TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

I've never, ever been able to figure out that bank-a-ball thing. We never play games at corporate parks but at smaller parks where they give prizes and not tickets I love cleaning house at Skeeball. I'm awful at most other games though. Lol

Went El Toro front row which he loved

You do realize you skipped the best ride in the park?

Part of me likes most folks not being aware of the amazing, far superior back car rides on this beast, but why oh why does anyone wait for the front row on El Toro? It's truly baffling to me. It always has SUCH a long long wait but just WHY.

Golden Rule of Toro: Once you go back you never go back.

Its actually an amazing ride in the front row. Is it always worth the wait when you can get a better experience in the back rows? No. But that doesn't mean you totally disregard the front. I had one of my best rides ever last week riding shotgun and thats saying a lot since I've been riding it many many times a year since 06.

I think the back is slightly better, but it is awesome in the front since you get the better view, and the wind going right in your face gives you a great sense of speed! But the back is much more forceful. Usually on less crowded days I ride the back and then wait a little extra for the front, too.

Went El Toro front row which he loved

You do realize you skipped the best ride in the park?

Part of me likes most folks not being aware of the amazing, far superior back car rides on this beast, but why oh why does anyone wait for the front row on El Toro? It's truly baffling to me. It always has SUCH a long long wait but just WHY.

Golden Rule of Toro: Once you go back you never go back.

I took your advice about skull mountain in the back, that first drop had me completely out of my seat haha

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/SkullMountainQueue.htm

For the Skull Mountain fans, above is a great spotlight on the original queue, courtesy of Great Adventure History. Cool read and photos.

Yes indeed! It makes me sad that the ability to "stage" our rides can be good- but the business model/finances cannot sustain them (those pics on the link support this comment!) On that note- it pains me to this day to have seen the "best ever" for SFGA go to waste- The Golden Kingdom/Kingda Ka area of the park.....it was the perfect combo for me when my kids were little- mom kept them busy in the "new" kids area, while dad took on the beast! What a waste of money that (now closed) area of the park turned out to be.....including that stupid train that was never opened, because of the hazard it created around the climbing area!

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/SkullMountainQueue.htm

For the Skull Mountain fans, above is a great spotlight on the original queue, courtesy of Great Adventure History. Cool read and photos.

Yes indeed! It makes me sad that the ability to "stage" our rides can be good- but the business model/finances cannot sustain them (those pics on the link support this comment!) On that note- it pains me to this day to have seen the "best ever" for SFGA go to waste- The Golden Kingdom/Kingda Ka area of the park.....it was the perfect combo for me when my kids were little- mom kept them busy in the "new" kids area, while dad took on the beast! What a waste of money that (now closed) area of the park turned out to be.....including that stupid train that was never opened, because of the hazard it created around the climbing area!

Yeah, the Golden Kingdom is sad nowadays. When it opened it was really, really nice and a breath of fresh air. SF let it get rundown and a shell of its former self. Same thing with PDC to a lesser degree, although Macho Nacho is a great addition.

Awesome! Wonder if this will include dedicated pedestrian pathways as well. I hate the way it's set up currently, with foot traffic having to walk in front of vehicle traffic.

THIS. I personally think (as a non driver obviously) that the lack of walkable pathways from the lot to the park is ridiculous and the biggest issue they need to fix with a parking lot refurb. Yes, the potholes and general disintegration of roadway is insanely terrible but having to walk through traffic to get to your car is a huge safety issue and I'm surprised it hasn't caused a major problem so far with someone getting hit by a car while traversing the lot.

Saw this earlier. Great news! Definitely overdue, but glad to see the park make these necessary infrastructure investments.

^ Yea, I'm hoping they take advantage of this opportunity to rethink traffic flow / layout issues rather than just lay down fresh blacktop.

Edited by michaellynn4

Saw this earlier. Great news! Definitely overdue, but glad to see the park make these necessary infrastructure investments.

^ Yea, I'm hoping they take advantage of this opportunity to rethink traffic flow / layout issues rather than just lay down fresh blacktop.

They really just need a wide pathway/sidewalk that runs all along the front of the park from Ka, past GL and Supes up to the entrance. Would also be nice to see preferred parking shrunk a bit since its almost never at capacity.

I'm quite excited... Maybe they will get it done over the next few weeks while the park is closed during the week!!

Per a Q&A with John Fitzgerald, it is actually going to be a three-year project.