larrygator

Sounds like a great day! I believe the safari closes around 5 so just hit that up first. I'll be getting to the park around 430 to 5pm myself tomorrow as well.

I was thinking Safari closed at 4. What about the baby animals in the Seafari by Ka? Larry or Bill - any idea what time that closes?

I'll be wearing sunglasses and my neon orange/pink plaid windbreaker again and mom has a bright green hoodie. If you see us say hi!!

They moved the babies to Camp Aventura but the walkway by the Seafari theater still has one lion cub and otters. The Safari doesn't have a set closing time, it's based on how long the line is because obviously everyone has to be off the ride before it gets dark.

They moved the babies to Camp Aventura but the walkway by the Seafari theater still has one lion cub and otters. The Safari doesn't have a set closing time, it's based on how long the line is because obviously everyone has to be off the ride before it gets dark.

Aargh! Keeping them in the walkway provides such great exposure to a larger audience (if promoted). Yesterday a couple with two kids was walking from Kingda Ka to El Toro, one kid started walking through the Seafari area telling dad it was a short cut. He told her they should just walk the normal way. I told the dad if they took the short cut there would be a huge surprise the whole family would enjoy. The two little girls were so thrilled when they saw the cubs playing around,

Sounds like a great day! I believe the safari closes around 5 so just hit that up first. I'll be getting to the park around 430 to 5pm myself tomorrow as well.

I was thinking Safari closed at 4. What about the baby animals in the Seafari by Ka? Larry or Bill - any idea what time that closes?

I'll be wearing sunglasses and my neon orange/pink plaid windbreaker again and mom has a bright green hoodie. If you see us say hi!!

I'm in the park today too so I'll keep an eye out for you.I'm in a light blue/black speckled fleece.

New construction update from the park. Joker is testing, POV in the video.

(can't get the video to embed for some reason) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They just posted this themselves also

This is a great sign, Memorial Day is only a month away!

But how are they going to get all the landscaping and themed elements (including the station) done by then??

Oh, right.

We can believe they will be on time until they tell us they are not on time, which will probably be in the coming weeks.

My point was that they'll be on time because they won't to jack sh*t. There won't be any theming, the queue railings probably won't even be cemented in when it opens and that piece of metal that's there now is probably the station. It's done.. Lol

^ Thanks!

Unrelated, anyone just get the latest passholder email? The header is a picture of Dare Devil Dive (SFOG), and almost all of the coasters pictured are not even at Great Adventure.

Oh and also: It's coming.

1730061304_allseason.jpg.04a08c3305ba37ef556088cd7dd0996a.jpg

^ For Magic Mountain it was $799, but at the time they announced it, it was on sale for $499. Kind of insane unless you go all the time and have cash to burn. And yeah, the page was broken for me too.

edit: SFMM is still running the $499 sale. https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/season-flash-pass

Edited by boldikus